Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT V1.06 [PC only] - found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• wizzer111wizzer111 Member New Car Smell
    please turn traction control off and then this will be a game
  • Quiksilver3dQuiksilver3d Member New Car Smell
    Online works perfect for me now :o ...now fingers crossed it stays that way  ..good work Codemasters .
    Now get us all the crazy stuff you are keeping behind  :p :p :p
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    Use DSD controllers cause constant menu scrolling in D4; these controllers are pretty common among Sim-racers with advanced gear in the form of hand-brakes / button boxes / load-cell brake conversions, etc. so they really need to be supported please.

Thank you.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 2017
    Slowish said:
    Use DSD controllers cause constant menu scrolling in D4; these controllers are pretty common among Sim-racers with advanced gear in the form of hand-brakes / button boxes / load-cell brake conversions, etc. so they really need to be supported please.

Thank you.
    I feel like this problem could be fixed fairly easily by having the game only use the keyboard for menu input by default. I have the same problem in some indie games where they see my pedals as a normal axis, so constantly scroll the menus unless keep the pedal pressed halfway.

edit: this is on PC, obviously, but the same could apply to Xbox/PS4, just using a standard controller for menu navigation I guess.
  • MalyngoMalyngo Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 2017
    Edit: Ah damn, totally wrong thread where I am answering, sorry.

• Quiksilver3dQuiksilver3d Member New Car Smell
    cheater active in pro tour atm.
    he finished behind me in 3rd spot..
    Standing changed directly afterwards in this time about 30 sec faster.
    he also didnt get shown in leaderboard
    but somehow he still stole the points of my first spot i had cause i got silver and finshed second
    http://imgur.com/SjB1RSs
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited August 2017
    cheater active in pro tour atm.
    he finished behind me in 3rd spot..
    Standing changed directly afterwards in this time about 30 sec faster.
    he also didnt get shown in leaderboard
    but somehow he still stole the points of my first spot i had cause i got silver and finshed second
    http://imgur.com/SjB1RSs
    That's odd, Darren already banned that fellow...

@Hatward what is this sorcery?
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • kobeshowkobeshow Member Wheel Nut
    Maybe it was just a ban from the leaderboards, since Codies have more control over them now?
    Apparently the little weasels have figured out how to cheat their way up the ranks now, great.
  • SeventhWaveSeventhWave Member New Car Smell
    How to set deadzones of "look right/left" input? I'm using xbox360 controller but right stick is degraded and center point is deviating that causes camera always looking diagonally in front. So I want to increase deadzones.
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    Hm, a bug i didnt notice earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/4BB3lYf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hO9hyYq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9LQKvw9.jpg

I can't choose my body repair level.. ? Either a bug or a side effect of having good engineers, i don't know.
    FX-9590 4.8ghz, 16GB, R9 Fury Nitro
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (waiting for the 2.0 thing)
    #Latvia
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    PC:
    What have you done with the last updates that Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 won't save my preferences???? And also when i started Dirt Rally, when i was playing a stage, it freezed the game and i had to reset the PC several times to bring back Windows 10 back to life! Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.
    I already posted a solution for this. You even acknowledged it.

Go into device manager, find your wheel, press properties or whatever it is you have to do to see the controller input window. Poke around on the pedals and turn the wheel a little to "wake it up". Now it works in all other games.

I know, one shouldn't have to do this - but it's quicker than restarting the PC.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
    Another thing: When i leave playing Dirt 4 and start Dirt Rally or other car game, my wheel don't work. I need to restart my PC to play it. Please solve that! Thanks.
    I already posted a solution for this. You even acknowledged it.

Go into device manager, find your wheel, press properties or whatever it is you have to do to see the controller input window. Poke around on the pedals and turn the wheel a little to "wake it up". Now it works in all other games.

I know, one shouldn't have to do this - but it's quicker than restarting the PC.
    I know that and i do that, but i want Codemasters to solve that problem. Thanks again :)
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    Just had a weird one. Tried to do the daily 1 event, but it just kept loading for ages and I had to kill the game and got a DNF. No problems with the game or racenet before or after.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• MalyngoMalyngo Member Wheel Nut
    PC:
    What have you done with the last updates that Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 won't save my preferences???? And also when i started Dirt Rally, when i was playing a stage, it freezed the game and i had to reset the PC several times to bring back Windows 10 back to life
    Wasn't the last update to Dirt Rally quite some time ago? So if there is a suddenly problem with preferences not saving in Dirt Rally, could that be a problem on your computer? Maybe your hard drive is dying or something?
    Malyngo said:
    PC:
    What have you done with the last updates that Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 won't save my preferences???? And also when i started Dirt Rally, when i was playing a stage, it freezed the game and i had to reset the PC several times to bring back Windows 10 back to life
    Wasn't the last update to Dirt Rally quite some time ago? So if there is a suddenly problem with preferences not saving in Dirt Rally, could that be a problem on your computer? Maybe your hard drive is dying or something?
    I don't think so. It was working great till now. With the other games that don't happen. It's just with Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    inside cars on replays could you please make it brighter ? many cars inside are very dark compared to the light outside.yes it should be darker but not to the extent of some are.
  • Ak1504Ak1504 Member Unleaded
    What about this cockpit cam position bug in replay which happens since day 1 and it is still not fixed ? -.-

i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | 16 GB G.Skill Ares 2400 | Fanatec CSR + CSR Elite Pedals
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Lancia Integrale has NO tailllight and headlight covers. 100% transparent bug.

I know they are exist and graphically perfectly modeled in the PSSG files, but visually they are missing since the first release from Dirt 4

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

PC:
    Why i have low light at service park? It's hardly to see the car.