Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will AI improve faster on R&D? F1 2017

LuismiNieto74LuismiNieto74 Member New Car Smell
In F1 2016 some teams did improve a lot (for example, Manor was 2nd in the third year of my career). However, other teams like Red Bull or Mercedes, didn't upgrade almost anything. So what? Did they have like 20,000 Research Points or what? Why don't spent them? 

I hope the upgrades of the AI team would be much more consistent and frecuent in F1 2017. This would make more challenging and satisfying to take a middle-low team to the top. 
Post edited by LuismiNieto74 on

Comments

• thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Pit Crew
    that's the whole point of the inconsistent R&D development between different teams; so other teams can out develop each other and you won't have the same pecking order for your whole career mode with improved chassis' and engines. 
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T150 Wheel (Ferrari edition)
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended race weekends: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP
  • LuismiNieto74LuismiNieto74 Member New Car Smell
    that's the whole point of the inconsistent R&D development between different teams; so other teams can out develop each other and you won't have the same pecking order for your whole career mode with improved chassis' and engines. 
    I agree with that. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make any sense when some teams do not upgrade their car in almost 3 seasons... whereas a few of them keep constantly upgrading. I want teams to out develop each other, not in that way tho. 
  • carpacarpa Member Pit Crew
    I agree with that. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make any sense when some teams do not upgrade their car in almost 3 seasons... whereas a few of them keep constantly upgrading. I want teams to out develop each other, not in that way tho. 
    In F1 2016 with the few upgrades available if they did so the order wouldn't almost change because they would all develop pretty much the same things. Hopefully in 2017 this will be different