Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally - Why Still So Expensive?

Hey what's up people?

So I already own Dirt Rally on Steam. Bought it early access when it first came out. Recently acquired a PS4, and wanted to buy it for that platform too. My PC is a bit old and slow and the game will run much better and smoother and look better on the PS4.

But I was pretty surprised to find out that Dirt Rally is still full price on the US PSN store - 60 bucks. Considering the game is 2 years old I really thought the price would have dropped by now, down to at least 40 bucks for the digital edition.

On Amazon it's 42 bucks excluding shipping, but I'm currently living in a place where they don't ship to.

Is this game going to go on sale any time in the near future? I'm kinda loath to pay full price again for a game that I already own.

Comments

• Alf72Alf72 Member Pit Crew
    mesa said:
    Because Dirt Rally still the Best available rally simulator on the market now.
    If i had to guess, i'd say exactly the same words as Mesa. If you don't wanna pay full price, keep an eye on the game because, sooner or later, eventually, it will be on sale.

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• BorisTheFrogBorisTheFrog Member Unleaded
    In the UK it's around £20 in CEX for a preowned copy and is now available ''free'' with the XBox game pass, so either way there is a cheap option to either own or play it on XB1. Wow, finally something on my crappy console thats actually better than PS4
  • cjl9cjl9 Member Pit Crew
    mesa said:
    Love your Fiat 131 Abarth - the Rohrl Alitalia one.

What is the thing at the rear of the car, on the left side as you look at it, under the "..lia" letters on the trunk, that partially blocks the Fiat 131 label.

It appears to be attached to the lower edge of the trunk lid.

No other skins have it. Handle? Light?
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Race Engineer
    I feel as though you may not have read the actual post.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    Alf72 said:
    mesa said:
    If i had to guess, i'd say exactly the same words as Mesa. If you don't wanna pay full price, keep an eye on the game because, sooner or later, eventually, it will be on sale.
    I'd still honestly say it's not worth $60. $40 tops.
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Wheel Nut
    mesa said:

I think you meant it's closer of being arcade like. DiRT 4 is simulator.
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
  • KingOfTheCakesKingOfTheCakes Member Wheel Nut
    Digital copies of games usually stay at a high price because you're paying for "convenience",.
    It's greedy BS, but at least it's almost dirt cheap if you get a hard copy.
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Co-Driver
    MrDeap said:
    mesa said:

I think you meant it's closer of being arcade like. DiRT 4 is simulator.
    You can't even slide the cars on power in Dirt 4, which is a necessity in rallying most of the time and the great Colin McRae did that a lot. Dirt 4 is not a simulator.
    You can slide them on power. Adjust the settings a bit. I agree there is something off, but D4 is more Simulation than DR, which is also more Simulation than any other rally game.

In D4 finally the car has proper weight and jumps aren't launching you into space anymore (looking at you Finland)
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Wheel Nut
    MrDeap said:
    mesa said:

I think you meant it's closer of being arcade like. DiRT 4 is simulator
    You can't even slide the cars on power in Dirt 4, which is a necessity in rallying most of the time and the great Colin McRae did that a lot. Dirt 4 is not a simulator.
    Simulator it has weight & it grip. Whatever is a control mess & slidy is arcade.

Simulation is about having assist & tamed car.

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Try to make a donut with an RWD car in D4 then you'll see ... :D 

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    MrDeap said:
    MrDeap said:
    mesa said:

I think you meant it's closer of being arcade like. DiRT 4 is simulator
    Simulator it has weight & it grip. Whatever is a control mess & slidy is arcade.

Simulation is about having assist & tamed car.

So drift cars in real life have arcade handling? Yeah, solid reasoning
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    If I know Deap, it's sarcasm of the highest degree...