Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Vehicle Damange

what is the best setting full or simulation?

Comments

• CavSTiagoCavSTiago Member Co-Driver
    edited September 2
    Someone needs to answer your question,
    I really do not know.
    I have an observation about Damage in Simulation based on a race situation.
    I hit on the front car very hard and he lost the front wing, it simply broke, and I did not hit the wing, I hit the bottom of the very fast car.
    I do not know if this would actually happen with the front wing leaping impact of force, not direct contact.
  • JayJay686JayJay686 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 2
    Sorry I dont know I always play simulation as the damage is even on sim not high enough imo!

That brings me to a question:
    Why is the rear wing unbreakable?? I mean... after start in the first corners sometimes you or AI damage the front wing by breaking to late. But the "victim" has no damage at his rear?! Neither the rear wins is damaged nor a rear tire?! Why? I remember F1 games 10-15 years ago already have had this...

Post edited by JayJay686 on
  • LeedsUnited21LeedsUnited21 Member Unleaded
    does anyone know please??????????????????????????????????
  • Morg291Morg291 Member New Car Smell
    Simulation is best, as the more "sensitve" setting will always be closer to real life and hence better.

Rear wings cannot be lost due to licensing issues. Silly FOM at it again given as recent as F1:CE in 2007 rear wings could come off.
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Even if the wing doesn't come off, CM could implement some sort of rear end damage for the victim. Such as, rear tire puncture, broken diffuser, engine damage, a bent rear wing that offers little to no down force.
  • rabbitbAJrabbitbAJ Member Unleaded
    edited October 1
    REMOVED BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT APPRECIATE MY INPUT
    Post edited by rabbitbAJ on
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.  
  • JayJay686JayJay686 Member Wheel Nut
    For me its a big issue
    I just tested it again. You can hit a car with maximum speed in the rear and nothing happened?! Thats simply very bad.
    And what kind of license restirctions we are talking about?? I dont see the problem of a lost rear wing. Where is the difference to a lost front wing?? It doesnt make sense....

Btw.. this game could be so damn good. But all this little things make it only "ok" :-(
    Arongy said:
    rabbitbAJ said:
    I've had my rear wing come off 2016 and also crashed into someone in 2016 and had their rear wing come off.
    liar rear wing dont come off both 2016 and 2017 
    Don't you dare call me a liar - I know what has happened to me. 
    At the start of the race my rival said he would beat me, I said ' !@#*£ please' and then beat him by fifteen seconds.  
  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    does anyone know please??????????????????9????????????????
    is both the same exept at simulation you get tyre damge if you Touch  sideward the wall or if you driver over carbon parts from accident..
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
    rabbitbAJ said:
    I've had my rear wing come off 2016 and also crashed into someone in 2016 and had their rear wing come off.
    Liar......

Body has been lied to
    Just love how people disagree because they haven't experienced it - tbf I may have been running a mod  not sure
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    rabbitbAJ said:
    Just love how people disagree because they haven't experienced it - tbf I may have been running a mod  not sure
    to be fair you've been doing it to others as well yourself

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• LeoCardosoLeoCardoso Member Unleaded
    JayJay686 said:
    Sorry I dont know I always play simulation as the damage is even on sim not high enough imo!

That brings me to a question:
    Why is the rear wing unbreakable?? I mean... after start in the first corners sometimes you or AI damage the front wing by breaking to late. But the "victim" has no damage at his rear?! Neither the rear wins is damaged nor a rear tire?! Why? I remember F1 games 10-15 years ago already have had this...

Same with the nose and sides of the car. @jennyannem
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Pit Crew
    You could lose your rear wing even in Formula 1 on PS1.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Luke1991 said:
    You could lose your rear wing even in Formula 1 on PS1.
    yeah I've had it on the Geoff Crammond games but not on CM's. I've lost the occasional front wing when playing with damage on but that's as far as it's gone.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

rabbitbAJ said:
    to be fair you've been doing it to others as well yourself
    Beg your pardon? I can give a reason for every comment reaction I do.