Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is there anyone still at it?

124»

Comments

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    bogani said:
    And RWD cars are laughable. 
    I can't possibly imagine what that'd be like....   >:)
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Co-Driver
    bogani said:
    My eyes and ears bleeds too much to give SLRE any longer attention. And RWD cars are laughable. 
    I fail to see (and fail to feel myself when I drive) how RWD cars are "laughable":

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    bogani said:
    My eyes and ears bleeds too much to give SLRE any longer attention. And RWD cars are laughable. 
    I fail to see (and fail to feel myself when I drive) how RWD cars are "laughable":

Sorry Bro, you posted that video as a proof of how good the slre is? Specially it's rwd physics, I don't know if you are kidding or saying it seriously.
    As @bogani said, every part of my body bleeds when I see SLRE footage or play it (30min)
    edited September 2017
    @Fedemaisonnave no I'm not trying to show how good/bad physics are, just wondering why RWD was labeled as "laughable". The oversteer isn't as exaggerated as in DR but it's no walk in the park.

LOL eyes and ears bleeding. Can't argue with you on those points  :p
    Post edited by LudwigVonMises on
  • lukaszasadalukaszasada Member New Car Smell
    I'm still playing too, but on PS4. If anybody would like to play via online leagues here's my psnid: lukaszasada
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    @Fedemaisonnave no I'm not trying to show how good/bad physics are, just wondering why RWD was labeled as "laughable". The oversteer isn't as exaggerated as in DR but it's no walk in the park.

LOL eyes and ears bleeding. Can't argue with you on those points  :p
    The RWD cars in Dirt Rally is by far the best virtual representation of a RWD car on a loose surface ever created in my opinion.

You can feel the tires dig in to the ground as it sends you slightly sideways on throttle.

And when it comes to RWD's in DR the oversteer is certainly not exagerated. 

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Mystx24 said:
    I dont think the problem is snap understeer, more of the cars in default snap oversteer and if over corrected it feels like understeer, iv sorted out handling issues with setup, if anyone needs car setup assistance, message me on here or check out Mystx24 on youtube iv got tuneing vids up.

This game does deserve more praise than it's given.
    I'm 100% certain its a snap understeer issue. Maybe its something in the setup but most cars I tried snap into understeer without you counter-steering. I've gone into a left hander, and turned in, ebraked to get the tail out, and got on the throttle when the car was facing the way I wanted, at nearly full lock left, and still the car snapped back to the right. 

Front wheel drive cars are useless because it's really bad with them. They understeer under throttle even if you have the E-brake pulled the whole time lol. The cars simply do not handle realistically. Dirt Rally was FAR more  accurate, even though the cars would bounce like a basketball.

If you like it thats fine, but the handling model is too arcade for my tastes.
    LOL, that is how FWD Cars handle, they have a lot of understeering and you need to control it with your left foot and by modulating the throttle. R2 and KitCar are really really good recreated
    You beat me to it! Understeer is typical in FWD cars, especially those with more power. The KitCar handling is, in my opinion, some of the best in the game. 
    but goddamn it when I drive my Fiesta R5 or Subaru N4 I actually like it more than Dirt Rally. It feels so good with the wheel. 
    I am a controller player, but I share this opinion: the FWD and 4WD cars that are good, feel absolutely spot on. It's just the RWD and a few other cars that don't seem quite right.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

edited September 2017
    Here are two great videos that demonstrate why most of us love both games (DiRT Rally and Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO). Pretty much the reason why all of us play rally games. This is the action that we don't get from DiRT 4 and what has upset so many people about the handling model.

It's poetry in motion in both games. Long live rally!

[EDIT]I replaced the DR video with one from the same guy that did the SLRE one for consistency.[/EDIT]

@bogani @Fedemaisonnave WARNING! The second video can produce eye bleeding. But your ears will be OK because you can't hear the engines over the soundrack  ;)
    Post edited by LudwigVonMises on
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion

"forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    edited September 2017
    But, in fairness....

Yes, it's got to the point where people are having to choose between playing DiRT 4 or SLRE... O Gawd. :(

• danielofifidanielofifi Member Unleaded
    Wierd... it seems a lot depends on the individual cars in Dirt 4. I picked BMW for the weekly challenge and it oversteered like crazy on wet Spain stages. 

After playing Dirt 4, I turned on Dirt Rally for comparison. Cars feel so light and it's so very easy to go sideways... which is super fun, I must admit, but I almost felt like driving toy cars. If only Codemasters could strike balance between the two handling models.

And then there is also Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, which is the most demanding in terms of car control in my opinion and can be extremely satisfying, in spite of lackluster presentation. And Kylotonn are going in the right direction with WRC6, which is a big improvement over WRC5.

Man, we should be really happy that there are so many good rally games on the market right now, just like in the PlayStation 2 era. The future looks bright. :) 
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    Man, we should be really happy that there are so many good rally games on the market right now, just like in the PlayStation 2 era. The future looks bright. :) 
    Not just good rally games, but games that at least try to aim for realism. It was only a few years ago when the only new rally games on the market were pretty far into the "arcade" category. No wonder Richard Burns Rally lasted so long!
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    I'm not playing D4 anymore, I went back to the old CMR and WRC games which are miles better. There's no point in playing the game after you beat the triple crown series anyway.
    You could have a go at completing all the events in 'fearless' mode and gaining a full set of gold star trophies. I'm 11 short (4x silver and 7x 4th or worse) in all disciplines and getting to that stage can easilly another 30 hours of gameplay.

Has anyone completed and golded all the career events in Fearless difficulty?  Just wondering.  It would be interesting to find out if any liveries unlock.
    PSN: cjr3559
  • SepponaattoriSepponaattori Member Unleaded
    cjr3559 said:
    I'm not playing D4 anymore, I went back to the old CMR and WRC games which are miles better. There's no point in playing the game after you beat the triple crown series anyway.
    You could have a go at completing all the events in 'fearless' mode and gaining a full set of gold star trophies. I'm 11 short (4x silver and 7x 4th or worse) in all disciplines and getting to that stage can easilly another 30 hours of gameplay.

Has anyone completed and golded all the career events in Fearless difficulty?  Just wondering.  It would be interesting to find out if any liveries unlock.
    Seems like I have something to do know.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    I am still doing historic after completing the Triple Crown, but slowly, doing RWD and I picked the James Bond old school to do it, the handling even with tinkering with settings are awful!! I have to push to the max with zero confidence in the car, I have to play when I have slept very well and highly Red Bull'ed!! Half way through but still 2 rallies to go, Wales and Sweden! Why!!
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • cjr3559cjr3559 Member New Car Smell
    cjr3559 said:

Seems like I have something to do know.

@Sepponaattori

Go for it!   :) B)
    PSN: cjr3559
124»