Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Hungarian Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
CROFTY JUST READ OUT MY TWEET BOYS!

NO SILLY THREAD THIS TIME.
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Missed the start, what did the tweet say?
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    'If Wehrlein is forced out of Sauber by Leclerc or Gio, could he replace Massa at Williams? Mercedes tie-up could work out.'

He basically said it won't happen because of Martini, who require one of their drivers to be 25(?) or something.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Are there places where you can't drink if you're under 25 or something?
    I don't think there are, I would've thought the maximum would be 21? In which case, Wehrlein would be fine to drive.

I just hope Crofty's wrong and Wehrlein can go to Williams. It looks very likely he will be pushed out of Sauber with the new Ferrari deal, so it makes sense for him to replace Massa, with the Mercedes engine partnership.

I guess the only other opportunity is Force India, but that's only if Perez goes to Ferrari, which at the moment is very touch and go.
    MBKF1 said:
    'If Wehrlein is forced out of Sauber by Leclerc or Gio, could he replace Massa at Williams? Mercedes tie-up could work out.'

He basically said it won't happen because of Martini, who require one of their drivers to be 25(?) or something.
    If only his last name was Bond, his age wouldn't matter then. I like your idea though.
    And not to mention that Force India really doesn't like Wehrlein.

I'd laugh if Perez goes to Ferrari though. He started off as a Ferrari Academy Driver, being its first graduate to Formula One, then he left the Academy in order to join McLaren out of all teams, only to get kicked out after a year and rediscover himself at Force India, which, over the years, has started to look more and more like a Mercedes-B outfit, especially with the pink-livery they share with the DTM-factory team, only to leave that team and join Ferrari after all, therefore becoming the first (former) Academy-driver to actually drive for the Scuderia. It would cap off an amazing journey.
    Well that's the end for Palmer then, well it probably was already but yea..... He obviously has talent as he's a GP2 champion, but its been a disaster for him.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Jiggy said:

I'd laugh if Perez goes to Ferrari though. He started off as a Ferrari Academy Driver, being its first graduate to Formula One, then he left the Academy in order to join McLaren out of all teams, only to get kicked out after a year and rediscover himself at Force India, which, over the years, has started to look more and more like a Mercedes-B outfit, especially with the pink-livery they share with the DTM-factory team, only to leave that team and join Ferrari after all, therefore becoming the first (former) Academy-driver to actually drive for the Scuderia. It would cap off an amazing journey.
    Thought he went to Sauber then to McLaren?
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Yes he did.

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    edited July 29
    So much for the rest of the season being a Mercedes domination-borefest. You bunch of pansies.

edited July 29
    So Di Resta is probably going to drive the Williams, if he beats Lance that will be embarrassing.

Edit: It's now official, looking forward to this.
    Paul's got nothing to lose, if he doesn't beat Stroll it's not a problem, he's never driven the car before. If he beats him then he makes Stroll look terrible. Win win! 
    edited July 29
    He certainly has more talent than some on the grid, so it's nice to see him get a chance, albeit for 1 race. It's shame this didn't happen at the last race (not that I wish Massa ill) but at the British GP it would have been even more special.
    Jiggy said:

Thought he went to Sauber then to McLaren?
    He did. He was still a Ferrari Academy-driver while at Sauber, it was one of the reasons he got that seat at the time. He stepped out of the academy (and Sauber) in order to jump to McLaren.
    So much for the rest of the season being a Mercedes domination-borefest. You bunch of pansies.
    If Hamilton grabs the pole and the win, I'll need you to state that I'm not going to win the lottery to get that reverse psychology-magic.
    Ferrari really are out of this championship fight aren't they, very doom and gloom....

(so much for that lottery win but) FERRARI ONE-TWO UNREAL

That one dude with the flare completely lost his **** lool
    That one Max-kid. Sigh. Too young. Too innocent to be aware that Q1 and Q2 are there to break hearts.
    edited July 29
    If Honda could get their **** together McLaren would have a car that could challenge the leaders, they looked great in the corners. 

Nice touch from Sky to play a Linkin Park song.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    One of their very few half-decent ones too.