Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

4k and hdr not in pc version?

http://f1gamesitalia.altervista.org/f1-2017-supporto-4k-hdr/
this and other article says that... it's true or not?

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    It might depend on what hardware you have in your system if you have a graphics card that supports 4k then you might be able to run it in that mode. I don't have that kind of hardwqare for 2 reasons 1 I can't afford it and 2 I don't have the room for it either. As I'd need a 4k tv as well to make it work It just depends on what you want I think. Besides I'm happy running at 1080p so I'll stick with that.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• axabrax87axabrax87 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 10
    It's only supported on consoles, and I don't think it matters about your graphics card. HDR support is provided by the TV. Sure you can run it in 4K, but 4K without HDR it sounds like as the HDR info isn't coming from the game. A bit of a bummer as I have a nice 4K tv hooked up to my PC. 
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Co-Driver
    It's in the options menu so I believe it's supported?
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Pit Crew
    Why not 4k if the xbox is the PC should be, I am moving from comsole to PC soon for guaranteed 4K experiences since xbx has not quite got the hardware to pull it off comfortably so this is pants.
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Co-Driver
    edited August 10
    Why not 4k if the xbox is the PC should be, I am moving from comsole to PC soon for guaranteed 4K experiences since xbx has not quite got the hardware to pull it off comfortably so this is pants.
    Read my post above? HDR is in, 4K works with any game on PC
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    HDR on pc monitors for gaming atm is a bit off. So unless ur using a pc on tv no point. And 4k probably not true. And that's frankly a stupid mistake if they didn't, there's no point it's a massive step backwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
    They've specifically stated that HDR is only in for consoles, so if there's an HDR option in the options menu it seems to be a contradiction.  I'm surprised there would even be an option for HDR  because I don't know why you would want to turn it off if you could support it.  My guess is that the reason they would do it this way  is because console players are more likely to be playing on TVs and more TVs are supporting HDR than PC monitors?  Slightly ironic as PCs support native 4K whereas the consoles are upscaling to 4K.  It does make me as a PC player feel like I am not the primary audience for the game and my hardware needs are a secondary consideration.  Still waiting to see if the game will support PC only wheels like the TS-PC. If not I would say it relegates the PC customers to back seat status for this game.
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Pit Crew
    Can codies comment on this?                 
  • mikyesposto95mikyesposto95 Member New Car Smell
    Codemasters must improve the detail in the ps4 version. Especially in the rain, f1 2016 was more detailed. 
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    4K is of course supported, as is HDR on PCs. Lee Mather said himself all the screenshots were made using the Photo Mode on PC version in F1 2017, and they were 4K.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    mantazzo said:
    4K is of course supported, as is HDR on PCs. Lee Mather said himself all the screenshots were made using the Photo Mode on PC version in F1 2017, and they were 4K.
    I absolutely want you to be right, but this article seems to contradict what you are saying

http://wccftech.com/codemasters-f1-2017-improvements-hdr/

• Rayman4449Rayman4449 Member New Car Smell
    Sounds like we definitely need Codemasters to confirm.  

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Well we'll get an answer "soon", no doubt. 
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • Rayman4449Rayman4449 Member New Car Smell
    Just received a reply from Codemasters on this question:  "At the current time we have only confirmed HDR support for Xbox One (S and X) and PS4 Pro."