Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Check out the brand new Career Trailer for F1™ 2017

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

We’re very pleased to be able to show you our latest gameplay trailer for F1™ 2017, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. This one showcases the extensive Career Mode that makes it the most complete game in the franchise’s history. Make sure you check out the new trailer below, or on our official YouTube channel: youtube.com/formula1game.

F1 2017 has a massively expanded Career Mode that introduces invitational events at key points during the regular F1 season, where you will get to drive 12* classic F1 cars in a host of different events including overtake challenges, pursuit events, checkpoint, and time attack challenges. The classic cars are also playable in all other areas of the game, and can be raced as both single and multi-class – C1 and C2 – races. Eagle-eyed fans will notice a guest appearance of the multi-class racing in this trailer too, but you don’t take part in that form of racing within the actual career mode itself, but we wanted to show it off to people for sure.

To accompany the trailer we spoke to Creative Director Lee Mather, who told us: “The Career Mode was a big hit last year and we are building on those incredibly strong foundations to create an even deeper, more rounded experience for F1 2017. We have added female driver avatars, new paddock locations and a new character as well as greatly increasing the scope for developing your team and car. All of this, we feel, combined with the addition of the iconic classic cars this year, means that F1 2017 offers gamers the ultimate F1 experience yet.”

In addition to the invitational events, the Career Mode offers a huge amount of extra depth with 115 possible Research and Development upgrades (over 4 ½ times as many as in F1 2016 – check out our awesome “tech tree” 21 seconds into the trailer), new practice programmes to master, as well as increased importance being given to the management and reliability of your car’s engine and gearbox elements.

The Research and Development consists of four different categories that you’ll able to upgrade, Powertrain, Chassis, Aerodynamics and Durability, though you can go with the ‘Recommended Upgrade’ if this is something that you don’t want to think about too much.

You’ll also need to manage the six key components which each make up a modern F1 power unit, as well as work to develop team skills such as pit stop times, Research and Development speed and new part reliability.

As well as the 20 official circuits from the current season, we’ve also introduced four new shortened circuits at Britain, Bahrain, USA and Japan, while also allowing you to take on the iconic Monaco street circuit at night.

F1 2017 releases onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on August 25th and is the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Consumers who pre-order or purchase ‘Day One’ copies of F1 2017 will have access to the iconic 1988 McLaren MP4/4, as part of the ‘F1 2017 Special Edition.’ The McLaren MP4/4 car will be available to be purchased at a later date however. The eleven other classic cars are available in all editions of the game.

You can pre-order here:

Make sure you keep it here on the Codemasters F1 games blog and social channels on Twitter and Facebook for future news, Youtube for video content, and visit the product website for additional information or to pre-order the game. Further details will be released on the upcoming game soon.

f12017-keyart-landscape-global

*Consumers who pre-order or purchase ‘Day One’ copies of F1 2017 will have exclusive access to the iconic 1988 McLaren MP4/4, as part of the ‘F1 2017 Special Edition.’ Alternatively, the McLaren MP4/4 car will be available to be purchased at a later date. The eleven other classic cars are available in all editions of the game.

Comments

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    It looks awesome. Can't wait.                                                    

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• pe7rolh3adpe7rolh3ad Member New Car Smell
    Looks great hopefully should add some life to the career mode
  • peanutt2000peanutt2000 Member Wheel Nut
    Hope you can do all the practice programs and car upgrades in just a normal championship mode with a current driver but probably not as per usual....
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    yeah this game is starting to look better and better now

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• JClark1967JClark1967 Member New Car Smell
     Was a little worried a few weeks ago but now we finally have some decent information it's looking very good
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    This is the main reason I play f1 games. This just makes me crazy excited
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • cornerslicercornerslicer Member Unleaded
    I think it's time they give some kind of early version of the game for youtubers to show off. They did last year why not this year?
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    I think it's time they give some kind of early version of the game for youtubers to show off. They did last year why not this year?
    Didn't the YouTubers have to abide by the press embargo date before uploading any videos last year? If so, we're a while away from that yet.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Didn't the YouTubers have to abide by the press embargo date before uploading any videos last year? If so, we're a while away from that yet.
    yeah another ewek or so before that starts happening I think. Assuming they do do the same this year.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• heideldrumheideldrum Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    PC-Version Preordered! :-)
    29,99€ @ gameladen.com
    MSI GT62VR 7RE - GTX 1070   Logitech G29
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    This is the only game I've pre-ordered thus far and I'm sure it's going to be worth it.  Pre-ordered on Amazon in the US and got 20% due to Prime membership.  I can't wait to play this new game come 8/25!
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut
    This looks very good - had already pre-ordered - looking forward to the 25th
  • Alon78Alon78 Member Wheel Nut
    Funny how they show Alonso retiring with an engine problem :D :D :D :D
  • baconbrawlerbaconbrawler Member Unleaded
    Please have some sort of alonso radio if he retires due to reliability, please. I would even pay for that as dlc.
    The boy who lived after going through eau rouge with another player.
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 4
    Ok gonna have to clear my afternoon consultation slots for September so I can leave work at midday and play F1 2017! In fact I could just take a months leave hmm...
    Post edited by LightningFast90 on
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives

Hi, I am currently AWOL from the forums, I am engaged in field work within the Naracoorte cave complex in South Australia. I am working up to my neck in dirt and mud in a cave no higher than 1 metre and absolutely loving it...bones, bones, bones everywhere! Ahh the life of a Paleontologist, not at all glamorous but definitely interesting.
  • Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 4
    gimmicks, gimmick and more. barely exited. 115 upgrades.and Monaco at night only new features the rest just a tweaked 2016 version.lets hope this doesn't. mean 10 billion bugs that can't.or they wont fix. they barely brought a working BETA version to the live stream. Embarrassing job Codemasters.
  • Adamm520Adamm520 Member New Car Smell
    What needs to be done to F1 for a truly amazing gameplay experience is be able to talk to the engineer about the car when it's on track. Answer questions at a press conference yourself via a headset or whatever. Upload a picture of yourself to take the appearance of the driver in the car. Perform your own podium celebration via a selected option. Have problems in a race which cannot be undone for example puncture or blow out so you have to pit, gearbox issues and engine failure out of your control ( I don't mean limit flash backs) because this kind of stuff happens in real life slow pitstop from time to time to make the game feel like humans are are doing this on track. Be able to walk around the paddock to a certain extent. Have a medical car come on to track if there is a crash be called to the Stewart's office and present your argument yourself. Also they should include a GP 2 series so you can work your way into F1 if that is what you would like to do. Be able to to attend the league of champions and participate. Have the press on the grid as you walk or get pushed to the grid or you are standing there waiting for the formation lap and they try to interview you and you can either say yes or no. Walk around the teams HQ for example to go to the simulator to make you more appealing to other teams to scout you. If you have come from GP 2 then you should have to participate in a one off rookie training program which you can do again at any other team you join if you want. You should also be be able to be fired. You could also be allowed to go hunting for sponsorship but again you deliver why they should sponsor you with your own voice. Have the red bull young driver program if this was to be part of the game I guarantee F1 games would sell by the billions

What do you think?
  • Adamm520Adamm520 Member New Car Smell
    Adamm520 said:
    What needs to be done to F1 for a truly amazing gameplay experience is be able to talk to the engineer about the car when it's on track. Answer questions at a press conference yourself via a headset or whatever. Upload a picture of yourself to take the appearance of the driver in the car. Perform your own podium celebration via a selected option. Have problems in a race which cannot be undone for example puncture or blow out so you have to pit, gearbox issues and engine failure out of your control ( I don't mean limit flash backs) because this kind of stuff happens in real life slow pitstop from time to time to make the game feel like humans are are doing this on track. Be able to walk around the paddock to a certain extent. Have a medical car come on to track if there is a crash be called to the Stewart's office and present your argument yourself. Also they should include a GP 2 series so you can work your way into F1 if that is what you would like to do. Be able to to attend the league of champions and participate. Have the press on the grid as you walk or get pushed to the grid or you are standing there waiting for the formation lap and they try to interview you and you can either say yes or no. Walk around the teams HQ for example to go to the simulator to make you more appealing to other teams to scout you. If you have come from GP 2 then you should have to participate in a one off rookie training program which you can do again at any other team you join if you want. You should also be be able to be fired. You could also be allowed to go hunting for sponsorship but again you deliver why they should sponsor you with your own voice. Have the red bull young driver program if this was to be part of the game I guarantee F1 games would sell by the billions

What do you think?
    I forgot to put in also be able to hear other teams radio like in real life.
    For some entertainment while driving listen to alonso given out that he has a GP 2 engine.
  • Drew8711Drew8711 Member New Car Smell
    So when will we have any news on what's new for online multiplayer?