Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

Please see below for notes on the latest update to DiRT 4. As usual, please let us know if you note anything that's slipped through the cracks - all feedback is welcome!

Feature Improvements

- Added full Japanese language support, including: text, subtitles and audio.
- Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages. 
- Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
- Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
- Improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
- Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
- Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent. 
- ‘Up and Up’ achievement will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.

Crash Fixes

- Improved stability across the game. 

General Fixes

- Added the ability to configure unsupported devices. If you are already using an unsupported device, you will need to rebind any custom changes.
- Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area. 
- Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
- Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results.

Comments

• MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    edited July 27
    Hello, Christina!
    I don't wanna be a pain in the ass, but please fix/improve the FFB. I cannot enjoy the game to the fullest without a good FFB.
    I use a wheel. Logitech Driving Force GT PC Steam. The FFB is very weak and in some places i don't feel it.
    Is it normal that 2000's and R5 cars to be so unstable?
    Thanks.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Thanks Dirt team!                                                                              
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    cheers ! B)                                                                         
  • nbates66nbates66 Member New Car Smell
    just checking, are the "crashed opponents" meant to appear when doing rally shakedowns?
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Thanks! Great to see lots of bugs fixed and improvements made! :) 
  • JLUOJLUO Member New Car Smell
    For some reason, my T300 does not save any button mappings anymore. They all are unbound every time I start the game. Does someone else have this kind of problem, or is the problem at my end?
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    Thanks Dirt Team!!!

@ChristinaMc Does "Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session." mean that they don't reduce at all? Or fully championships in Jam Session will count as 1 and not every stage?
    Hello, Christina!
    I don't wanna be a pain in the ass, but please fix/improve the FFB. I cannot enjoy the game to the fullest without a good FFB.
    I use a wheel. Logitech Driving Force GT PC Steam. The FFB is very weak and in some places i don't feel it.
    Thanks.
    The FFB is a massive improvement over DR. Just set your values higher Mario...
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    LutzM said:
    Thanks Dirt Team!!!

@ChristinaMc Does "Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session." mean that they don't reduce at all? Or fully championships in Jam Session will count as 1 and not every stage?
    Each completed championship will reduce it by one.  It is up to the host of the Jam Session how many stages are in each championship.
    LutzM said:
    Hello, Christina!
    Thanks.
    Hello @LutzM!
    Can you post here your settings, please! I tryed everything and still the same. For some reason Dirt Rally have a better FFB than Dirt 4.
    What values i have to put higher?
    Thanks.
    I have a Logitech G920, have everything on 100% and changed nothing as for me FFB has improved massively over Dirt Rally, where it took me quite a time to get a right feeling...
    Go to your logitech profiler and set the forces from 100 to 125% and try it, maybe finetune afterwards...
  • TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 27
    LutzM said:
    Hello, Christina!
    Thanks.
    Hello @LutzM!
    Can you post here your settings, please! I tryed everything and still the same. For some reason Dirt Rally have a better FFB than Dirt 4.
    Thanks.
    Try these for DFGT (Works for me, but haven not updated them yet to DFGT settings thread for DIRT 4)
    LOGITECH PROFILER
    Overall effects strenght: 110%
    Spring effect: 100%
    Damper Effect: 100 %
    Enable Centering spring : YES
    Centering spring strength: 40% (7-50% is okay)

In-Game
    Steering align torque: 80 (50-100)
    Wheel friction: 100-120% (less if want more lively)
    Tyre friction: 150 % (100-150%, same rule as with wheel friction)
    Tyre slip 80% 
    Everything else at 100%

Use 900 degrees or other without softlock.

BTW these are quite "strong/high" settings for DFGT so you should feel something.

(In fact you could leave everything in game at 100% / default if you use my Profiler settings)
    If it still feel very light something is wrong with your wheel & Dirt 4. Maybe drivers etc problems.) Hope this helps

LutzM said:
    I have a Logitech G920, have everything on 100% and changed nothing as for me FFB has improved massively over Dirt Rally, where it took me quite a time to get a right feeling...
    Go to your logitech profiler and set the forces from 100 to 125% and try it, maybe finetune afterwards...
    I tryed 125% on Logitech profiler and the FFB didn't felt natural. In game i have everything at 100%

TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:
    Hello, Christina!
    Thanks.
    Hello @LutzM!
    Thanks.
    Try these for DFGT (Works for me, but haven not updated them yet to DFGT settings thread for DIRT 4)
    LOGITECH PROFILER
    Overall effects strenght: 110%
    Spring effect: 100%
    Damper Effect: 100 %
    Enable Centering spring : YES
    Centering spring strength: 40% (7-50% is okay)

In-Game
    Steering align torque: 80 (50-100)
    Wheel friction: 100-120% (less if want more lively)
    Tyre friction: 150 % (100-150%, same rule as with wheel friction)
    Tyre slip 80% 
    Everything else at 100%

Use 900 degrees or other without softlock.

BTW these are quite "strong/high" settings for DFGT so you should feel something.

(In fact you could leave everything in game at 100% / default if you use my Profiler settings)
    If it still feel very light something is wrong with your wheel & Dirt 4. Maybe drivers etc problems.) Hope this helps

I'm gonna try your settings and let you know later on. Thanks.
    edited July 27
    LutzM said:
    I tryed 125% on Logitech profiler and the FFB didn't felt natural. In game i have everything at 100%

How does it feel unnatural? Is it too twitchy / too soft etc?
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:

I only tryed 125% on logitech profiler. I didn't touch nothing else in-game. But it feels very strong the FFB. The wheel shake too much.
    edited July 27
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:

I only tryed 125% on logitech profiler. I didn't touch nothing else in-game. But it feels very strong the FFB. The wheel shake too much.
    It helps for wheel shaking to drop Steering Align Torque aka. SAT to 40-80 and put 25-50% of Centering spring from profiler.
    Profiler overall effect in is best about 100-110 % (gets rid of dead center) but you can use anything below if you want less shakiness & lighter wheel
    Usually if you have Profiler Centering spring & SAT at the same value (try 50%) it works quite nicely without shakiness

More centering spring you have more dampened FFB feels. The rule with DFGT is to have some centering spring with wheel friction & tyre friction. Then also have low enough SAT that it isn't too twitchy

(Wheel friction and tyre friction are considered to be canned effects as is Centering spring from Profiler but with DFGT + Dirt 4 i think you need them. If you want more Lively / Raw / Wild wheel use less)

TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:

It helps for wheel shaking to drop Steering Align Torque aka. SAT to 40-80 and put 25-50% of Centering spring from profiler.
    Profiler overall effect in is best about 100-110 % (gets rid of dead center) but you can use anything below if you want less shakiness & lighter wheel
    Usually if you have Profiler Centering spring & SAT at the same value (try 50%) it works quite nicely without shakiness

More centering spring you have more dampened FFB feels. The rule with DFGT is to have some centering spring with wheel weight & tyre friction. Then also have low enough SAT that it isn't too twitchy

I'm gonna try now your settings. I will say something. Thanks.
  • RustafurRustafur Member New Car Smell
    Lots of great fixes here from bugs I've seen as common complaints from the community.  Always awesome to see.  Thanks!
    edited July 27
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:

More centering spring you have more dampened FFB feels. The rule with DFGT is to have some centering spring with wheel weight & tyre friction. Then also have low enough SAT that it isn't too twitchy

I'm gonna try now your settings. I will say something. Thanks.
    @TuliRally your settings are not working for me. The wheel stays very heavy to turn. My brother have the same wheel as mine and have the same problem and everytime he plug in the wheel to play the game he needs to install the Logitech drivers again.