Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally FAQ

justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion

What is DiRT Rally?

DiRT Rally is the latest game in the DiRT series and we’re releasing it first in Early Access for PC and asking for help from our fans to develop it over time.

What is Early Access?

This is how Steam define what early access is

“Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community’s involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.

We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.

This is the way games should be made”

And that is exactly how we feel about it too; we want you to feel like part of the development team and help us build a better game.

When will it be available?

DiRT Rally is available now for PC via Steam. Surprise!

What do I get for my money?

At release DiRT Rally will include a total of 36 rally stages spread across Monte Carlo, Greece and Wales. We have a total of 17 cars, from 1960s classics right through to modern day machines. As time goes on we’ll be adding more cars, more environments, we’ll be climbing Pikes Peak and going door-to-door around a selection of the best circuits from the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship. We’ll also be adding features based on your feedback so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see included in future updates.

OK so how much does that extra stuff cost me?

Not a penny, regardless of when you join us for Early Access you’ll have access to all of our updates and all of the content we add during our Early Access period at no extra charge.

When is DiRT Rally coming to console?

For now, we’re focussed on Early Access. It’s really important to us that we make DiRT Rally the best game it can be and we can only do that with your help. Steam Early Access is the perfect place for us to do that. We believe that DiRT Rally is the game many of our fans want and right now, our plan is to develop DIRT Rally with community feedback and get that experience absolutely right. Once we have done that, if there is sufficient demand for the DIRT Rally experience on consoles, then of course we’ll consider that.

OK so how can I help?

There are loads of ways you can help; buying the game reinforces our belief that we’re making the game you all want, playing the game enables us to collect loads of useful data about the kinds of ways you play it. If you find a bug or something that’s not quite right we need you to give us as much information about it as you can and if you have an idea about how we can make DiRT Rally even better, we want to hear it.

Tell your friends about DiRT Rally, question our decisions and send us your screenshots and videos. We don’t want you to feel like part of a community, we want you to feel like part of the team.

How can I submit a bug?

Ideas are welcome everywhere but when it comes to reporting bugs we have a form that will help us get the information we need to fix it as quickly as possible. You’ll find all the info you need in the bug reporting section of the Steam and Codemasters Forums.

What are the system requirements for DiRT Rally?

Minimum Specifications

• Processor: AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.4Ghz
  • Memory: 4GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD5450 or Nvidia GT430 or Intel HD4000 with 1GB of VRAM
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 30GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard

Recommended Specifications

• Processor: AMD FX-8150 or Intel Core i5 4670K
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD R9 290 or Nvidia GTX780
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 30GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard

What wheels and controllers are supported by DiRT Rally?

• Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G25
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Racing Wheel
  • Fanatec Clubsport Base v1
  • Fanatec Clubsport Base v2

That’s not the final list, Other wheels will work, they are just not officially supported yet and we will continue to add support for more wheels and controllers as we go so if yours isn’t listed above let us know.

How can I keep up to date with the latest news?

However you feel most comfortable, we’ve tried to make DiRT Rally as easy to follow as possible. Our new shiny website dirtgame.com should be your first port of call; here we have blogs from the dev team, videos and our development timeline. You’ll also be able to check your stats and leaderboard standings, join or host a league, view your progress in our Online events and even launch the game right from your browser!

We also plan on hosting regular livestreams. These are a great chance for you to put a face to the name, ask us questions, get a sneak peek at what is coming in future packs and maybe even win some swag. Follow our Twitch.TV channel to get notifications when we go live.

The Steam Community hub and Codemasters Forums are a great place to meet other DiRT fans and talk to the development team. We’ve set up our very own DiRT subreddit which we’re hoping you’ll subscribe to and of course you can follow us on TwitterFacebookInstagram and Google+.

As with all things DiRT Rally related where we go from here is up to you, even this FAQ will change based on your feedback. It’s going to be an exciting few months for us.

Welcome to the team.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Comments

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
    WOOP!!!!!! Will buy it once I've finished installing my copy of DiRT1 :)

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• LedanekLedanek Member Unleaded
    Classic Pikes Peak?
    Win7Pro 64-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro / Intel C2D E8400 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ MSI R7870 AMD 14.501.1003.0/16GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 / CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 / Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech G27
  • joepineapplesjoepineapples Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2015
    Another probable FAQ...does it use the latest EGO Version 4 engine?.  And how soon for DFGT wheel to make the supported list...probably the most popular budget FF wheel.

On a side note, could you possibly get a 60fps version of the trailer out to Gamersyde :)

cheers

support your pc - buy the game
  • joepineapplesjoepineapples Member Pit Crew
    Ledanek said:
    Classic Pikes Peak?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-27-dirt-rally-could-well-be-codemasters-first-real-sim

"Taking to Pike's Peak, which will be available as the first significant update at the end of May"

support your pc - buy the game
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2015

so if you buy it on steam in early access you buy the full evrsion and no more money you need in release date...make clean plz this justbiglee

plus how many tracks cars will have the final version about??

when the full version will be ready?

• LedanekLedanek Member Unleaded
    Ledanek said:
    Classic Pikes Peak?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-27-dirt-rally-could-well-be-codemasters-first-real-sim

"Taking to Pike's Peak, which will be available as the first significant update at the end of May"
    dammit UncleJoePineapple...I'm supposed to buy petrol for my wife's car...I guess she's walking....thanks for listening Codie

Win7Pro 64-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro / Intel C2D E8400 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ MSI R7870 AMD 14.501.1003.0/16GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 / CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 / Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech G27
  • Anths95Anths95 Member Unleaded
    Has anyone used this with a Logitech Driving Force GT yet? That's what I have and I'm absolutely DYING to buy and start playing this game (I could have sat down on Santa's lap with a wishlist and not expected something better, honestly) but I can't drive without my wheel. If no one's tried it yet I guess I can wait until it's officially supported but that would be painful, so I'm hoping someone's tried it!

Seriously though, THANK YOU CODEMASTERS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT EXCEPT THE RELEASE DATE BEING THE WEEK BEFORE FINALS :smiley: 
    "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows." - Walter Rohrl
    dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com - my liveries
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Another probable FAQ...does it use the latest EGO Version 4 engine?.  And how soon for DFGT wheel to make the supported list...probably the most popular budget FF wheel.

On a side note, could you possibly get a 60fps version of the trailer out to Gamersyde :)

cheers
    Doesn't use to same engine is the new F1, I think Lee said it wouldn't work with what they wanted to achieve with dirt rally.

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• doyley101doyley101 Member Wheel Nut
    Truthfully, is it worth splashing the cash with a laptop hovering around the minimum specs? So wanna play this but not at 10fps... Am willing to run super low settings however :smile: , at least until you come to your senses and let us console peasants have a go :wink: 
  • LexmonteirobrLexmonteirobr Member New Car Smell
    1. Hi! Great news, I have a copule of questions: Does This game works under 32 bits Windows 7? Can I play with T300 Rs wheel? Thanks!
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited April 2015

Why paid early access (at a much higher price than many other early access games)?

Why pay testers if you can get testers to pay (handsomely)? Bug-hunting is the new meta-game! ;)

Is DiRT Rally just a rally-based counterpart to 2012's DiRT Showdown spin-off?

DiRT Rally almost seems like it could be DiRT 3 DLC (or a mod) with alternate physics/handling settings.

Is this what CodeMasters has been doing with the DiRT legacy over the last 4 years since the release of DiRT 3?

This seems more like baby steps than a 4-year leap forward.

Post edited by Operator1 on

*Disclaimer: my statements only represent my own musings, not "speaking for others" or "stating opinions as facts."

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/03/31/why-buyer-beware-is-a-terrible-excuse-for-bad-video-games/
    polygon.com/2014/8/20/6049157/Diablo-3-new-releases-wait-patience
    venturebeat.com/2013/12/10/well-fix-it-later-why-do-gamers-accept-brokenunfinished-products/
    gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-12-19-buggy-games-deserve-much-harsher-treatment
    eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat
    Partially functional games should not charge anywhere near full retail price. • If a game is ready to sell, it should be ready to play. • Launch day should not be the start of a public retail beta. • The impossibility of 'perfection' is no justification for poor quality. • Pre-ordering & buying games at launch is paying for the worst version of the game at its highest price - it'll function better after it's patched, and there are always discount sales later. Why pay full price up-front to be a post-launch beta tester? • As long as people continue buying it, companies will continue selling it. • If we want good quality, we have to stop buying & funding bad quality.

• stuartwoodstuartwood Member New Car Smell
    Any chance of Direct Drive FFB wheels being supported soon?

Need a tester for it?  Currently have an Open Sim Wheel project wheel and really want to use it, bought the game, but cant drive it.
  • RFTRFT Member New Car Smell
    Anths95 said:
    Has anyone used this with a Logitech Driving Force GT yet? That's what I have and I'm absolutely DYING to buy and start playing this game (I could have sat down on Santa's lap with a wishlist and not expected something better, honestly) but I can't drive without my wheel. If no one's tried it yet I guess I can wait until it's officially supported but that would be painful, so I'm hoping someone's tried it!

Seriously though, THANK YOU CODEMASTERS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT EXCEPT THE RELEASE DATE BEING THE WEEK BEFORE FINALS :smiley: 
    Yes, I was playing it on a DFGT last night. needs setting to 270 mode in the logitech setup, or saturation turning down in the game options, but other than that it's fine.
  • nokazutakicimonokazutakicimo Member New Car Smell
    edited May 2015
    Works with the T300RS, FFB not too realistic at this point but I understood that's the way it is with all wheels now.
    I'll need to find the time to play some more.
    Keep up the good work!
    Post edited by nokazutakicimo on
  • Charlie16Charlie16 Member New Car Smell
    i really hope codies can finally make the best rally game ever on the pc and port it over to the ps4 and xb1 as i only have a ps4 and am dying for a rally game as good as colin mcrae rally!!!
  • nokazutakicimonokazutakicimo Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    it looks like FFB isn't implementing the feel of the road, but I'll need to test more.
    I can only feel some FFB if I turn the wheel more than 90degrees but that's not the feel of the road/surface.
    I use wheel FFB settings to the max in the game.
  • Anths95Anths95 Member Unleaded
    RFT said:
    Anths95 said:

Yes, I was playing it on a DFGT last night. needs setting to 270 mode in the logitech setup, or saturation turning down in the game options, but other than that it's fine.
    thanks! I'll try that later today, I did play with it but it felt weird so I'll try changing those settings, thanks!
    "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows." - Walter Rohrl
    dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com - my liveries
  • TaintedDrifterTaintedDrifter Member New Car Smell
    Thanks sooooo much codemasters, you guys are awesome. I've been waiting for the next dirt instalment for a while now and I'm missing the series so much as I'm currently using a next gen console. Can't wait to see the game arrive for the PS4 and Xbox One (if it does - please). I've watched a lot of the early access gameplay and it looks dope. #GameOfTheYear
  • simracer99simracer99 Member New Car Smell
    can anyone tell me which key to use to get different color schemes on the cars in dirt rally please
  • odracir95odracir95 Member New Car Smell
    Ledanek said:
    Classic Pikes Peak?

I think he is talking about it being gravel (classic) or tarmac (new)