Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Driver/Team Performance

What do you think about the Team Perf. comparing to real F1?

In all my Qualifying sessions Alonso,Vandoorne,Wehrlein and Ericsson have been at the last 4 starting positions...

Imo its a little bit boring and unrealistic. Yes McLaren and Sauber are the weakest Teams but I remember also Massa and Stroll were out in Q1 at one weekend. I think it should be more variable.

Btw in 2016 it have been always Renault,Sauber and Manor at the last 6 positions. Maybe CM makes it always a little bit to easy...

Please notice: I'm talking only about Grand Prix mode... not career!

Comments

• JayJay686JayJay686 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 1
    In the last race in Spa you can see how Ricardo has beaten Raikkonen and Bottas. This will never happen in the game as Ferrari and Merc are nearly "unbeatable" for RB.
     For me it would be nice to get the performance adjusted soonest.

..that everything is too static. Drivers and teams have set speed values and don't seem to vary enough from that value from weekend to weekend. 
    Thats the point! Its to static yes!
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    My issue with driver/team performance is:
    1- Williams is too over powered.
    2- Stroll qualifying and race results is over powered compared to real life.
    3- Merc and Ferrari too far ahead of Red Bull at high aero tracks.
  • peanutt2000peanutt2000 Member Wheel Nut
    coolieboy said:
    My issue with driver/team performance is:
    1- Williams is too over powered.
    2- Stroll qualifying and race results is over powered compared to real life.
    3- Merc and Ferrari too far ahead of Red Bull at high aero tracks.
    Force India far too slow as well as ocon also.
    edited September 13
    For me the midfielders are generally ok
    .... imo the biggest change must be to bring RB closer to Merc ans Ferrari! They are 1-1,5sec slower but  they should be able to Beat at least Bottas and Räikkönen sometimes!
  • kentalikentali Member New Car Smell
    Williams must be nerfed a lot ,probably lower than Force India and Renault now and maybe even with Mclaren(with better engine would be miles ahead of williams)
  • ArthurRayArthurRay Member New Car Smell
    Let's see irl Mercedes and Ferrari have one all but one race when I checked a few days ago.  Redbull won in Azerbaijan so not to unrealistic so far.
  • pijinpijin Member Petrol Head
    Honda engine is also underpowered (I can't believe I'm saying that). But it is definitely more powerful than the 2015 Sauber. Still pretty far behind Renault (~20-30 Bhp) and Ferrari and Merc (40-50 bhp) but definitely ahead of Sauber. That and the chassis and aero should start 4th between the midfield and RB (if anything closer to RB). Remember Alonso got fastest lap on merit in Hungary IRL. Yeah Raikkonen was hampered by a hobbling Vettel, but it's still incredible. I can't imagine them being more than like .5s faster in the race if he hadn't. 

Williams needs to be sent to 8th in aero and 9th in chassis ahead of only Sauber and Haas and Sauber in aero.
  • JJRossoJJRosso Member Wheel Nut
    Codemasters need to wait until Monaco to finalise car and driver ratings. Based on this season they didnt correct any teams performance after China. If you look at this seasons Australia, China qualifying and race results you'll get very similar results in the game.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    JJRosso said:
    Codemasters need to wait until Monaco to finalise car and driver ratings. Based on this season they didnt correct any teams performance after China. If you look at this seasons Australia, China qualifying and race results you'll get very similar results in the game.
    If you ignore the AI being 1.4 seconds faster on 110% than in real life, this applies to Bahrain as well and fully explains Massa's extremely high stats.
  • akinozdemirakinozdemir Member Unleaded
    Raikkonen is overrated.
    Williams is overrated.
    Honda is underrated.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Post-patch it looks as though everything's a bit out of place. Some driver stats have definitely been changed (Raikkonen, Massa), but because of this they're no longer Australia spec while the cars still are, which hurts the immersion a tad.
    edited September 14
    @jennyannem @F1Support
    Will there be an update in the performances within the next lets say 2 weeks?
    I'd like to start a season...

Or should this be in the Tech.As. Thread?
    Post edited by JayJay686 on
    @F1Support
    A reply would be very much appreciated!
    @F1Support helloooooo? Is anybody out there?
  • equitisquartusequitisquartus Member New Car Smell
    Williams too fast
    Red Bull chassis not good enough
    McLaren chassis not good enough. They are 17th and 18th at every single track at the moment.

Raikkonen and Bottas both too fast. In almost every session they are within a tenth or two of Vettel and Hamilton. It's boring and unrealistic seeing the top 4 within 2 tenths every qualifying.  In my opinion they need to be a few tenths slower but give them a small chance of a "good weekend" where they can be faster than Vettel or Hamilton.

That's my main complaint so far, that everything is too static. Drivers and teams have set speed values and don't seem to vary enough from that value from weekend to weekend. The biggest example is Williams which is the 4th fastest car everywhere when it should be struggling badly at low speed circuits like Monaco.
    Williams has been a top 5 car in every race so far. A bit unrealistic. 
  • RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Williams too fast
    Red Bull chassis not good enough
    McLaren chassis not good enough. They are 17th and 18th at every single track at the moment.

Raikkonen and Bottas both too fast. In almost every session they are within a tenth or two of Vettel and Hamilton. It's boring and unrealistic seeing the top 4 within 2 tenths every qualifying.  In my opinion they need to be a few tenths slower but give them a small chance of a "good weekend" where they can be faster than Vettel or Hamilton.

That's my main complaint so far, that everything is too static. Drivers and teams have set speed values and don't seem to vary enough from that value from weekend to weekend. The biggest example is Williams which is the 4th fastest car everywhere when it should be struggling badly at low speed circuits like Monaco.

Not true. Only 13 out of the 24 times a Williams finished in the top 10. So it's not the top 5 car in every race. They both didn't come out of Q1 twice.
    They struggled big time in Monaco and Hungary. Also in qualifying in Austria. That's what @TyranoTigger meant. 
  • FetalFetal Member Unleaded
    Raalte said:

Not true. Only 13 out of the 24 times a Williams finished in the top 10. So it's not the top 5 car in every race. They both didn't come out of Q1 twice.
    They struggled big time in Monaco and Hungary. Also in qualifying in Austria. That's what @TyranoTigger meant. 
    I think he ment in the game. maybe.

hopefully they do the performance updates right.
    my opinion, either buff vettel or nerf kimi a bit. same for ham and bottas.
    teach riccardo and max how to pass, because they are forever stuck in slow traffic and drive like they are afraid of passing.

• RaalteRaalte Member Race Steward
    Fetal said:
    Raalte said:

I think he ment in the game. maybe.

hopefully they do the performance updates right.
    my opinion, either buff vettel or nerf kimi a bit. same for ham and bottas.
    teach riccardo and max how to pass, because they are forever stuck in slow traffic and drive like they are afraid of passing.

Yeah I see now he meant the game.