Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why isn't there a thread by codies with all the 'logged' bugs?

Well, I've been using this forum quite often lately due to the great amount of bugs. Unfortunatley at the moment the info stream is just going one way, what I'd like to see and actually expected to see, was a thread from codies with all the known bugs listed. In that case they would make it easy for themselfs and for all the people wondering if there problem is known/being worked on. Honestly, if you keep browsing through these pages I can find the exact same problem four times in four different threads, this causes the forum to be just one big pile of reports and that's it. Results in a few rage threads xD 
Tagged:

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    duspectra said:
    Well, I've been using this forum quite often lately due to the great amount of bugs. Unfortunatley at the moment the info stream is just going one way, what I'd like to see and actually expected to see, was a thread from codies with all the known bugs listed. In that case they would make it easy for themselfs and for all the people wondering if there problem is known/being worked on. Honestly, if you keep browsing through these pages I can find the exact same problem four times in four different threads, this causes the forum to be just one big pile of reports and that's it. Results in a few rage threads xD 

That would be like an admission of guilt. Someone already suggested they switch to some open source bug tracking software so we could open and follow tickets through to resolution, but they would NEVER EVER allow that, as we would then see how little they do between games to correct those already reported bugs they don't find important enough or can't be bothered with.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Race Steward
    I got the impression that developers in general don't like acknowledging negative feedback or talk about it. Maybe because many people would talk crap to them or something not sure.

Also, half of them are not bugs but people not understanding stuff or being too dumb to properly operate a computer.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Also, half of them are not bugs but people not understanding stuff or being too dumb to properly operate a computer.
    I would say more like 10%, and even then only 10% of PC gamers. So about 50 people.
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • duspectraduspectra Member New Car Smell
    I got the impression that developers in general don't like acknowledging negative feedback or talk about it. Maybe because many people would talk crap to them or something not sure.

The fun thing is they will get crap either way. However looking to Lee's and Jenny's replies on twitter, they are acknowledging the probs, but the way they are logging the issues without showing a list with all logged issues makes up for alot of unnecessary threads here. Then leaving all those "BUGLIST", "report all bugs here" threads out of account.