Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

what teams is everyone choosing for career

pe7rolh3adpe7rolh3ad Member New Car Smell
im going for the challenge of mclaren

what teams is everyone choosing for career 160 votes

Mclaren
25%
BelgiumDudepulcomartblokeAngrypostmanWynterdustTunari89geminiSunriseDboyking1afcruleCOYGCLCYSpaniasGBPolesitterSASColferptank20FernandoVDMLiveriesTheBestffigueirmason1516LuismiNieto74IcemanrkCalio43 40 votes
Ferrari
4%
schoofDiRTKiNG808cfiore124YoRooXMiki3320dbl94JeremyTheSecond 7 votes
Red bull
3%
1512marcelcarpaJClark1967kwoonxEkKUxMrJamie 6 votes
Mercedes
1%
SiuKuenUjhelyi91SamuelKauppinen 3 votes
Torro rosso
10%
Ho3n3rRickPhotosphereTrux74Kimi12Stevie777DarkMarkXDSamReaNroberto28TrueRacerMicrandyy91kraM1tFinnSCStunnerHyperactiveDJ91aaroncampionRoundTheOutsideOverKILL1996 17 votes
Renault
20%
AMS97KRRAyrotonS296hammyfan123GPKingHalukbayjannygJamesGAEROViperUKDimitris85Worntoathreadgreenmind73ShouldBeTherehendrixXDrQelonbaconbrawlerCombatphilippesilentgrproSamzageeLiverpoolrule19philappleraily 33 votes
Sauber
15%
Chromaticwinnerofssdcsanderv1981coolieboySadlerBloozBoykipkluifvvviliMalarky94WestyylarrylV12Legendaryalex1994128Megaracer3thombrouwer90football90R9NALD09ApplePhysicsDavexHazeT0b1F1 24 votes
Haas
5%
Gianlu27Dez0808Falcon4equitisquartusinspiretheworldEdwardoAndrettiSeriouslyLewis44TheWinBaki2 9 votes
Williams
6%
sjsharp2010NickDahylikewiseCap10TuttiMattiSmTuNggReub09sebasdenbThePeeksCRGSoap 10 votes
Force india
6%
aaron685SmoothRacingVader1457Spinneyhaydn23MasterofF1Hushi123patronasChukikiStinchy9P3TR 11 votes

Comments

• IcemanrkIcemanrk Member Unleaded
    Mclaren
    I choose McLaren because it's my favourite team and it needs to be back to the front
    Hm... Yeah? Iceman rk 769 on Xbox One and Nickael on my You Tube but does anyone care? Oh well!
  • HyperactiveDJ91HyperactiveDJ91 Member Wheel Nut
    Torro rosso
    Toro Rosso allthough i'm also tempted to start with McLaren.
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    Mclaren
    McLaren, mostly for roleplaying purposes. :)
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives

Hi, I am currently AWOL from the forums, I am engaged in field work within the Naracoorte cave complex in South Australia. I am working up to my neck in dirt and mud in a cave no higher than 1 metre and absolutely loving it...bones, bones, bones everywhere! Ahh the life of a Paleontologist, not at all glamorous but definitely interesting.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    edited August 5
    Williams
    Williams for me but for the same reason as you really a spot of roleplaying as I have a story in mind that I want to see play out in the game

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Tunari89Tunari89 Member Unleaded
    Mclaren
    It will either be McLaren, Force India (just for the lulz, because the color scheme of their car) or Haas. Probably McLaren, as I don't want to start it off with high tier team.
  • Dimitris85Dimitris85 Member Unleaded
    edited August 5
    Renault
    This year i will pick Renault and i hope to bring again to the glory as he did my favorite driver Fernando Alonso.

All my passion is to ride....

PC Specs:r5 1600x,Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB,16gb Ram,240gb ssd,xbox 360+xbox one pad

• cornerslicercornerslicer Member Unleaded
    Mclaren
    Yeah McLaren. Slow car but it's not a handful to drive
  • BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    Mclaren
    I will turn McLaren in an all Belgian team. Alonso will have to retire and this will clearly be for the better as I and Stoffel will show the world McLaren can compete for the podium.  B)
  • SCStunnerSCStunner Member New Car Smell
    Torro rosso
    Quite difficult to choose this year because the midrunners pack is really close. Voted for Toro Rosso, but I might go for Renault and try to bring them a championship as well.
  • WestyyWestyy Member New Car Smell
    Sauber
    Going to work my way up the field, I'm also not going to improve the car too much only when I need to. I'm going to try keep it real as possible also my goal is to goto a mid field team next, like Force India where I'll probably do 2 seasons with then move to a top team. 
  • Dimitris85Dimitris85 Member Unleaded
    Renault
    All the teams has at least 1 vote expected Mercedes amazing....
    Dethrone the Mercedes guys hahaha

All my passion is to ride....

PC Specs:r5 1600x,Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB,16gb Ram,240gb ssd,xbox 360+xbox one pad

Mclaren
    All the teams has at least 1 vote expected Mercedes amazing....
    Dethrone the Mercedes guys hahaha
    We want a challenge. We don't want to win the championship with one hand tied to our backs  :p
  • pe7rolh3adpe7rolh3ad Member New Car Smell
    Mclaren
    Williams for me but for the same reason as you really a spot of roleplaying as I have a story in mind that I want to see play out in the game
    If it doesnt work out for me at mclaren i will make a try at turning williams around its just stroll or massa......
  • tccotcco Member New Car Smell
    Mclaren
    I enjoyed the car in 2016 and would love to rebuild the team. It's the best car at the bottom of the field. Would like to slowly work my way to RedBull. Last year it was only half the season I got promoted so I hope this year is a bit more realistic. 
    edited August 5
    Williams
    If it doesnt work out for me at mclaren i will make a try at turning williams around its just stroll or massa......

yeah I'm choosing Williams as I've had an idea which will kind of make the game into half RPG and half racing really.

I was going to roleplay as a female driver who kind of worked through the lower formula's and impressed a lot of people along the way by winning a few races and taking a couple of junior championships as well and during that time was spotted by Claire and her father who were also impressed so arranged to meet her. They met had a few laughs and enjoyed each other's company and so decided to offer Sara(as that's what I was going to call her) a chance to test herself in one of the Williams classic beauties she accepted and took the car for a spin around Silverstone where she again set some pretty impressive lap times. Which left both Frank and Claire wondering what to do as they knew they'd just lost Bottas to Mercedes and they wanted someone in the car that knew it inside and out so they knew the best option would be keep Massa but it was just a question as to whether they wanted this teenager Stroll in the car or someone who seemed to have the pace to challenge despite being a girl. It proved a very hard decision which lead to a few arguments between Frank and Claire in the end they decided to give Sara Ryder the nod. Because they felt it might at least make good publicity if they gave her a chance if nothing else. They knew the car wasn't a championship contender. But they felt with someone like Sara behind the wheel maybe in time she might help turn it into one. And so Sara's adventure begins.

At least this is what I've kind of headcannoned to start with I'm going to let the game tell me the rest of that story. Also I felt that Williams would probably be the team most open to having a female driver than any of the other teams. Which is why I worked them into the story. Also I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Williams as most of my favourite F1 drivers have driven for them.

Mclaren
    And did they opt for Massa's experience or did they cave for the Stroll's big wallet?
  • CombatphilippeCombatphilippe Member New Car Smell
    edited August 5
    Renault
    Renault. Awesome looking car And I can get Palmer out. Win-Win. 

And they're low to medium midfield atm, So Nice to get them to the front.
    Post edited by Combatphilippe on
    Williams
    And did they opt for Massa's experience or did they cave for the Stroll's big wallet?
    was that question directed at me?

Mclaren
    was that question directed at me?
    Yes                                               
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    Force india
    There was already a thread on this... I knew it was the start of the end
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02