Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally feedback list

Comments

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• SpinelliBRSpinelliBR Member Unleaded
    My only wish now is to be CONFIRMED the console version.
  • arthur93arthur93 Member New Car Smell
    First of all, a huge thank you to codemasters for listening to the fans! Very rare these days. Overall, even as an early access, this game is amazing.

PROS
    1. Absolutely everything!!!

CONS
    1. Like other wheel users have said, if the steering wheel rotation can be fixed so its the same between the steering wheel input and in game that would be fantastic.
    2. Don't know too know too much of previous generation rally cars, but if they had a h-pattern manual, could that also be implemented into the game as I am a logitech g27 user and would love to use it.
    When in cockpit mode, the car shakes on rough surfaces which is great. Also, the steering wheel constantly moves in game but this isn't embedded into the force feedback of the steering wheel. If in real life the steering wheel can also move about just like in the game then that would be amazing. (correct me if I am wrong)
    3. This team isn't working on F1 games!!!
  • own996own996 Member New Car Smell
    I just wanted to say that the reason i bought the game yesterday is because i love your philisophy behind it. Back to the basics of rally, in a true simulation atmosphere, and using early access to get feedback from the community.
    I for one hope that the community will get behind this game and help you make it the next (insert your all-time favourite rally sim here....so RBR :) ).
    I didn't even get the time to play the game yet, but my first piece of advise would be to create some platform for user feedback form dirt: Rally. A single thread will become a huge mess. I'd say a subforum for Dirt:Rally, and then several subforums for each aspect of the game, so sound, graphics, controllers, wheels, physics, etc etc etc. Get abunch of moderators on those forums to keep track of registered (and solved) issues. This will surely get you more useful feedback, and will give you the chance to chose the community where you're going with the game.
    Good luck!
    i5 4670k, 16gb ram, 512GB SSD, 660ti 2GB SLI, thrustmaster TX wheel.
    1920x1080, all assists off, 540 degrees rotation, no deadzones, no linear steering, 100% saturation.
  • LedanekLedanek Member Unleaded
    edited April 2015
    at timeline 5:34

Win7Pro 64-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro / Intel C2D E8400 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ MSI R7870 AMD 14.501.1003.0/16GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 / CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 / Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech G27
  • monkiemurdiemonkiemurdie Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015

I see track IR (TrackIR) working in cockpit or bonnet (error) Dashboard view (no ingame support) but with the racing wheel it locks out my keyboard, I can't even Alt-Tab, so I had to configure the centre button (trackIR) on button 7 of the wheel.

andbody got any tips on wheel settings for FFB on T300RS either via thrustmaster or ingame config menus. I received the wheel and track IR today in prep. for pcars, No I ain't kidding.  So I am looking for tips.

system specs below.

I need more game time but for those with track ir this works already.

Last time I played a rally game was colin mcrae on ps one, I never played ps3 xbox 360 codemaster rally games.

this game reminds a lot of the original colin mcrae games.

Post edited by monkiemurdie on

CYA Monk (steam same as user id)

New to racing wheel Sim on pc. SYS:- 1900x1200, I7-4770K, 16gb, GTX TITAN, Thrustmaster T300RS, Track IR5

next upgrade wish 34" 3440x1440P

Dirt Rally settings Profile/game settings/ TC&SC Off, ABS 3 abandoned for online racing it takes off to much time, for too little reward. It needs fixed.

• DriftMachineDriftMachine Member New Car Smell
    LASER SCANNED TRACKS

To me the most important detail this project can have is Laser Scanned tracks. For this to be a true Sim, the tracks need to be made from track scans like true Sims. If small companies like Kunos can do this I am sure you guys can.

There are other things that need work like the feedback, but I am sure in the end most of the will be taken care of. I really hope these tracks are from official track scans or I will still be left wanting. I have sources for the track scans, but money will be the issue. I have been working on a database with no luck, but I have located many sources, the issue will be talking to the right person and licensing.

Bottom line, the true sim racers wont even consider this a sim in today's time unless you got official 3d track scans.
    Even cheap 3rd party dev tools are supporting it. http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning.aspx

• DiephuisDiephuis Member New Car Smell
    Dirt has covered for so long the need of a great rally game.
    Yet it never really covered THE rally race of each year where only the elite of the elite fight to become 1st.
    Dakar.

It would be great to have a Dakar in DIRT
  • vmax330vmax330 Member New Car Smell
    Big fan of Richard Burns Rally, I bought Dirt Rally yesterday and it's a good surprise. But the game doesn't allow me to use graphic settings other than low. If I try something else, I need to quit with ctrl + alt + supr. In low, MSI afterburner say my FPS are 125-130 so I'm sure I can use other settings... I have a Core i5-3570 3,4 GHz, an AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 Go, 16 Go of RAM Kingston, a SSD 128 GO + an HDD 1 To. It's still beautiful in low and the special stages are really interesting, nice beginning for this new game. 
  • mspannamspanna Member New Car Smell
    Registered on this forum as I wanted to say how great Dirt Rally is.  I am a massive rally game fan with RBR being my favourite.
    Dirt Rally is right up there with it,it  doesn't handle the same but its as enjoyable and testing as RBR.  The handling is way way better than other rally games in the past (bar RBR).

Only feedback I have so far is 
    - Logitech G27 full support (proper FFB)
    - Can Dirt Rally be the first rally game to have other cars on stage, as in real life so if they have had a problem you can catch and try pass them (or you be passed if you are rubbish! :)  or if that's not possible have random stationary broken down competitors at the side of the road.  I was thinking how great it would look passing a car with steam/smoke pouring out of it at the side or it missing a wheel or something like that.

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Can we get Colins liveries for the cars he drove?, was disappointed when I found out I couldn't have his livery on my Sierra

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• ThierryNeuvilleThierryNeuville Member Petrol Head

First off all, Amazing job about the stages! Its even better then I played in Southam!
    They are real rally stages.

About the feedback,.. well i just played if for 1,5 hour, but this is my first feedback.
    What i do missed where the new R class rallycars ( R1, R2 ,R3,R5) Specially this are the new generation and the future. I think this would make the career mode nicer and better, instead of just roundom rallycars. But this is my point of view.

Futhermore ( I couldnt chose or didnt figured out yet) Is that I am not alloud to chose the type of tires.
    I specially would love to chose, for example at Monte Carlo,.. do u want to play it on save and use the spikes tires? Or take the tarmac tires and risk the icy part.

I will play tonight some more and come back with some more feedback this month. Althrough its gona be a busy month May, with 2 big rallies for me... Anyway i will try to play :)

" If in doubt, Flat out! "
  • BowtomeBowtome Member New Car Smell
    So far so good. People must remember this is early access and there will be many bugs.

My system chose Ultra Graphics and they looks superb.

I have all pace notes, voice overs etc. The co-pilot is way louder than the other sounds, but you can adjust the sounds to have co-pilot louder than engine, or other effects. I am playing on default.

I only played on Keyboard so far, which was good, I will get my wheel out at the weekend.

So far thumbs up

• monkiemurdiemonkiemurdie Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015

not enough pull (veering) when on a flat tyre IMHO.

(track MC approach, tarmac 98%, Mini)

liked the rim noises when I eventually lost the tyre though.

CYA Monk (steam same as user id)

New to racing wheel Sim on pc. SYS:- 1900x1200, I7-4770K, 16gb, GTX TITAN, Thrustmaster T300RS, Track IR5

next upgrade wish 34" 3440x1440P

Dirt Rally settings Profile/game settings/ TC&SC Off, ABS 3 abandoned for online racing it takes off to much time, for too little reward. It needs fixed.

• PharenPharen Member New Car Smell
    Played for a couple of hours, here's my first impressions:
    The sound: can we please have some more realistic sound for cars? I am a huge fan of group B and none of the cars in it sound right. I often watch videos of them and the game doesn't seem to get the engine sound and especially the deep tones of these monsters right.
    The tracks: looking very good so far, will have to log some serious hours in to find out whether or not they are in fact unique unlike the last Dirt game (which as we all know was a single stage cut into sections for its "tracks"). We need a lot more locations though. Also please put in the classic Pikes Peak when you make hillclimb, the old gravel version.
    The cars: selections not too shabby so far, want these cars though: Citroen Xsara, Audi Quattro S1 (with the body kit), Citroen DS3, Citroen C2, Toyota Celica GT4, Lancia 037, Ford Focus, Volkswagen Polo, Peugeot 206, and Mitsubishi lancer Evo 7.
    Handling: Maybe I just suck, but something about the cars handling feels off.
    Misc: If we pop a tyre, can we have the option to replace the tyre?(If we have a spare) with a short cutscene or something?
    That's all for now, first impressions and all.

• ScorpioGTScorpioGT Member New Car Smell
    Hi all. Thanks to CM for this very cool rally simgame (not quite sure if more of a sim or more of a game).
    I'm no rally expert ( i mainly use circuit sims) but i really see some realism and potential here. The grip of the car on different surfaces is just spot on. I love it.
    Will need to test better the setup changes and see how they affect the car behaviour. So far i 've tested the gear ratio, improving acceleration on the otherwise in a coma Lancia Fulvia, and brake bias, moving it to 50/50 (Lancia Fulvia) improves cornering quite a bit.
    The 2 suggestions that pops in my mind right now are:
    I would definitely improve the FFB, and add mouse support on the menu, for a better user experience.
    BUGS ENCOUNTERED:
    -Is the speedo showing the correct speed??? I changed to Metric units but the car (according to the speedo) seems to go much slower then actually is.
    -Game freezes when try to overwrite a car setup after i made changes. 
    - Not possible to go back to full screen if i Alt+Tab to windows (eg to start Fraps or check FB) unless going to options and setting Full Screen to ON again.
    QUESTION:
    How do i change the co-pilot language?
    AMD A10 6800K
    ASUS R9 280 3GB DDR5
    8GB 2400 Corsair Vengeance PRO
    1 x SSD 120GB
    1 x SSHD 1TB
    3 x screens (20")
    Logitech G25
    Custom pedals based on G25 with Leo Bodnar's load cell board and load cell (40kg) on brake pedal
  • SharkyOBSharkyOB Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015

Amazing job guys!  Well impressed with the game so far.  Positives include:

- Great handling, only tried the 60s Mini but so far, so good.

- Realistic pace notes, best I've heard in a rally game.

- Great list of cars.

- Brilliant stages (in Greece and Wales anyway!)

A couple of things that I'd like to see:

- Better ffb, I'm not sure it's working at all on my Thrustmaster TX wheel.  Rumble is there but minimal/no ffb.

- Ability to change the seating position in the in car view.  At the moment I think there's too much interior and not enough road so I'd like to be able to move the seat forward.  Have I missed this though?

• AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Steward
    - Not possible to go back to full screen if i Alt+Tab to windows (eg to start Fraps or check FB) unless going to options and setting Full Screen to ON again.
    Press alt-enter.
  • own996own996 Member New Car Smell

First off all, Amazing job about the stages! Its even better then I played in Southam!
    They are real rally stages.

About the feedback,.. well i just played if for 1,5 hour, but this is my first feedback.
    What i do missed where the new R class rallycars ( R1, R2 ,R3,R5) Specially this are the new generation and the future. I think this would make the career mode nicer and better, instead of just roundom rallycars. But this is my point of view.

Futhermore ( I couldnt chose or didnt figured out yet) Is that I am not alloud to chose the type of tires.
    I specially would love to chose, for example at Monte Carlo,.. do u want to play it on save and use the spikes tires? Or take the tarmac tires and risk the icy part.

I will play tonight some more and come back with some more feedback this month. Althrough its gona be a busy month May, with 2 big rallies for me... Anyway i will try to play :)

May i assume from this comment that you're on board with Codemasters to provide them feedback during the further development of this game?
    i5 4670k, 16gb ram, 512GB SSD, 660ti 2GB SLI, thrustmaster TX wheel.
    1920x1080, all assists off, 540 degrees rotation, no deadzones, no linear steering, 100% saturation.