Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Some gameplay videos

Your welcome :)

Comments

• Dimitris85Dimitris85 Member Unleaded

All my passion is to ride....

PC Specs:r5 1600x,Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB,16gb Ram,240gb ssd,xbox 360+xbox one pad

• Cap10Cap10 Member Wheel Nut
    steering wheel looks small should be a little wider.
    again what is wrong with them they can't get the scaling properly done for some reason. other steering wheels like sauber, toro rosso, tyres too wide.

• R9NALD09R9NALD09 Member Unleaded
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:
    again what is wrong with them they can't get the scaling properly done for some reason. other steering wheels like sauber, toro rosso, tyres too wide.

and here we go again......people who only are negative on some little details!
    Do you want a good F1 game or a great one?  Well I want a great one and I can't think of any great game whether it is GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear, Uncharted or what that didn't have insane good attention to detail.
  • Bakimaster91Bakimaster91 Member New Car Smell
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

Do you want a good F1 game or a great one?  Well I want a great one and I can't think of any great game whether it is GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear, Uncharted or what that didn't have insane good attention to detail.
    That is very true - additionally the MP4-23 cockpit lacks a lot of detail inside...
  • mikyesposto95mikyesposto95 Member New Car Smell
    Even vettel gloves have to be fixed (black and not red).
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Unleaded
    I agree regarding the scale of the interior wheels. I've not played a codemasters game where they are all to scale as seen in real life photos, or on tv. It's a shame as I feel this is a fundamental early on in modelling the cars that is seen, and just approved, but shouldn't be. 
  • BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

All of the games you mentioned are fictional so whatever they do it can't look wrong because everything is made up. So what insane good attention to detail are you talking about. The steering wheels of the cars in GTA are exact the same like their non-existent real life counterparts? The mountains in Uncharted look the same as their non-existent real life counterparts?
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

All of the games you mentioned are fictional so whatever they do it can't look wrong because everything is made up. So what insane good attention to detail are you talking about. The steering wheels of the cars in GTA are exact the same like their non-existent real life counterparts? The mountains in Uncharted look the same as their non-existent real life counterparts?
    You just don't get it do you...attention to detail means getting the small things right regardless if it is a fictional game or simulator.
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    You just don't get it do you...attention to detail means getting the small things right regardless if it is a fictional game or simulator.
    there it is again, the F1 game is NOT a simulator. No-one (even CM) is talking about a simulator game......if you want a simulator go and buy iracing/rfactor.
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Unleaded
    larryl said:
    there it is again, the F1 game is NOT a simulator. No-one (even CM) is talking about a simulator game......if you want a simulator go and buy iracing/rfactor.
    Splitting hairs, but he didn't say it was.  :D

Accurately reflecting models of real life objects to reflect their real life counterparts accurately gives a polish to the game and makes it better quality. Also the attention to detail comment is being really misread people...
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Unleaded
    edited August 3
    Physics and handling first, bugs second, sound third, career mode fourth...an infinite number of other things next and a very very distant last would worry I about the steering wheel being too wide or Vettel having the wrong colour gloves. Honestly...
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives
  • Dimitris85Dimitris85 Member Unleaded
    Physics and handling first, bugs second, sound third, career mode fourth...an infinite number of other things next and a very very distant last I would worry about the steering wheel being too wide or Vettel having the wrong colour gloves. Honestly...
    For me physics and handling+career mode they have a top priority,sound 2nd,bugs 3rd and after the rest....

All my passion is to ride....

PC Specs:r5 1600x,Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB,16gb Ram,240gb ssd,xbox 360+xbox one pad

• Dan723Dan723 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 3
    I do agree with regards to getting the small details correct, 

what's the deal with the green gloves driving the MP4-23, looks stupid IMO, why not just black.
  • Cap10Cap10 Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 4
    visual fidelity is still important never said it was more important then everything els...
    they did replicate the steering wheel as per the real life cars it just odd that they seem to mess up the scaling on so many things. was just pointing it out so they are aware this is not right incase they think it is witch it seem like the case. 
    Post edited by Cap10 on
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    larryl said:
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

I will choose a great game on features and gameplay over a few details. Of course its nice if all is perfect but the one mistake lots and lots of ppl here are making is that F1-2017 is a F1 racing game and NOT a simulator.

Lee has said there will be a day one patch with a lot of cosmetical changes, maybe there in it. I personal prefer to have a great game with less bugs and glitches then a 100% acurate wheel or slightly different gloves......
    Indeed as would I especially after what happened with Mass Effect Andromeda's launch in March. As MEA was in a complete buggy mess when it launched although I'm glad to say it's in a much better condition now it's been patched but it doesn't take away what a few bugs can do to a game and people's impression of it if they're not sorted before a game launches.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    edited August 3
    R9NALD09 said:
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

It's you that doesn't get it. If you compare with games where everything you see is fictional than it's you that is missing the attention to detail. It's easy to say that GTA V has lots of attention to detail but have you ever been to LA? I miss a lot of details in GTA V. So why you compare such games with F1 is something that I indeed don't get. If you would give a game like GTA V the same scrutiny as you give F1 2017 you would be calling GTA V a terrible game. The cars physics are ****, they don't drive like real cars but GTA V is fictional, so is Los Santos so you can't complain that Los Santos looks like LA but misses a lot of details and that is fine by me. I understand that details are very important for you but compare it then to games like Gran Turismo, Pcars, Forza, ... not with fictional games that have totally no counterparts in real life because that is just ridiculous if you gonna complain about how the steering wheel looks.

R9NALD09 said:
    R9NALD09 said:
    larryl said:
    Cap10 said:

It's you that doesn't get it. If you compare with games where everything you see is fictional than it's you that is missing the attention to detail. It's easy to say that GTA V has lots of attention to detail but have you ever been to LA? I miss a lot of details in GTA V. So why you compare such games with F1 is something that I indeed don't get. If you would give a game like GTA V the same scrutiny as you give F1 2017 you would be calling GTA V a terrible game. The cars physics are ****, they don't drive like real cars but GTA V is fictional, so is Los Santos so you can't complain that Los Santos looks like LA but misses a lot of details and that is fine by me. I understand that details are very important for you but compare it then to games like Gran Turismo, Pcars, Forza, ... not with fictional games that have totally no counterparts in real life because that is just ridiculous if you gonna complain about how the steering wheel looks.

No you don't get it...GTA doesn't aim to represent real LA to the T so so why is that important?  Small details you say?  How about how perfectly the atmosphere is crafted...the radio stations, neighborhoods, variety in landscapes, wildlife, the dialogue in GTA games alone can be mentioned how perfect it is.  The amount of civilians and how they interact with the real world...compared to other open world games nobody comes close to Rockstar...why is that?  Details buddy...details.

So you want sport games?  How about NBA 2K, or MLB The Show...similar to F1 games they aim to represent a real life sport as accurate as possible and do a far better job at getting the details correct.  Sure some players are off, sure some courts are off but then ask yourself this:

How many courts and players does a NBA or MLB game have to get right compared to the number of cars and tracks Codemasters get right and yet these games have much more and better attention to detail.