Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Offline mode needed severely

I got this game due to playing the Mega drive version back in my youth and with two young kids now, I saw this and I wanted a fun game that we can all enjoy and they do love it but it is lacking a decent offline mode severely.
Offline 4 player actual race with split screen, Championship Mode, Time Trial Mode and Classic Mode is all it really needs to add some meat to this version which should have been coded from the start.
I just want to sit on my sofa with my kids and just have fun racing around. I do not want to have to go online just to ignore them sitting next to me.
Please say you are going to bring back what Micro Machines is all about? Pretty please :)

Comments

• AnnoyedAnnoyed Member New Car Smell
    I second this. This game is being sold as an impulse buy. It has nostalgia value for people of a certain age and would appeal to families. There's nothing on the packaging to say you can't race against up to 4 plays locally. I just says "1-4 players".

I feel that Codemasters are trying to con people into buying this game. We can't get a refund and will never play the game unless they add multi-player racing. This game is just a waste of money.
  • Kapnobatai81Kapnobatai81 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 29
    Annoyed said:
    I second this. This game is being sold as an impulse buy. It has nostalgia value for people of a certain age and would appeal to families. There's nothing on the packaging to say you can't race against up to 4 plays locally. I just says "1-4 players".

I feel that Codemasters are trying to con people into buying this game. We can't get a refund and will never play the game unless they add multi-player racing. This game is just a waste of money.
    You certainly can play up to 4 players locally, but only elimination and battle. You just can't have a Race locally, for obvious reasons (you would need split - quad screen)... But I'm sure you could get a refund if you're not happy.