Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:
    I have a Logitech G920, have everything on 100% and changed nothing as for me FFB has improved massively over Dirt Rally, where it took me quite a time to get a right feeling...
    Go to your logitech profiler and set the forces from 100 to 125% and try it, maybe finetune afterwards...
    I tryed 125% on Logitech profiler and the FFB didn't felt natural. In game i have everything at 100%

How does it feel unnatural? Is it too twitchy / too soft etc?
    I only tryed 125% on logitech profiler. I didn't touch nothing else in-game. But it feels very strong the FFB. The wheel shake too much.
    It helps for wheel shaking to drop Steering Align Torque aka. SAT to 40-80 and put 25-50% of Centering spring from profiler.
    Profiler overall effect in is best about 100-110 % (gets rid of dead center) but you can use anything below if you want less shakiness & lighter wheel
    Usually if you have Profiler Centering spring & SAT at the same value (try 50%) it works quite nicely without shakiness

More centering spring you have more dampened FFB feels. The rule with DFGT is to have some centering spring with wheel weight & tyre friction. Then also have low enough SAT that it isn't too twitchy

I'm gonna try now your settings. I will say something. Thanks.
    @TuliRally your settings are not working for me. The wheel stays very heavy to turn. My brother have the same wheel as mine and have the same problem and everytime he plug in the wheel to play the game he needs to install the Logitech drivers again.
    Lets continue this in DFGT thread if its okay for you? Of course there might be also a bug or some other problem here that Devs need to know.

If it helps i also don't think that DiRT 4 FFB feels good with DFGT, atleast compared to other games. I think the problem is more in how DFGT have been built vs. Other wheels

Try this
    SAT to 50% 
    Wheel friction 100 % (if too light up towards 140)
    Tyre friction 100%
    Everything else in-game 100%
    Center spring from profiler to 8-25%
    Overall effects 100% 
    If it feels generally good but too light up the Overall effects towards 110%
    If too heavy tey lowering.
    If there any other weird behaviour compared to DR?

• MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:
    I have a Logitech G920, have everything on 100% and changed nothing as for me FFB has improved massively over Dirt Rally, where it took me quite a time to get a right feeling...
    Go to your logitech profiler and set the forces from 100 to 125% and try it, maybe finetune afterwards...
    I tryed 125% on Logitech profiler and the FFB didn't felt natural. In game i have everything at 100%

I only tryed 125% on logitech profiler. I didn't touch nothing else in-game. But it feels very strong the FFB. The wheel shake too much.
    It helps for wheel shaking to drop Steering Align Torque aka. SAT to 40-80 and put 25-50% of Centering spring from profiler.
    Profiler overall effect in is best about 100-110 % (gets rid of dead center) but you can use anything below if you want less shakiness & lighter wheel
    Usually if you have Profiler Centering spring & SAT at the same value (try 50%) it works quite nicely without shakiness

More centering spring you have more dampened FFB feels. The rule with DFGT is to have some centering spring with wheel weight & tyre friction. Then also have low enough SAT that it isn't too twitchy

@TuliRally your settings are not working for me. The wheel stays very heavy to turn. My brother have the same wheel as mine and have the same problem and everytime he plug in the wheel to play the game he needs to install the Logitech drivers again.
    Lets continue this in DFGT thread if its okay for you? Of course there might be also a bug or some other problem here that Devs need to know.

If it helps i also don't think that DiRT 4 FFB feels good with DFGT, atleast compared to other games. I think the problem is more in how DFGT have been built vs. Other wheels

Try this
    SAT to 50% 
    Tyre friction 100%
    Overall effects 100% 

Yep... no problem for me.
    I know that are other people whit the same problem that me regardind to weak FFB or lack of it.
    With your settings i need to low the SAT to 30% to make the turns
  • TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    TuliRally said:
    LutzM said:

Try this
    SAT to 50% 
    Tyre friction 100%
    Overall effects 100% 

Yep... no problem for me.
    I know that are other people whit the same problem that me regardind to weak FFB or lack of it.
    With your settings i need to low the SAT to 30% to make the turns
    If it still countersteers it should be "Okay"
  • gourmishgourmish Member New Car Smell
    Thank you, I had to give up the monthly because you replace the xml file I changed to make my wheel work properly.
    "- Added the ability to configure unsupported devices."
    Haha, all you have done is deleting the work we made to use our unsupported devices...
  • Quiksilver3dQuiksilver3d Member New Car Smell
    Competitive online section completly fails for me atm.. i get kicked out of the game each time.
    i have send you some auto reports about it .
    at the start of the patch update i had no problems at all.
    in the meantime i played a bit of joyride and got myself an achievment.

• LibranRabbitLibranRabbit Member New Car Smell
    Hydraulic Handbrake DSD 12bit ES controller still rolls menu. I disconnected and tried to add but still rolls menu select screen. Can you please explain how to add as you state in your update you have fixed adding non supported peripherals. It works fine in Dirt Rally and all other racing sims.
  • TeksWillerTeksWiller Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for update!:) I have a bug that switches my camera position from dashcam to cockpit cam after restarting event. It also does it sometimes when I'm starting driving after game is crashed or forced to quit manually. I have "only incar cameras enabled" from difficulty settings. If I disable that option, bug never occurs.
    i5 6400 3,2ghz, 8gb DDR3 2400mhz, gtx960 OC, Logitech g25 Wheel 900 degrees.
  • JLUOJLUO Member New Car Smell
    Competitive and Freeplay not working for me. The game crashes.
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    Oooh boy. Did the Historic Intercontinental Rally, supposedly unlocked a new engineer, D class, but i am so highly leveled i can't hire D class engineers anymore, poor Mr. Fontaine. :D
    FX-8350 4.5, 16GB, RX480 8GB Red Devil
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (waiting for the next big thing)
    #Latvia
    PC:
    The bug in Hell Norway is still there.
    You miss the entrance! The joker didn't count! You have to take it again!
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    UPDATE: v1.061 released today, which addresses the frequently occurring crash you guys have pointed out to us. Thanks for your feedback, and please keep it coming.
    @ChristinaMc
    When are you going to release an update with improved FFB? With Dirt Rally works like a charm.
    My wheell PC: Logitech Driving Force GT
    Thanks.
  • jayblue99jayblue99 Member New Car Smell
    UPDATE: v1.061 released today, which addresses the frequently occurring crash you guys have pointed out to us. Thanks for your feedback, and please keep it coming.
    While I sympathize with the people who had issues with the v1.06 patch I am frustrated that once I have to wait 45 minutes for the game to unpack, install and repack all the game files for what must be a relatively minor fix. This new way of installing patches really make little sense to me, every other game in my Steam library would have a 500mb patch done in around 20 seconds...
    Protour still keeps on crashin' like before v1.601
    Community events works.
    edited July 2017
    Only a small problem...
    at the menu, in between races, when you tuned your vehicle and saved your setup.
    When you rename this saved setup the function to view  and turn around your car to check damage in the service area should be disabled so you only can type text.
    Also when you overwrite a setup it should keep the same name first as the setup before(like it did in dirt rally)
    PC:
    I was doing right now Pro-Tour event and the game freezed. It was the first time that happened to me.
  • DreidelDreidel Member New Car Smell
    Guess I'll post this here too. I finished the H2 weekly yesterday (start to finish) and got some weird overall time. I should be in the top but am in bottom. See screenshot.
    PC:
    I played the freeplay mode and i didn't see any car crashed on the road. Did you take out that from the game?
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    PC:
    I played the freeplay mode and i didn't see any car crashed on the road. Did you take out that from the game?
    It's random. Do you seriously expect every freeplay stage to have a car stranded by the side of the road?
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
    PC:
    It's random. Do you seriously expect every freeplay stage to have a car stranded by the side of the road?
    Ahhh... Ok! Is that i do freeplay a lot of time and i don't see it for so long.