Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Career Mode Classic Car Event Accidental Skip

I finished my race in Australia and of course got the invitation from Jonathan to drive the classic cars. Accidentally hit escape on the choice of which event I wanted to do and now I can't do that event. I cannot find any way to go to it. I've left the career and re-entered and still have no option to do it. If I "go to next weekend" it obviously puts me in China for the 2nd race. I guess I'll redo my career and be more careful next time.

Comments

• CamJS2CamJS2 Member New Car Smell
    On the main menu it is available to play, go into events and you should see!
  • CyrealReeperCyrealReeper Member New Car Smell
    Yeah I was aware it available there, I was just under the impression (thought I saw or read it) that if you did it during career mode it would add to your reputation with other teams.
    Just did a test on a dummy career mode, it looks like they do indeed help team reputation. Not much, but some. If you look at my profile screenshots you can see the one after the first race that I intentionally failed out of and then the screen from after my first invitational before China FP1. Link to steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyrealReeper/screenshots/
  • Rinehart27Rinehart27 Member Unleaded
    Is there a way of skipping or removing the classic car events in career mode - I'm finding them a bit silly...
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Is there a way of skipping or removing the classic car events in career mode - I'm finding them a bit silly...
    I know you can skip them from just pressing the back button to close the menu, then proceeding to the next weekend, as highlighted by the op's problem.
    I finished my race in Australia and of course got the invitation from Jonathan to drive the classic cars. Accidentally hit escape on the choice of which event I wanted to do and now I can't do that event. I cannot find any way to go to it. I've left the career and re-entered and still have no option to do it. If I "go to next weekend" it obviously puts me in China for the 2nd race. I guess I'll redo my career and be more careful next time.
    Couldn't you just alt-tab/force close out of the game and reload your career? I did something similar in my career and this worked...
    Couldn't you just alt-tab/force close out of the game and reload your career? I did something similar in my career and this worked...
    It seems like there is an undocumented change that now has the classic events show up again when they weren't completed now. I haven't specifically tested it but 2 times now I've exited the game for various reasons before completing the event. First time it gave me the choice to pick between the 2 events again, the second time it actually loaded me right into the event I had selected.
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    @CyrealReeper Rather, I think it just depends if you manage to do so before it autosaves. There is an icon top left to show it saving, keep an eye out for that.  :)