Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Noob question: Suspension vs Anti-roll settings

ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded
Am I right in assuming that:
softer suspension = more grip for corner entry/exit (better for slow, tight corners)
softer ARB's = more grip mid corner (better for fast sweeping corners)

Trying to drive a Haas around Bahrain and it loses time with major understeer entering bends and oversteer out of slow corners. How would you combat this?

Comments

• KrisperfectlineKrisperfectline Member Unleaded
    I'd say try the default setup. It is surprisingly decent on Tilke, modern tracks bar Singapore. I'll leave it to the rest regarding the technical stuff... 
  • DenjelRicDenjelRic Member New Car Smell
    Oversteer out of slow corners can also be (partially) tackled by increasing the Differential On Throttle.
  • ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded
    DenjelRic said:
    Oversteer out of slow corners can also be (partially) tackled by increasing the Differential On Throttle.
    Yeah, I found that works too. 
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    I often think about it in terms of how long am I on the throttle versus the brakes and decide on downforce that way.

What I mean is Hungary is all stop-start (like Monaco) and much of a lap is spent cornering.

So high downforce, evenly distributed, is a must.

At Hungary I start at 8 front wing and 8 rear wing.

If I find I have some wiggle room I might take 1 off each.

Monza is a 2 front and 1 rear for me...the other extreme.

It is circuits like Spa, Singapore, Baku (as examples) that are more difficult to get right, as they have fast sections that benefit low wing, but they also have some low and mid speed corners and some big stops, which benefit a higher wing.

At Spa I run 6 or 7 front and 5 or 6 rear, depending on weather, strategy etc...

• Dunky1980Dunky1980 Member Unleaded
    DenjelRic said:
    Wouldn't that be the other way? lower Differential should give you less wheel spin oversteer at the cost of pure traction.