Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is there anyone still at it?

Is anyone still playing Dirt 4? Or like me is your copy collecting dust? Game got boring fast for me.

Comments

• PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    I still play it.                                                                                
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    I play it too. If I stopped, I probably wouldn't come to a forum and say that, though.
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    Still pkay it but also went back to dirt rally. If onl vwe could get the best of both worlds/games...
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    still play it regular.                                                                 
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Still playing it! Got one last event to do then I have wrapped up the career. Will probably work through the rest of the Joyride challenges after that and finish getting all my cars up to "A" spec. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    Just getting the hang of it, haven't even done the whole career yet. 
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• HåkonkHåkonk Member New Car Smell
    Still playing, went back to Dirt rally for a moment, but a bit frustrating With the low grip and the same tracks, so went back to Dirt 4 again.
  • edgenzedgenz Member Race Steward
    Will get back into it in earnest when Clubs is released.

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I vaguely recall playing that some time ago...
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

• dotmartindotmartin Member Wheel Nut
    My T300 broke down, so I am trying to figure out what wheel to get next. I have a nice wheel and pedal set for the TM family, so i guess I'm stuck with them. Wonder if the T-GT is worth the wait and if they'll sell it as a servo base only. Well.. Would have been playing otherwise.
    We had to stop because there came some stone through Timo's seat. Up in the --- of Timo!
  • DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    Operator1 said:
    DiRT Rally and even DiRT 3 Complete Edition are getting higher numbers than DiRT 4
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    edited August 18
    I left it after only 2 weeks of gamplay because the game is boring.
    Now i've just pressed the start button again since we're able to make mods (skins at least), to check my creations . That's all

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• danielhoglandanielhoglan Member New Car Smell
    still playing, bought the sierra cosworth and having a blast atm. but yes, sometimes i feel it's a great game, sometimes i m disappointed, but the more i play the more i discover how to setup a car and so i can enjoy driving a lot. slowly forgetting DR handling. RX is awesome, sweden is my least favourite place in rally, michigan should nox exist at all or really improved, i hate crosskarts and now i m hoping they will expand the contents. we still don't have a place with mixed surface
  • VannipoVannipo Member Unleaded
    edited August 19
    I played it for 3 weeks. Then I got an oculus rift and now I only play DR and dont want to go back to D4 again. Another reason is, that i couldn't load my setups anymore, cause my engineer dropped 2 points... Great skill point system on setups... And why the hell, I can't load e.g. snow setups on gravel tracks? Just as base for adjust tuning anyway... The tarmac feels too perfect to me... The snow tracks are have so many knolls and dips... Hmm.. No VR... No Reason. DR feels perfect...

The menue loading times, compared to DR are - let's say- million times longer. In don't understand why, cause they just need to load a background video (with this Ford (?) Rally Car) and menue items. But I think, the car is rendered in realtime? So the menue has to load all of the environment and effects? I don't know. But to drive many stages in a short amount of time is better in DR.

But I am really sad about these points. Cause D4 has much potential and a nice athmosphere. I hoped, they will add VR and fix this setup skill point problem. But - for me -  it feels Codies don't even listen to points, which dissapaoints some people very much and are ez to fix or to add. For me, they waste energy in wrong tasks. First, they should enhance the Generator with more variations (I know any tile) and parameters and add VR. If u offer VR in an earlier title, u have to care about the addicted VR people. That is, what I would decide as CEO. But it's all about sponsoring, investments and easy and fast money.

Hopefully they join all these needs in DR2.  :#
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    I play it regularly, or at least when I have time to play.  Almost finished with first playthrough of the entire career mode. Will likely go back and retry career on the next higher difficulty setting (Professional I think?)

Before that though, I'm going to have some fun with the Freeplay mode creating Championships and events. Still way too many car and track combinations I've yet to try...

After that I might even restart the game from scratch and recollect cars, build my team and facilities on the highest difficulty setting for the ultimate challenge. 
  • BorisTheFrogBorisTheFrog Member Unleaded
    edited August 20
    cjr3559 said:
    I play it regularly, or at least when I have time to play.  Almost finished with first playthrough of the entire career mode. Will likely go back and retry career on the next higher difficulty setting (Professional I think?)

Before that though, I'm going to have some fun with the Freeplay mode creating Championships and events. Still way too many car and track combinations I've yet to try...

After that I might even restart the game from scratch and recollect cars, build my team and facilities on the highest difficulty setting for the ultimate challenge. 
    Just a word of warning if you're on XB1 and decide to start from scratch...
    If you have the monthly challenge done and are waiting for the remaining time to expire in order to unlock the corresponding achievement then resetting your stats will also reset this achievement and you will have to redo it when the current challenge expires..and wait another month to get the achievement.
    I discovered this the hard way and i'm now waiting patiently to see if i have glitched the achievement or to get my 1000 gamer score.. The tension mounts as the clock ticks down.

To answer the op. I personally don't play the game at all now because when you reach the point when the only challenge D4 has left to offer is 'fearless' difficulty then all that landing on your roof with the slightest contact with trackside hazzards, all that ridiculously exaggerated car movement when straying fractions off the track parameters and the total randomness of the AI stage times does make everything borderline unplayable.
    But i suppose up until that point, if you can get over the sameness of the stages then there is quite a lot of gameplay in there...
    Post edited by BorisTheFrog on
  • SpacepadrilleSpacepadrille Member New Car Smell
    I stopped playing D4, waiting for an update, or more certainly waiting for PCars2 ;-) 
    D4 is not a bad game, but is so disappointing after DR... I have a T300, the FFB is NOT GOOD on D4. This point ruins the game, and the strange physics on gravel too. 

• MrSpankyMrSpanky Member New Car Smell
    I'm still at it. Though like many said, I find the handling very odd. I play with sim mode using game pad so I can't speak for wheel experience. With the pad however, it feels like a less precise version of DR, not to mention unpredictable behaviour of some cars. 

I personally think D4 should have been more akin to D2 and D3. It should have continued the series with focus on a well balanced gamer friendly handling. Pushing the sim agenda imo has had a negative impact on the mainline series. 

Instead, I'd like to have seen a new series start from DR. This should follow the trend set by DR (early access, incremental updates and all that goodness) with a focus on moving towards a more permanent foundation where they can focus on improvements and content without major overhauls every time. I hope they are working towards a tech pipeline that will allow them to do this.

Right now, D4 feels like it's trying to be many things for many people, but not making good first impressions. I'll still complete the career mode, but beyond that I think I might return to DR and start it's career mode again. 
  • Mystx24Mystx24 Member Unleaded
    Still at it here right around 150 hours, loving the game, i spend my time doing community events, and tuning cars in freeplay or going for WR'S in career stages. It seems you either really like the handling or you dont at this point, i think it feels spot on now that i got a better wheel.