Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Scripted / Generated AI lap times in Qualifying

JayJay686JayJay686 Member Wheel Nut
@F1Support:
It was already mentioned in a few Threads and I thought the most worst annoying thing are the blurred textures but after starting my career its definately the damn scripted AI times! They are destroying the whole experience and "work" in qualifying! The AI level 74 is just perfect for me. If I watch AI driving the lap times are fine. But every time thw drivers gets scripted times its annoying!
Please change it as it was in 2016 game where it was fine!

Its Q2 and I'm on 7th... its starts to rain.. I choose back to the pits.. I'm still on 7th.. only a few Seconds left.. I choose "go to track" (driving out of pits)... I see on my steering wheel I'm still on 7th when  I choose back to Garage again (still raining) .. the time is over of course because the game simulates the way back to pits.. and then the time table appears... I'm on 11! 

...its even simulated if you are in pit and watching "live".. when time is 0:00 it immediately stops and the time table appears even if there are still AI on a hot lap!! And what happened? Yes the times are simulated and I fall down from 8th to 15th!

THE SIMULATED TIMES ARE 1-1,5 SECONDS FASTER THEN THE AI IS DRIVING REAL!!

PLEASE CM LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE AWARE OF IT AND IF A FIX IS PLANNED!

This is a gamebreaker for me :-(

Comments

• EptesicusEptesicus Member New Car Smell
    Yup. Pretty game destroying at the moment. I won't play until I have sorted it.
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    I can confirm this. It happens to me in every Session that I drop from P9 or 10 with a solid lap to P16 or P17 everytime the Session ends. So I have no chance to qualfy for Q2... But on Raceday I go from P18 easily to P7 or P6, so the Slider does not match from Practice Qualifying to Raceday.. At least give us the option to wait until everybody is done with their last lap in Qualifying, that would help.
  • echo321echo321 Member New Car Smell
    JayJay686 said:
    @F1Support:
    It was already mentioned in a few Threads and I thought the most worst annoying thing are the blurred textures but after starting my career its definately the damn scripted AI times! They are destroying the whole experience and "work" in qualifying! The AI level 74 is just perfect for me. If I watch AI driving the lap times are fine. But every time thw drivers gets scripted times its annoying!
    Please change it as it was in 2016 game where it was fine!

Its Q2 and I'm on 7th... its starts to rain.. I choose back to the pits.. I'm still on 7th.. only a few Seconds left.. I choose "go to track" (driving out of pits)... I see on my steering wheel I'm still on 7th when  I choose back to Garage again (still raining) .. the time is over of course because the game simulates the way back to pits.. and then the time table appears... I'm on 11! 

...its even simulated if you are in pit and watching "live".. when time is 0:00 it immediately stops and the time table appears even if there are still AI on a hot lap!! And what happened? Yes the times are simulated and I fall down from 8th to 15th!

THE SIMULATED TIMES ARE 1-1,5 SECONDS FASTER THEN THE AI IS DRIVING REAL!!

PLEASE CM LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE AWARE OF IT AND IF A FIX IS PLANNED!

This is a gamebreaker for me :-(

that's not the problem... the AI improve by 1 second because the track just gets faster... try yourself, i always improve on my second run by 0.8-1.2 seconds myself...
    the acutal bug is in changeable conditions, when the laps are simulated with the wrong weather conditions. this really needs a fix, as it's annoying seeing 3-4 AI going 10 seconds faster than everyone else...
  • JayJay686JayJay686 Member Wheel Nut
    @F1Support ;
    THX for your very quick response!!
    Great to hear! I'm looking forward for the nxt Patch!
    @echo321: sorry but this is just not right! Have seen so many examples already where it was just impossible to improve! ;-)
    And as you can see CM is also aware of it :-)
    @JayJay686 well, it's right for me... i never had issues with simulated laptimes except the ones in changeable conditions... don't know why, but my qualypace is quite on the same level as my racepace compared to the AI. on some tracks, my qualipace is even better, australia/spain as example... just don't understand these tracks... no problem on 1 lap, but in the race i lose 1 second per lap.
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    F1Support said:
    and AI difficulties over 100 too.
    What issues? I'm currently racing at 110% and would really not want the game to get easier again like 2016 did. There are some issues involving their pace in practice in general (as they don't care about the track grip) and in qualifying, but I do hope you won't be slowing them down in the race with your fixes.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    Coffer said:
    F1Support said:
    What issues? I'm currently racing at 110% and would really not want the game to get easier again like 2016 did. There are some issues involving their pace in practice in general (as they don't care about the track grip) and in qualifying, but I do hope you won't be slowing them down in the race with your fixes.
    The speed is fine, it's just noticeable that they are faster in practice than they are in the quali and race and that they miraculously improve times without being on track (scripting) or at the end of the session. Some values are off somewhere.

Also I found OSQ to be easier than ShortQ and improved by a second without any extra effort.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 Looking for a drive
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    Coffer said:
    F1Support said:
    The speed is fine, it's just noticeable that they are faster in practice than they are in the quali and race and that they miraculously improve times without being on track (scripting) or at the end of the session. Some values are off somewhere.
    That happens on every difficulty though, and they really are too fast in quali relative to the race as well even without the magic laps.
  • Laurent701Laurent701 Member Unleaded
    Don't have any problems with the laptimes,  from P1 to Q3 is all fine, AI get every session faster. Ok, race pace is a lot slower but that is like the real one, 5or 6 sec.slower at beginn of a 100% race. Only thing is when the weather change and the times are simulated,  there is maybee a problem.
  • SadlerSadler Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    They are fast in Practice because at some point I'd guess we use fast forward and therefore the AI cars use these simulated times (which are quick).

Im sure if you sat and did a full practice session the AI times would be slower. Obviously you can't FF the race, hence the pace appears  normal.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Member New Car Smell
    Sadler said:
    They are fast in Practice because at some point I'd guess we use fast forward and therefore the AI cars use these simulated times (which are quick).

Im sure if you sat and did a full practice session the AI times would be slower. Obviously you can't FF the race, hence the pace appears  normal.

This was not the case in 2016 though. All the times worked very well from practice to race and were on the whole pretty realistic. It seems all over the place in this release.

• USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Unleaded
    I have also experienced this issue with qualy. It really is very frustrating to see that you have worked hard to get into P6 or 7 for example with twenty seconds left of the session - then the session ends and you are suddenly 18th and out. 

It is not realistic / even possible, that about half the field have found about two seconds in the final twenty seconds when they have been struggling for the first 15 / 16 minutes of the session.  

The most annoying aspect of it is that your driver status goes down on the slider as you have failed to hit the team objective and you have failed to beat your teammate. 
    nah, in f1 2016 the pace in practice was too fast too. but who cares about practice? quali and race pace are important and they are fine
  • CheGevara123CheGevara123 Member New Car Smell
    There is a workaround to bypass this bug of simulated AI qual laptimes:
    1) Your last lap at the qualification must start at the very end, when session almost end, but you still will have 2min+ to finish this lap after 0:00
    2) Do not finish this lap on track (because at this case session will immediate end and AI will get simulated times for ongoing laps),
    but enter to the pits. Strange, but session will not end.
    3) At the boxes you will see timer for the session end, but in fact this a timer to finish lap for those who are on track.
    4) Do not simulate or accelerate time, just wait this 1-2min, maybe watch ai laps onboard.
    5) Session will end at last, and AI will not have any simulated laps.

This method works for me, i tried few career grand prix, and at last I'm not at the end of peloton.
    But you will need carefuly calculate when to leave pitlane:
    OUT lap + 1 or 2 your normal qual laps + 1 manual IN lap which must start before 0:00, and finish it at the pitlane after main session time ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I explained this clearly enough.
    F1Support said:
    Hello @JayJay686, we've got an improvement to the AI times when the session isn't playing out in real time for patch 1.6. We're also looking in to a couple of other issues around weather transitions and AI difficulties over 100 too.
    @F1Support:
    Its not mentioned in the patch notes for planned 1.6 update?! For what reason?
    Please take a look in all the threads. This topic is very important as it kills the career mode for a lot of players!
    We'd appreciate a reply on this! Thx in advance.
  • schumissschumiss Member New Car Smell
    I had same problem too. It's crazy they did a huge step backward from 2016, really..
    Anyway i don't think is possible to fix scripted time...
  • F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Wheel Nut
    There is a workaround to bypass this bug of simulated AI qual laptimes:
    1) Your last lap at the qualification must start at the very end, when session almost end, but you still will have 2min+ to finish this lap after 0:00
    2) Do not finish this lap on track (because at this case session will immediate end and AI will get simulated times for ongoing laps),
    but enter to the pits. Strange, but session will not end.
    3) At the boxes you will see timer for the session end, but in fact this a timer to finish lap for those who are on track.
    4) Do not simulate or accelerate time, just wait this 1-2min, maybe watch ai laps onboard.
    5) Session will end at last, and AI will not have any simulated laps.

This method works for me, i tried few career grand prix, and at last I'm not at the end of peloton.
    But you will need carefuly calculate when to leave pitlane:
    OUT lap + 1 or 2 your normal qual laps + 1 manual IN lap which must start before 0:00, and finish it at the pitlane after main session time ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I explained this clearly enough.
    @ChGevara123 thanks for posting that. You would also need to make sure you don't use flying lap or return to garage at any point in the session to. I appreciate that's annoying but that's the best way to work around the problem for now.

There is definitely an issue and we are investigating. I will update you once we've got some progress to report.
  • schumissschumiss Member New Car Smell
    ahah you mean w should do 1 hour qualifyng because we can't use an available option like forward fast or finishing earlier the quali??ahahahahah