Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Breaking in fast corners

skalibaskaliba Member New Car Smell
i feel like I can be faster in china japan first corner, but I lose back end while breaking gently in corners and the car just starts sliding. Which setup elements do help for this kind of problem. I'd like to learn and understand better. Couple of things I tried was 56% brake bias and balanced weight distribution. 

Comments

• AyrtonSdSAyrtonSdS Member Unleaded
    edited September 5
    Don't downshift too fast. Wait to go down to 3rd gear until you are at the last part of the turn. 
  • BoothJoeBoothJoe Member New Car Smell
    The differential setting also comes into play, I believe. The higher the "off throttle" setting, the less likely the rears will spin when you lift. At least that's the way I've read the information I can find on diff. 
  • philapplerailyphilappleraily Member New Car Smell
    skaliba said:
    i feel like I can be faster in china japan first corner, but I lose back end while breaking gently in corners and the car just starts sliding. Which setup elements do help for this kind of problem. I'd like to learn and understand better. Couple of things I tried was 56% brake bias and balanced weight distribution. 
    Could you mention your brake balance, differential and ballast settings?
    PS4 Pro + PlaySeat Revolution (Black edition) + Thrustmaster T300 + F1 Wheel + RS Dash
    Difficulty : Hard (60%)
    Renault Sport Formula One Team
  • cconmotorsportcconmotorsport Member New Car Smell
    edited September 8
    There are a few ways you can help this problem. You mentioned you set brake bias to 56% but you will actually want to go the other way and send more Brake Bias to the front, 60-62% should be more than enough, to stabilise the car under braking.

You can take off some Camber and Toe to help stabilise the car and make it less 'twitchy'. If you start with the balanced setup, begin by changing all Camber and Toe values one click to the left and go from there. Also, don't go any higher than 7 for Ballast or the oversteer will be very real!

Your weight distribution is fine, I think it was the 56% Brake Bias that was the main cause of your issue. I usually run 58% which gives more than enough oversteer to help the car turn in. I personally don't go lower than 58% or higher than 62%. 

Hope this helps, best of luck!
  • KrisperfectlineKrisperfectline Member Unleaded
    At Suzuka you could slightly brake at the entrance and then another tap on the brakes just before you turn which should allow you to hit the apex at a good speed. 60% brake bias worked ok for me... in the Mercedes... 

For China, I used 52% at turn 1just to suit my late braking style and avoid running wide. You can use 56% or more but not more than 62%, to help you gain time. I just prefer 52% there to avoid running wide