Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Gearbox Penalties

madting22madting22 Member New Car Smell
i qualified last for monaco in carrer mode. The 6th race of the season. I took the chance to gain the extra power unit components and also a gearbox as I was having problems with the current one. I decided to swap back to it though as I'm hopeless at Monaco and knew it would complete the 6th race I needed to do with This gearbox. But at Canada I was penalised for using a fresh gearboxes after completing the 6 races on the one prior. Can someone explain how It works?

Comments

• RMKIP455RMKIP455 Member Unleaded
    edited September 3
    Not sure I sort of did the same thing and my grid spots were taken at that race.  Maybe a bug once you took the gearbox and installed the plenty was applied, even if it was again removed.... Still a bug I think but once e can live with
  • carpacarpa Member Co-Driver
    edited September 3
    Because you have to use the gearbox for six consecutive races. It doesn't matter if you had already used it, you still need to keep the same gearbox in the car without changing it before you can change it without getting a penalty. It is accurate to real life F1
    If you changed the gearbox twice in a weekend you'll get two penalties
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • madting22madting22 Member New Car Smell
    carpa said:
    Because you have to use the gearbox for six consecutive races. It doesn't matter if you had already used it, you still need to keep the same gearbox in the car without changing it before you can change it without getting a penalty. It is accurate to real life F1
    If you changed the gearbox twice in a weekend you'll get two penalties
    Thanks for the reply! The game is very vague in details about this unfortunately!