Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Micro Machines World Series - v1.05. Found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

Please see below for the notes on the latest update to Micro Machines World Series! As usual, please  let us know here if there's anything you've noticed any bugs, glitches or issues, or if you've spotted anything you think might've slipped through the cracks.

• Changed “Quick Play” to “AI Match” - this mode will not enter matchmaking, but Group play is supported allowing friends to play synchronously with each other against the AI if they have formed a group together. Progression is the same as previous QP, and you can use this mode to gain XP and unlock loot boxes. However, this is still an Online Only mode as the server dictates maps and game rules.

• Changed “Ranked Play” to “Public Match”.

o During a Season all events contribute points.

o Out of season, you will still enter matchmaking against other players

o This mode is no longer locked at the start of the game.

• “Skirmish” renamed to “Local Play”.

• Fixed issue with “Tooled Up” achievement/trophy not unlocking under certain conditions. This should also now unlock retrospectively for players who previously completed it.

• Lt Shields APB ultimate has been visually improved.

• Vehicles can now be rotated in the garage

• Addressed some issues with sharing ADSL line connections

• Lots of other bug fixes

Comments

• AJC2424AJC2424 Member New Car Smell
    Can someone clarify this - but you've definitely sharpened up the graphics? My game suddenly looks much cleaner and sharper than it was before on PS4 (not Pro).
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    AJC2424 said:
    Can someone clarify this - but you've definitely sharpened up the graphics? My game suddenly looks much cleaner and sharper than it was before on PS4 (not Pro).
    I'll double-check with the dev team, as this might come in under 'other minor fixes'. :) 
  • BunglesFingerBunglesFinger Member New Car Smell
    edited July 26
    Nice to know the Tooled Up trophy has been addressed, now I just need a Double XP/Double Loot Crate weekend Special Event to get said trophy!! :wink:

All new renamed modes seem present & correct.

Going back to the Tooled Up Trophy, as i've prestiged now, played nearly 30hrs and am still 6,000 coins away from the elusive Tooled Up trophy for the platinum, any chance you could patch me the 6,000 coins, you know as a gesture of good will??

kthxbai!! ;)
    Post edited by BunglesFinger on
  • Kapnobatai81Kapnobatai81 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 26
    Power-ups in elimination are fun, but why are there Power-ups in Race Mode? That's not really racing. There is no option for a straight race. I just feel it's a bit unfair. Was the original game not a racing game without power-ups? On the positive side I have not noticed any bugs yet.

• SeeNoWeevilSeeNoWeevil Member New Car Smell
    60fps PS4 Pro patch please. The game is so hard on the eyes at 30.
  • Strider1979Strider1979 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 26
    3 things this game needs asap!

1. Remember last vehicle you selected in Public Match
    2. Re-search for another match instead of quitting out and relaunching
    3. Running on PS4 Pro the frame rate now seems slower? ****!
  • hamiltonjay5665hamiltonjay5665 Member New Car Smell

Yeah I've been racing you the past half hour , your all over the place you laggy bugger haha
    1. Options to choose different maps to race on.
    2. The option to turn off power ups!

Has the AI rubber banding been increased? Was way out in front then all of a sudden the AI was on me just begore the finish with a hammer to destroy his way tothe finish line! :(
    There is still problem with server. Though it seems to have improved slightly, it still lags. It still looses connection midway through races too. It seems to be a lot worse when Grouped with other racers.

Also the person at the top of the ranked/season leaderboard has been getting 80 points for a win, 70 points for 2nd place etc. Whats that about?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/535850/discussions/0/1457328392103803835/?ctp=2

• MulletinoMulletino Member New Car Smell
    Has the AI rubber banding been increased? Was way out in front then all of a sudden the AI was on me just begore the finish with a hammer to destroy his way tothe finish line! :(
    I had some games earlier where I was way ahead of the pack then some AI cars came screaming up behind me at an alarming pace!
  • MemoriesofFinalMemoriesofFinal Member New Car Smell
    edited July 27
    Hi, Xbox One gamer here.

How do I get Tooled Up to unlock retroactively? I earned all 59/59 of Dr. Mel Practice's items on July 17th and the achievement did not unlock. I downloaded the July 26th patch, and I noticed that I have unlocked the Micro Master title in-game, but Tooled Up and Micro Master Achievement still remains locked. I tried leveling up and opening another loot box and nothing has changed. Tried equipping everything one time and nothing happened.

Edit: Never mind, it finally unlocked after rebooting the game multiple times (hours apart even) and backing out to the opening screen/main menu multiple times in rapid succession. One of the most stubborn retroactive achievements I've ever dealt with. At least it's fixed! sort of

Also, a quality of life suggestion: I'd love to see the game offer some coins every time a player levels up in addition to the loot box. Loot boxes can be very inconsistent in items unlocked or coins given, so it'd be nice to have a consistent gain of coins somewhere. 

Post edited by MemoriesofFinal on

Also, a quality of life suggestion: I'd love to see the game offer some coins every time a player levels up in addition to the loot box. Loot boxes can be very inconsistent in items unlocked or coins given, so it'd be nice to have a consistent gain of coins somewhere. 

This I couldnt agree more with.

Skins are the most expensive items in the game and you rarely unlock them via a loot crate (probably for that reason). I need minimum to buy them all now, for one vehicle I am focusing on, as this vehicle has less skins to buy, around 5-6k (I have about 3-4 skins unlocked) which I think having prestiged and now on level 20 second time around I dont think accumulatively I have earned at all. Maybe 4500k tops!

Even if its 100-500 coins every 10 levels with a loot crate or a 1000 every 1/4? It just seems that you'd have to prestige twice minimum at my current rate of gain or get super lucky with what the loot crates given to get the items and even then as i've just said there is no guarantee of getting them.

I've lost count of how many crates I've opened for it to say nearly everytime on at least two items, 'you already own this item' heres 10 coins!!!

Just seems really pointless on the coins distribution side based on trade value versus purchasable content as the gap is huge, more so especially as the items you buy or unlock are of no benefit to the game or actual gameplay itself.
  • bindianabindiana Member New Car Smell
    Apart from the tooled up trophy you seemed to have changed things nobody was asking for who seriously was moaning about quickplay mode? 

The main issues people have been mentioning have been ignored mainly the quitting to menu after each race and crippling levelling and loot drops.
    I am in the same position as Bungle prestiged and hit level 20 again. So have to race for about an hour and half just to get 1 loot box just to open it to get 3 items you already have and a lot of the time 4 items I already have, which in turn usually gives me about 50 coins which is pretty useless as most expensive skins are 2000 coins. Your then talking levelling up 40 times to get 1 skin that's crazy!! You either need to massively increase the amount of coins given through the game or make sure loot boxes dont give you items you already have. At least if you get a duplicate item it gives you the same amount of coins as the item is to buy so you can buy a similar item be it skin, voice line or sticker.
  • Strider1979Strider1979 Member New Car Smell

Yeah I've been racing you the past half hour , your all over the place you laggy bugger haha
    I dont really pay attention to the names but im assuming I won? :wink: Laggy? I can assure you that's the servers mate, i have a 200MB line :smiley:
  • SeeNoWeevilSeeNoWeevil Member New Car Smell
    I'm getting matches very quickly now, with 4-5 real players. Good work on that front.
    Im back!

Please, Please, Please sort the coin distribution out!!!

The last 3 level ups i've had 3 items each time that I already have & gained 150 coins in total!!!

Just remove the already owned item bollocks & give more coins or more loots crates, its not that hard to patch in surely!!

i have no idea why 50-100 coins gained compared to needing over 7000 coins to buy skins alone was a good ideA!!
  • nsb88nsb88 Member New Car Smell
    Can you confirm whether the issue where the game crashed with the error CE-38780 on PS4 Pro has been fixed with this patch?
    The special event for this weekend freezes on the vehicle select screen. So nobody has been able to play it yet.
    The special event for this weekend freezes on the vehicle select screen. So nobody has been able to play it yet.
    Yehp, happened to me when I tried it when it went live.

This is the perfect opportunity for us all to receive free loot crates & a big coins boost, when they patch it to fix it.

Lets hope they read this and it happens. ;)