Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

How can so many people have bugs and so many others Not?

Something that's been puzzling me is how come so many people are getting these immense amounts of bugs and issues with this game, and then a handful of people (myself included) aren't getting any or very few. The only issues I've had personally are the simulated quali laps ( but I work around that by staying out and not skipping) and the car still speeding while on the pit limiter. Blue flags seem to work for me, the AI get out of the way of my self and other AI for it. Safety car and VSC both work fine for me and all cars, debris is always cleaned under these conditions. AI seem to be finishing in realistic places and actually race against me very well, in fact I've only made contact with 1 car where Vettel and I rubbed wheels once in Bahrain. Oh and I've seen Perez and Occon take each other out so that's pretty realistic, and AI seems to have mechanical failures too. So I just don't understand the inconsistentcy of the bugs varying from copy to copy? It's weird.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheVelvetoneTheVelvetone Member Unleaded
    I have the same as you, no real annoying bugs but just the simulated AI practice and qualifying times and 5 out of 20 races ±16 cars have grid penalties
  • HyperRiderHyperRider Member Unleaded
    @TheVelvetone see that's another one, haven't seen that penalties one, I'm up to race 10 and no one has taken penalties except for myself, Alonso and Verstappen 
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    edited September 6

Some people just don't notice some issues that occur. It happens right in front of their eyes, but they continue driving & remain oblivious to the fact that something just happened that should not have happened.

Some people notice an issue but they don't realize it's a bug/glitch. They might think it's normal when it's not.

Some people just don't care much about some issues. They're not bothered by some issues, but other customers who are looking for a more realistic experience that more closely mimics the real-world sport are bothered by discrepancies between the game & the sport.

Some people don't play modes that might have more issues, like single-player career versus multi-player lobbies, etc.

Some people don't use the exact same combinations of options, settings, & peripherals that can trigger certain in-game bugs, so they never see those bugs.

Some people have not yet played the game long enough to reach the points where common issues start occurring.

Some issues might be platform-specific, so players on one platform may not experience issues that players on other platforms experience.

Some issues are seemingly random, so some people experience them while other don't. If it seems random, it might just mean that an explanation exists but the actual cause is currently undiscovered/unknown.

Some people don't post online about the issues they're experiencing.

Just because some people have not noticed some issues yet, it doesn't mean their copy of the game does not have those issues - it might only be a matter of time until those lucky folks run into issues themselves.

When quite a lot of people report the same issues, when there are YouTube videos showing the issues occurring, and/or when game companies acknowledge the issues & work on patches to fix them, then we can be sure that the issues are real - and nobody should ever be discouraged from reporting issues since we all get better games when issues are acknowledged & resolved.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 'speaking for others' or 'stating opinions as facts.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings.

• HyperRiderHyperRider Member Unleaded
    @Operator1 see I understand this also, but in my case I've gone through to try and replicate issues that I've read about and seen but to no avail. This is obviously in my personal experience so I can't speak for others, I also wouldn't consider my self the kind of person to just see somthing wrong and just turn a blind eye. Well you would hope not any way as my job is 90% fault finding haha.
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Something that's been puzzling me is how come so many people are getting these immense amounts of bugs and issues with this game, and then a handful of people (myself included) aren't getting any or very few. The only issues I've had personally are the simulated quali laps ( but I work around that by staying out and not skipping) and the car still speeding while on the pit limiter. Blue flags seem to work for me, the AI get out of the way of my self and other AI for it. Safety car and VSC both work fine for me and all cars, debris is always cleaned under these conditions. AI seem to be finishing in realistic places and actually race against me very well, in fact I've only made contact with 1 car where Vettel and I rubbed wheels once in Bahrain. Oh and I've seen Perez and Occon take each other out so that's pretty realistic, and AI seems to have mechanical failures too. So I just don't understand the inconsistentcy of the bugs varying from copy to copy? It's weird.
    It's because none of the issues you mentioned happen 100% of the time, but rather occasionally, like most bugs should. With a decently sized playerbase, you're going to see these bugs mentioned even if they don't happen 50%+ of the time. The blue flag issue only happened once for me for instance, but it definitely did happen. The safety car and VSC also work just fine, but the AI crashes far less often now relative to the number of car issues they get, unlike in 2016, so they end up happening less often. The debris issue is a peculiar one as you probably should've run into it by now. The racing is better, but they're still prone to taking idiotic lines in certain places, such as the entire area around the fast chicane in Australia where they're dangerous in at least 3 different places (just before the chicane where the car on the outside jinks to the left as if there's an invisible wall, in the middle of the chicane where the car on the inside going into the second part cuts the corner and loses control, and the kink just afterwards where the car on the left can easily destroy the car on the right as the AI's racing line tightens up too much - all of these happen with each other and not just when the player is around), and there are several places where if you're not coming into contact with them you're going too slow. The mechanical issues for the AI also only happen in singleplayer, with the MP AI having no such issues.
  • TheVelvetoneTheVelvetone Member Unleaded
    Operator1 said:

Some people just don't notice some issues that occur. It happens right in front of their eyes, but they continue driving & remain oblivious to the fact that something just happened that should not have happened.

Some people notice an issue but they don't realize it's a bug/glitch. They might think it's normal when it's not.

Some people just don't care much about some issues. They're not bothered by some issues, but other customers who are looking for a more realistic experience that more closely mimics the real-world sport are bothered by discrepancies between the game & the sport.

Some people don't play modes that might have more issues, like single-player career versus multi-player lobbies, etc.

Some people don't use the exact same combinations of options, settings, & peripherals that can trigger certain in-game bugs, so they never see those bugs.

Some people have not yet played the game long enough to reach the points where common issues start occurring.

Some issues might be platform-specific, so players on one platform may not experience issues that players on other platforms experience.

Some issues are seemingly random, so some people experience them while other don't. If it seems random, it might just mean that an explanation exists but the actual cause is currently undiscovered/unknown.

Some people don't post online about the issues they're experiencing.

Just because some people have not noticed some issues yet, it doesn't mean their copy of the game does not have those issues - it might only be a matter of time until those lucky folks run into issues themselves.

When quite a lot of people report the same issues, when there are YouTube videos showing the issues occurring, and/or when game companies acknowledge the issues & work on patches to fix them, then we can be sure that the issues are real - and nobody should ever be discouraged from reporting issues since we all get better games when issues are acknowledged & resolved.

You're trying to call us idiots? Some people have bugs others don't have. So that's the case here. We just don't have them. I've played this game, 2016, 2005 and 2004 for a while and I know where to look at. My first career season is almost done and I've had random shadows once in Monza, about 5 races where almost everybody has grid penalties, every practice session and qualification calculated AI times and I've always noticed the floating front wheels. For the rest I know characters just put something of their body right through the car of even their own clothes (skin Comes through) and sometimes **** has to load while you're looking at it, like a helmet.
  • simonatorHDsimonatorHD Member Pit Crew
    edited September 6
    perhaps some people can't see or dont mine about the bugs.....and others mine very much.......
    also maybe more problems on ps4 and less on ps4 pro
  • Laurent701Laurent701 Member Unleaded

Hi, since i deactivate the formation lap everything is working fine, just one time had to catch safety car after pitstop and don't reach it in time(30sec.) got an penalty. 
    With activated formation lap nothing of the flags and safety car and VSC rules works for me.
    It's a bit crazy!! 
  • Jan1905Jan1905 Member New Car Smell
    I play on ps4 and no bugs that would worry me. Some small thinks ok but nothing that would make me angry. I have safety car blue flags and all other things during the race and i play with Formation lap. Also the lets play videos YouTube on pc xbox and ps4 from other users are okay. Only Bug is the qualifiying time from the ai.