Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Get your motors running, it's the first gameplay trailer of F1 2017!

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
This was originally up here: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/get-your-motors-running-with-our-brand-new-gameplay-trailer-for-f1-2017/  :)

As the launch of F1™ 2017 gets closer and closer (less than a month to go now!), we’ve released a gameplay trailer that shows how the game spans the history of the sport and also highlights several new features, which we’re sure the eagle-eyed of you will spot. 

 F1 2017 releases onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on August 25th and the new gameplay trailer can be viewed on our official YouTube channel: youtube.com/formula1game, or you can also check it out below:


You’ll notice that in the trailer shows our multi-class classic races, and, if we’re honest, racing cars like the 2006 Renault R26 and the 2008 McLaren MP4-23 at the same time gives us the tingles. As well as showing the thrilling cars of the 2017 season, and nostalgic cars, the eagle-eyed of you (of which we know there are an awful lot of you!) will notice shots of Monaco at night in the trailer, and we’re very pleased to announce that you’ll be able to race the iconic street circuit in Monaco at night for the first time in the series. 

Of course, we couldn’t let this all go by without chatting to Creative Director, Lee Mather: “We know our fans have loved seeing the classic cars being revealed in the recent weeks, but we know they also want to see the new cars in action as well. The 2017 cars present their own unique challenge as they are incredibly fast but wider and heavier than before, therefore we have had to completely rework the physics system to refine the balance between aerodynamics and tyre grip. Lee continued: “Taking on Monaco is always a test of your skills and now we have added the ability to take to these iconic streets at night in both modern day and classic F1 cars. We think our fans are going to love it.” In addition to the 20 official circuits from the current season, and Monaco at night, players can also take on four brand new short circuits at Britain, Bahrain, USA and a soon to be announced track. 

F1 2017 not only allows you to drive the latest cars on the grid but also gives you access to 12* iconic classics, though if you need a reminder of what they are, they’re here:
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4*
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4-23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6
*If you pre-order or purchase ‘Day One’ copies of F1 2017 will have exclusive access to the iconic 1988 McLaren MP4/4, as part of the ‘F1 2017 Special Edition’, though the McLaren MP4/4 car will be available to be purchased at a later date. The eleven other classic cars are available in all editions of the game. You can pre-order F1 2017 here:  Make sure you keep it here on our blog, and on our Twitter and Facebook for all of the latest  news, Youtube for video content, and visit the product website for additional information. We’ll be releasing more details very soon!  
«1345

Comments

  • Tomi1997Tomi1997 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Love the trailer. Well done guys. Is there anything you can do about the height of the front wings? They seem abit too high??

    none the less great trailer 
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Pit Crew
    I like the trailer, looking forward to hearing more about new features!
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    stuniiiing stunniinnng graphicsssss wooowww woowww
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    the drivers graphics helmet and the t-cam are incredibly realistic! i almost be confused with the real one and it seems there is "parade lap"...but and i think its a formality to make the car lower the height is not correct the front wing so muchhh higher ! and of course the helmet od lewis hamilton is still white while its a hot yellow in reality! @jennyannem
  • cassitocassito Member New Car Smell
    edited July 27
    This time will we got some Expansion or DLC? Formula 2?

    I like this part: "...players can also take on four brand new short circuits at Britain, Bahrain, USA and a soon to be announced track."
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Pit Crew
    Graphics look great a huge jump but I assume its maxed out pc or xbox x graphics rather than xbox onecand ps4
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    Love these "Born to Be Wild" references in the titles ;) great trailer!
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    Wow! Incredible, Codemasters ended up revealing which will be the 2017 champion at the end of the trailer.
  • PrinceVlad1888PrinceVlad1888 Member Unleaded
    edited July 28
    Once again....Too much emphasis on the classic content! 
    Why...? Why do you keep focusing on the useless classics?

    @jennyannem - Still not sold about this...

    And Monaco at night??? - Now you're picking at flies! 
    Post edited by PrinceVlad1888 on
    'I am the last of my kind...'
  • clintographerclintographer Member New Car Smell
    Looks great but please enable a drivers POV that looks to the apex rather than just having a massive wide. 
  • Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    huge disappointment, barrier damage so basic. nothing new but night in Monaco and the classics... no show of car damage, red flags, cranes, safety car starts, no debri clearing... basic game.

    4k 60 fps nothing to say wow about. first consider how new 4k is, then consider those still who own original consoles that wont do 4k. then consider. how many will spend money on a scorpio or ps4... but that's. not the end then you need a fairly good 4k tv with a reasonable refresh rate. no use in buying a console with 4k if you plan on going for a cheap knock off tv. easy looking at around 4 grand... then there is the hardcore guys such as myself... wheel, f1 rim add on, a f1 seat... it adds up. so when i say nothing to say wow about is because the average person still in 1080p wont see 4k f1 in a while.
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited July 27
    Eddy567 said:
    huge disappointment, barrier damage so basic. nothing new but night in Monaco and the classics... no show of car damage, red flags, cranes, safety car starts, no debri clearing... basic game.

    4k 60 fps nothing to say wow about. first consider how new 4k is, then consider those still who own original consoles that wont do 4k. then consider. how many will spend money on a scorpio or ps4... but that's. not the end then you need a fairly good 4k tv with a reasonable refresh rate. no use in buying a console with 4k if you plan on going for a cheap knock off tv. easy looking at around 4 grand... then there is the hardcore guys such as myself... wheel, f1 rim add on, a f1 seat... it adds up. so when i say nothing to say wow about is because the average person still in 1080p wont see 4k f1 in a while.

    Looks great but please enable a drivers POV that looks to the apex rather than just having a massive wide. 
    Did you see the part where the red bull look at the apex or did you just say that before looking at the trailer

    Two words : Be grateful 

    "I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

    #KeepFightingMicheal

  • Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    Dboyking1 said:
    Eddy567 said:
    huge disappointment, barrier damage so basic. nothing new but night in Monaco and the classics... no show of car damage, red flags, cranes, safety car starts, no debri clearing... basic game.

    4k 60 fps nothing to say wow about. first consider how new 4k is, then consider those still who own original consoles that wont do 4k. then consider. how many will spend money on a scorpio or ps4... but that's. not the end then you need a fairly good 4k tv with a reasonable refresh rate. no use in buying a console with 4k if you plan on going for a cheap knock off tv. easy looking at around 4 grand... then there is the hardcore guys such as myself... wheel, f1 rim add on, a f1 seat... it adds up. so when i say nothing to say wow about is because the average person still in 1080p wont see 4k f1 in a while.

    Looks great but please enable a drivers POV that looks to the apex rather than just having a massive wide. 
    Did you see the part where the red bull look at the apex or did you just say that before looking at the trailer

    Two words : Be grateful 
    4 words; i dont reward lazyness.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    To be fair (about Looking to Apex), cockpit cam has this feature this year. (To be more technical, it's limited to maximum 15 degrees.)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    I have a question: Better graphics only for those who have PS4 pro? I don't hope so!
    Other games make better graphics for regular consoles...look at project cars for instance.
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Eddy567 said:
    Dboyking1 said:
    Eddy567 said:
    huge disappointment, barrier damage so basic. nothing new but night in Monaco and the classics... no show of car damage, red flags, cranes, safety car starts, no debri clearing... basic game.

    4k 60 fps nothing to say wow about. first consider how new 4k is, then consider those still who own original consoles that wont do 4k. then consider. how many will spend money on a scorpio or ps4... but that's. not the end then you need a fairly good 4k tv with a reasonable refresh rate. no use in buying a console with 4k if you plan on going for a cheap knock off tv. easy looking at around 4 grand... then there is the hardcore guys such as myself... wheel, f1 rim add on, a f1 seat... it adds up. so when i say nothing to say wow about is because the average person still in 1080p wont see 4k f1 in a while.

    Looks great but please enable a drivers POV that looks to the apex rather than just having a massive wide. 
    Did you see the part where the red bull look at the apex or did you just say that before looking at the trailer

    Two words : Be grateful 
    4 words; i dont reward lazyness.
    Now dude if you had any logical memory of Codies marketing with 2016 you would know what they do with the trailers. Gameplay trailer, then features trailer so in so fourth, you just need a little patience. It's an essential part of life.

    "I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

    #KeepFightingMicheal

  • Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    ffigueir said:
    I have a question: Better graphics only for those who have PS4 pro? I don't hope so!
    Other games make better graphics for regular consoles...look at project cars for instance.
    no way in hell the regular consoles can do 4k.... my best bet for those with old consoles will be 900p upscaled output to 1080p.  all i have to say is goodbye image quality.  
  • Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    Dboyking1 said:
    Eddy567 said:
    Dboyking1 said:
    Eddy567 said:
    huge disappointment, barrier damage so basic. nothing new but night in Monaco and the classics... no show of car damage, red flags, cranes, safety car starts, no debri clearing... basic game.

    4k 60 fps nothing to say wow about. first consider how new 4k is, then consider those still who own original consoles that wont do 4k. then consider. how many will spend money on a scorpio or ps4... but that's. not the end then you need a fairly good 4k tv with a reasonable refresh rate. no use in buying a console with 4k if you plan on going for a cheap knock off tv. easy looking at around 4 grand... then there is the hardcore guys such as myself... wheel, f1 rim add on, a f1 seat... it adds up. so when i say nothing to say wow about is because the average person still in 1080p wont see 4k f1 in a while.

    Looks great but please enable a drivers POV that looks to the apex rather than just having a massive wide. 
    Did you see the part where the red bull look at the apex or did you just say that before looking at the trailer

    Two words : Be grateful 
    4 words; i dont reward lazyness.
    Now dude if you had any logical memory of Codies marketing with 2016 you would know what they do with the trailers. Gameplay trailer, then features trailer so in so fourth, you just need a little patience. It's an essential part of life.

    not when i have so much invested.... as a hardcore racer i invested a lot of cash in racing related hardware. When you are counting on Codemasters as the exclusive rights holders to a popular motorsport you expect more...how you conduct business and communication with the community in general is also essential in life to have a good relationship with the customers... people want to know what they are spending their hard earned cash in.... unless they have zero concept in having to earn it or its value...after it is all said and done it is thanks to us they get to go on fancy vacations, also just because they have done in the past does not make it right. 
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.