Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is anyone else finding the historic legends series championship harder than anything else

Hi just wondering if anyone else is finding the historic legends series championship extremely hard in comparison to everything else in dirt 4, I have had no problem with anything else in the game this championship just seems ridiculously hard even on the easiest difficulty which is preventing me from earning the platinum trophy which is pretty annoying.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• l8lProvostl8ll8lProvostl8l Member New Car Smell
    Accepted Answer
    Too long for nothing :/ We take one car and play like 2h an event with , i rather play 15 min event , but use more cars :) I take only maximum 2-3 Historic Rally car in career :/
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Accepted Answer
    Ben12247 said:
    I did actually mate the bmw m3 is the one 
    The AI freaks out when you drive it and sets impossible times. Try another car. I recommend the Sierra.
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"

Answers

You wouldn't happen to have picked the BMW M3, would you?
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • Ben12247Ben12247 Member New Car Smell
    I did actually mate the bmw m3 is the one 
    That's great thanks a lot I'll give it a try wish me luck 
    Best of luck to you.                       
    Thanks so much mate you're a life saver.
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    I recently muddled through the RWD Monsters Championship with the BMW and finished middle to bottom tier on 'Challenging' difficulty. Haven't had too much trouble with Championships until this one.  I'll retry with a different car and see what happens!
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    yes the bmw times are funny.i broke a world record and it was like 20 seconds behind top place :D
  • BorisTheFrogBorisTheFrog Member Unleaded
    If you want to know how inconsistent the AI really is then select the 'fearless' difficulty settings and do some of the mid to latter events in career mode. Whilst the Historic Legends event always seems to follow the same pattern (impossibly hard in Wales and pretty straightforward in Sweden) some of the other events have completely random moments which kind of destroy the game as a whole.

I've just finished Australia (triple crown) and after 4 stages was sitting in 2nd place around 4 seconds off the lead driver - and then something very wrong happened on stages 5 and 6. After doing pretty well on stage 5 i was credited with 26th place; 11 seconds off the stage WR and a full 22 seconds off 25th place. 1st - 25th had all finished within 3 seconds of each other and had all finished in excess of 10 seconds above the WR. Although I managed 8th on stage 6 the time the accumulated time loss of those stages pretty much finished the event off so I retired gracefully.

At the end of the day I accept that fearless mode should be hard - but it should also be fair. Playing thru the huge latter events only to be completely undone by one of these random moments really does make you wonder why you're even making the effort.
    Fortunately the epic fail in Australia and the first two stages in Spain has given me my 10 million distance travelled (my final goal) so I need punish myself no more.

Thanks everyone for you're help and comments much appreciated