Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Struggling with Monaco hairpin

Pete4697Pete4697 Member New Car Smell
No matter what speed car set up or anything i cant turn the hairpin i need to stop halfway through reverse and carry on turning i've been playing f1 games for 7 years so i know i can do this track usually one of my best tracks just my car cant turn ? 
Post edited by F1Support on

Comments

• roberto28roberto28 Member Race Steward
    problem exists for me as well.  in 1st gear can get around the U turn
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    I can do it just fine, do you play with a pad or with a wheel? In game which angle does the steering wheeel reach?
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • Sashy83Sashy83 Member New Car Smell
    I play on PS4 an I'm getting round there with no issues it's all down to the line you take an your speed
  • R9NALD09R9NALD09 Member Unleaded
    It is tight but I made it fine last night in my career mode race.  Just don't try to overtake anyone there...just not enough space and you WILL lose your front wing and the AI doesn't back down at all.
  • larryllarryl Member Co-Driver
    T150 wheel and on a PS4, No problem with me
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - F1-2018 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T300 (F1 Ferrari Rim) - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 Pro - No Assists
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    I'm also having problems with the hairpin at Monaco, might be different for wheel users but using the standard controller on PS4 console it's practically impossible to make the hairpin without hitting the wall at the last moment regardless of speed or gear.
  • Bronson86Bronson86 Member Unleaded
    Turn the steering sensitivity right up if you're using a pad. I can't stand Monaco as it is...on the game and in real life.

Terrible track.
    edited August 2017
    Had a bit more practice using this years Ferrari and can just about make the hairpin now, have to be so slow, barely where the car is moving otherwise you hit this wall right at the last part of the turn 

EDIT- best way I've found is to just coast the corner, ultra slow, no throttle or brake and just let the momentum of the downhill slope carry you round.  
  • Pete4697Pete4697 Member New Car Smell
    good to see mix of replies i will try turning the turning sensitivty up i made a few mods and made my car oversteer more just to help get around it haha i was losing 2-3 seconds on that corner so i do say anyone struggling maybe make your car oversteer more 
  • HusseinGamingPsHusseinGamingPs Member Unleaded
    edited August 2017
    Try lowering the differential both on throttle and off throttle! Should work!
  • MikeV27MikeV27 Member New Car Smell
    No problems here I do that corner in 2nd gear.
  • EmilCarlssonEmilCarlsson Member New Car Smell
    its broken in many ways according to me. Im racing for redbull during my career and was fighting every race for top 5, but during monaco I had to almost cheat my way trough not to finish last, I skipped that track and simulated in the end. The delta time was haywire during practice and couldnt complete a single overtake.
  • F3TzF3Tz Member Unleaded
    @Pete4697 : Try to break at/after the blackbox and drive with your left wheels over the inside curb. The curb helps a lot to swing the car around the corner.
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    Edited rather misleading title. Carry on.
  • F3TzF3Tz Member Unleaded
    edited August 2017
    Limitless just posted his Monaco+Setup Video

He is one of the best pad players and is playing without assits. He just says the same. Try to use the curb

Thanks for the video, think I'm going to need all the help I can get plus a lot of practice at Monaco, only been 2 days without using no assists at all on pad and although getting better the more I practice, do seem to still be struggling somewhat. Reminds me of the very first time I tried Monaco on F1 2013, think I was bouncing off just about every wall there was
  • BeefybjkBeefybjk Member New Car Smell
    Pete4697 said:
    No matter what speed car set up or anything i cant turn the hairpin i need to stop halfway through reverse and carry on turning i've been playing f1 games for 7 years so i know i can do this track usually one of my best tracks just my car cant turn ? 
    It's quite tight. I play on PC with a Logitech G27 and I found that the best way to get around the hairpin is to shift down to 1st gear, apply full steering lock, and step on the throttle a little. The small throttle input really helps the car turn.
  • BeefybjkBeefybjk Member New Car Smell
    Beefybjk said:
    Pete4697 said:
    It's quite tight. I play on PC with a Logitech G27 and I found that the best way to get around the hairpin is to shift down to 1st gear, apply full steering lock, and step on the throttle a little. The small throttle input really helps the car turn.
    Also, using the kerb really helps.
  • ValiPopaValiPopa Member New Car Smell
    For PS4 controler increase Steering Saturation +10 
    Options/Preferences/Customise Controls/Control Schemes/select Control Scheme/Edit/Calibration/Steering Saturation