Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official telemetry app for F1 2017

VackVack Member New Car Smell
I like to have an official telemetry app from codemasters for f1 2017.  To analyze our lap datas.
Do you agree with that?

Official telemetry app for F1 2017 65 votes

Yes - need telemetry app
84%
Bobino12TuttiMattidwin20FRACTUREDMrGhostO1OMichelatNLLFCredswillisamDarkthrone10cdrwmagnexJuanCarMRsebasdenbKAYMP4SeriouslyLChaves01RaalteLuismiNieto74mrchpukerbastek2504Samzagee 55 votes
No - not required
13%
Falcon4steviejay69Alon78baxlarrylbassserDanM3Dcheekymunkey78attiew1988 9 votes
Um - What is telemetry?
1%
Liverpoolrule19 1 vote

Comments

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    No - not required

People's requirements will differ depending on the platform they play on and kit they use, both the controller and the telemetry device(s).

This has traditionally been handled by third party developers. This keeps it platform agnostic.

Most other racing games also work on this basis. The choice of device and app is also based on the number of different games it supports.

All CM can do is liaise with developers on the output specification and the market takes care of the rest.

I agree that an export of the race director for laptimes would be a good start and if this can be done then fine, but I don't see that the telemetry is necessary to be recorded in game either because the information output can be recorded within the telemetry apps that exist on the given basis above.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes - need telemetry app
    This needs to be an integrated part of the game. No F1 team would operate without telemetry and no F1 driver would operate with (or succeed with) the lack of telemetry that exists in this game. This was in older F1 games (GP4 and EA F1 Challenge '99-'02 as examples).
    No - not required
    Think these votes are 'want' rather than 'need' telemetry. It is already there though and the telemetry solutions do support more than one game.
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Yes - need telemetry app
    I would like in game telemetry feeds like an engineer would show the drivers to compare with team mates. Gran Turismo had it years ago, I could tune a car and then see all the little differences that was having to myriad different pressures, outputs, g's pulled etc.

Its an F1 game with no in game telemetry in an era of telemetry and big data.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
    edited October 5
    Yes - need telemetry app
    @FRACTURED - agree with your last point. For example, I would like to be able to see when I am breaking and at what speed - where my turn-in is, how close to the apex did I come (late/on mark/early?) and what my exit speed is - as well as time for the specific corner - and see them in contrast with a variety of setups - just as a start. These existed in F1 games that are now almost 2 decades old.
    Post edited by dwin20 on
  • cbenci21cbenci21 Member New Car Smell
    Download the RS Dash app. It works amazingly.
  • pthielpthiel Member New Car Smell
    Yes - need telemetry app
    Telemetry is essential for f1! I remember Microprose Grand Prix 4 where I was able to check everthing in the box after a practice round.
    Racefan in Munich
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Moved to General Discussion. Carry on.  
    No - not required
    I'll just leave this here
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.16862/
    You really want CM to do this given they should just actually make the damn game bug free?
    If they can make a cake, others can ice it.

• RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Yes - need telemetry app
    Don't need an app from CM itself but more telemetry would be nice. @dwin20 and @FRACTURED already mentioned things that are essentialy unmissable in F1
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member Unleaded
    F1Support said:
    Moved to General Discussion. Carry on.  
    I think what codies are trying to say is 
    "We appreciate your idea on this, telemetry is a huge part of modern Formula 1, and as such we are investigating ways in which we could implement this into our game, or indeed the next game... 
    We've put this on our roadmap for possible development, which you can keep up to date with here (page that does not exist). 
    In the meantime, please add any ideas you have for this feature to this thread, Thanks".

"Moved to General Discussion. Carry on."...sounds like two fingers to me! Good job guys!
    Yes - need telemetry app
    As an example of something clearly useful through telemetry to get to better setups - ride height settings. If set low enough is the plank hitting the ground - where and for how long. What did that do to speed? If minimal impact then no worries - but if significant then what happens if I slightly raise height - how much does that increase/decrease/no impact lap time - and where on the track?   
  • LChaves01LChaves01 Member Unleaded
    Yes - need telemetry app
    dwin20 said:
    As an example of something clearly useful through telemetry to get to better setups - ride height settings. If set low enough is the plank hitting the ground - where and for how long. What did that do to speed? If minimal impact then no worries - but if significant then what happens if I slightly raise height - how much does that increase/decrease/no impact lap time - and where on the track?   
    That's true, some things, ride height chief amongst them, shouldn't be set purely on feel.