Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Career Mode

ComloComlo Member New Car Smell
Hello, i dont know if someone already asked something like that but i would like to know if anyone knows if we can start a career mode with a real driver? 
I mean like i would like to start a career mode with Ricciardo for example and move to Ferrari or i dont know such things!

Comments

• WestyyWestyy Member New Car Smell
    Comlo said:
    Hello, i dont know if someone already asked something like that but i would like to know if anyone knows if we can start a career mode with a real driver? 
    I mean like i would like to start a career mode with Ricciardo for example and move to Ferrari or i dont know such things!
    Not in F1 2016, you can however start a quick race then add the season to the calendar. 
  • ComloComlo Member New Car Smell
    Too bad !
    Yeah but i can never get with another driver to another team ! 
    I think that is the only dissapointing thing at F1 2017 
    The game looks amazing but it would be much better if we could start a 10 season career with any driver (For example getting with Wehrlein to Mercedes)
  • thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Pit Crew
    Comlo said:
    Too bad !
    Yeah but i can never get with another driver to another team ! 
    I think that is the only dissapointing thing at F1 2017 
    The game looks amazing but it would be much better if we could start a 10 season career with any driver (For example getting with Wehrlein to Mercedes)
    Only thing you can do is make your own character known as Pascal Wehrlein and do the career mode, although there'd be 2 clone wehrleins when you move teams hahaha
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T150 Wheel (Ferrari edition)
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended race weekends: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP
    Yeah but this is not so realistic ! I would really like to see a real player in another team ! unfortunately i must live with the ideea that they dont do this :( 
    Still the game will be amazing i am sure about this
  • AraqielAraqiel Member Unleaded
    The good old licensing issues mean real drivers switching teams in-game is well and truly off-limits.
  • BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    Why do you want to be Wehrlein? I'm sure you are a way better driver than him and it's time to show that  :)
    The point is not that i want Wehrlein but i hate to win a race and the commentator says : And first place a Ferrari or Mercedes and to the other drivers they say the real name !
  • path1337path1337 Member New Car Smell
    Comlo said:
    The point is not that i want Wehrlein but i hate to win a race and the commentator says : And first place a Ferrari or Mercedes and to the other drivers they say the real name !
    I think in F1 2013 there was smth like "nickname", for example "Master", and your engineer was asking you by using this name, but maybe I'm wrong. But otherwise it could be nice feature in f1 2017