Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can't start playing F1 Race Stars

ibarabaibaraba Member New Car Smell
Hi!

I just bought F1 Race Stars via Steam. I installed the game on my PC and wanted to start playing it but when I go into the menu, I am using an Xbox controller, and click Play, it tries to connect to a Racenet account and then kicks me back into the main menu instead of starting a race. What do I need to do in order to be able to play this game? 

Please help. 

Comments

• ibarabaibaraba Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2017
    I just found the secton where I give Codemasters permission to connect to my Steam account. I thought this was the solution but same thing: once I press PLAY it checks if I have some Racenet account and then it kicks me back to the main menu. 

How do I start playing the game? Please help!
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    Create a racenet account?
    • Body is 15 characters too short.

Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    It's one of those "You're probably better off" situations, but yeah, get a Racenet account up. I think I needed one for play GRID AS so it seems a logical step to take. 

Plus it's unlikely you will get an answer from anyone other than the community. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • LHFLHF Member New Car Smell
    hi, im playing f1 race stars in time trial, when i win gold, i want send my time to racenet but an error said me:
    error to send the lap. No connection whit racenet.
    why? thx