Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PS4 F1 2016 Career Save Missing

dougdude9dougdude9 Member New Car Smell
I was so excited tonight after taking about 2 weeks off from racing to get back into my career.  I turned on  the PS4 and it had a PS4 update.  I did the update, all went smooth, and then I fired up F1 2016.  Under Career, it didn't state the week I was in like normal.  Instead, it had the information about what a career is... like I haven't started a career.  Uh oh I thought.  I tried to pull down my latest profile from Playstation Plus as I have auto sync setup  I believe.  I told it to copy the online profile from a couple weeks ago to the system and then fired up the game again.  Same thing.  

My career is gone.  I want to cry!  What happened?!?!

I did not see any errors or notice anything weird the last time I played the game.  
Am I SOL?
Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• dougdude9dougdude9 Member New Car Smell
    Did a database rebuild in the ps4 safe mode menu.  Still have the same issue.  
    And to think I have the PS Plus for backups and the darn backup doesn't work either.  So frustrated.  Why would I buy 2017 if this is what I can expect.  
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    dougdude9 said:
    Did a database rebuild in the ps4 safe mode menu.  Still have the same issue.  
    And to think I have the PS Plus for backups and the darn backup doesn't work either.  So frustrated.  Why would I buy 2017 if this is what I can expect.  

Sounds like you're blaming CM for the PS upgrade breaking the game?

Never upgrade without a backup.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

Maybe it is a Sony problem.  As I found this... 
    https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/lost_my_saved_data-2Eal.html

I noticed before my upgrade, I did go into the game.  And I got some message about needing to be on the network for certain things of the game.  So I closed the game, then did the PS4 update, and then after the PS4 came up and I went into F1 2016, that is when I noticed the career gone.  

So it is almost like going into the game without the network active triggered something to lose the data.  

I only have 1 idea left... Uninstall/delete the game which from what I read won't delete any saved data.  Then reinstall the game and cross my fingers.  

I think I learned my lesson to make sure the network is always available and there are no updates for ps4 before opening a game.  
    BTW... I have backups through PS Plus... they are in the "cloud"... those just didn't work in this case... it is like the game won't read the data even though it is there.  
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.  Still no luck.  I don't understand how this could happen when I have psplus for backing up.  

Anyway, guess I will just wait for the new one to come out.  Might try it on PC.