Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally feedback list

Comments

• y2kfredy2kfred Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015

I was really supprised to see Dirt series is going back to it's Colin roots - that's really great.

My wish for the game:
    Increase the immersion with more rally fan crowds near track.
    You can see it in the old 80's group B documentations like "Too fast to race".
    I know this where crazy and dangerous times, however this feeling would be great in the game.

Post edited by y2kfred on
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    own996 said:

First off all, Amazing job about the stages! Its even better then I played in Southam!
    They are real rally stages.

About the feedback,.. well i just played if for 1,5 hour, but this is my first feedback.
    What i do missed where the new R class rallycars ( R1, R2 ,R3,R5) Specially this are the new generation and the future. I think this would make the career mode nicer and better, instead of just roundom rallycars. But this is my point of view.

Futhermore ( I couldnt chose or didnt figured out yet) Is that I am not alloud to chose the type of tires.
    I specially would love to chose, for example at Monte Carlo,.. do u want to play it on save and use the spikes tires? Or take the tarmac tires and risk the icy part.

I will play tonight some more and come back with some more feedback this month. Althrough its gona be a busy month May, with 2 big rallies for me... Anyway i will try to play :)

May i assume from this comment that you're on board with Codemasters to provide them feedback during the further development of this game?
    We're all on board with codemasters to provide feedback, hence why it's early access. 
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • AzoresstAzoresst Member Petrol Head
    edited April 2015
    List updated! If I forgot something please MP me...

Please continue to give more feedback and wishes! Check the DiRT Rally timeline here: https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline#timeline_18

About the console version thing. The game is in Early acess now, looks like some people want them (me too) but I won't put it on the feedback list. Lets wait for the full release of the game and then talk about it...
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• wezel1977wezel1977 Member Unleaded
    edited April 2015
    Thx codemasters finally a true rally game!!this game has a lot of potential i hope that the car sounds get more realistic( miss the turbo sound) and more older nineties and eighties rally cars are added.This is the kind of game we need on pc a real sim!!
    I7 5930K@4.5@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Kingston hyper X  Savage 2400mhz Asrock X99X killer Fatality Samsung 840gb pro 1x256+1x500gb 850EVO+14Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 TI SC Corsair HX850 LG 29-inch Corsair obsidian 750D
    I7 4790k@4.6@Corsair H100i 16G Corsair Dominator 1600mhz Asus Z97C Samsung 840gb EVO 1x250+3Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 SC Corsair TX650v2 LG 27-inch Coolermaster advanced 2 w/sidewindow
  • zamex23sszamex23ss Member New Car Smell
    Great start codemasters...that said..
    Some things needs to be fixed.
    1. 900 degrees wheel support, game should adjust to every car seperatly 
    2. FOV and camera customization in game, for dashboard camera and cockpit cam
    3. Removable arms and steering wheel
    4. Cars have too much drift, Group B if you look at old recordings they slide all the time, right now in game they are sticked to the ground
    5. I don't know, but handbrake feel strange to use..maybe just to me
    6. FFB is way off right now, no feel whats happening with car
    7. More drifty cars in general.
  • AndrepigAndrepig Member New Car Smell
    I don't know if your taking suggestions for tracks but I would like to see the madeira rally included as I have never seen it included in any rally game before. It's a tight technical Tarmac rally which I believe will be really enjoyable to play. 

Also well done on making a solid rally game 
  • mtbboy1mtbboy1 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    mabye it already does ahev ot i dotn know not tried the early acsess yet.
    but here are soem of my suggestions and i agree with your suggetions.
    ability to removoe hands
    multiple controller support like buttonboxes,shifters,handbrakes, connected at the same time
    ability to use both sequential shifter and h shifter withotu changing the settings,
    multiview for triple screen so you the view o nthe sides will no be weird
    seen a vid on youtube saying it does nto ahve clutch,please add that no sim without it.
    let us make skisn for the game,give us tempaltes,make it poossible for others to see the skisn in multiplayer.

Post edited by mtbboy1 on
  • ScorpioGTScorpioGT Member New Car Smell
    zamex23ss said:
    Great start codemasters...that said..
    Some things needs to be fixed.
    1. 900 degrees wheel support, game should adjust to every car seperatly 
    2. FOV and camera customization in game, for dashboard camera and cockpit cam
    3. Removable arms and steering wheel
    4. Cars have too much drift, Group B if you look at old recordings they slide all the time, right now in game they are sticked to the ground
    5. I don't know, but handbrake feel strange to use..maybe just to me
    6. FFB is way off right now, no feel whats happening with car
    7. More drifty cars in general.
    Agree. Especially on the removable arms and wheel. And the steering degrees and FFB.
    About the grip and the group B cars i don;t know, try to go faster maybe :)
    Handbrake i think it's ON/OFF, so once you pull it, it's 100%. Should be configured in a way that you can use an axis rather than a button. For now, i just pull it very briefly, and it works almost the same.
    AMD A10 6800K
    ASUS R9 280 3GB DDR5
    8GB 2400 Corsair Vengeance PRO
    1 x SSD 120GB
    1 x SSHD 1TB
    3 x screens (20")
    Logitech G25
    Custom pedals based on G25 with Leo Bodnar's load cell board and load cell (40kg) on brake pedal
  • mtbboy1mtbboy1 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    Well, I think superb so far. This is really what I've been waiting for since CMR 1 on PSX and RBR on PC. Thrilled to see it guys! However I really think you should be looking to compete even further with RBR. That game is brutally unforgiving, and this game is just a tad easier. Don't be afraid to give us a challenge guys!

Also a few comments on stuff that isn't really there yet, but what I would like to see nonetheless:

1. PLEASE NO KEN BLOCK OR FIREWORKS PLEASE GOD.
    2. If you're going to have separate events (rally cross dakar gymkhana (again please no) etc), can you split them into their own career modes. I didn't finish a lot of the dirt games past a certain point because I ignored those silly gymkhana events, and was gimped from progressing by a game mode I hate.
    3. Comprehensive engine damage; cracked cylinders, snapping belts, sheared mounts/ anything that might come from you not spending enough time on repairs/mechanics.
    4. 400 degree steering animation? Kind of looks a bit arcadey that the cockpit driver only steers on a 180 axis. 

gymgkana as dead in dirt 3 only soem activity in the early days.
    i assume this game will be rally only,or atleast offroad only.
    dirt 3 had rallycross but there was no qualifying that was bad.
    try to make better ai in this game ai in dirt 3 were agressive and some times mentally ill trying to kill them selfs. 
    ddirt 2 multiplayer is dead too.
  • neXibneXib Member New Car Smell
    Really enjoying the game so far, closest thing to RBR when it comes to great rally game. Hope you'll improve Rift support with menus too as that's next on my list. So far been trying with a 360 controller and screen only, and that's worked well.

When it comes to cars I'd like to see more of the special cars, like the RX-7 rally cars in the RWD category. I have driven enough Impreza's to last me a lifetime even if I know they are great and there's many versions for a reason.
  • xGabe62xxGabe62x Member New Car Smell
    I feel that the front wheel drive cars act more like the rear wheel drive cars should!
    Front wheel drive cars should be a lot more stable. Especially in a straight line!
    On the snow and ice they are virtually impossible to control,  which is the opposite of the real world situation.
  • xGabe62xxGabe62x Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    Although the weather effects are brilliant, there is a severe hit to fps performance. So unless you have an uber pc,  you need to decide whether to afjust graphics for fine weather or poor weather.  

It would be useful if the weather settings could be tweaked a little more to allow a more equitable performance,  in terms of fps, for any given combination of graphical  settings. 

Could the graphics be auto-scaled when it is raining? Or maybe you could  have more sliders and explanations as to what the weather sliders actually do?   

Alternatively the main graphics such as tree quality or textures could be reduced automatically when it is rainy. Otherwise it becomes a real pain requiring constant tweaking, compromising on graphics settings,  or a monster pc -  when it wouldn't matter!  

Just a thought. 
  • akiskevakiskev Member New Car Smell
    Physics are interesting.
    Road and bumps feel nice, but other than that the FFB needs some work. Now it only tries to center the wheel regardless of the car angle. It's like it only has a static centering spring. That's the main reason opposite locks feel very unnatural and difficult to do.

Opposite lock should be done almost by itself like here:

Or this (although this is on a tarmac terrain, principle is the same)

Youtube
    PC: I5 4670k 4.4GHz, Asus Ranger Z97, 8 GB, AMD 7870XT 2GB
    O/S: Win 8.1 64bit
    Wheel: Custom Direct Drive Servo Wheel (OSW / MMOS)
  • ScorpioGTScorpioGT Member New Car Smell
    PS. I forgot:
    Proper Manual shifting on older cars?
    AMD A10 6800K
    ASUS R9 280 3GB DDR5
    8GB 2400 Corsair Vengeance PRO
    1 x SSD 120GB
    1 x SSHD 1TB
    3 x screens (20")
    Logitech G25
    Custom pedals based on G25 with Leo Bodnar's load cell board and load cell (40kg) on brake pedal
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Here's a weird one. If I run the game on Ultra it runs fine, if I start downgrading the grafix my framerate drops :|

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• JorritVDJorritVD Member Unleaded
    wow, didn't expected the DiRT rally announcement at all. I don't have a strong enough PC to play the new DiRT, but have watched YouTube footage and read the material on the website. Console version, yes please. :tongue: 

Early Access concept is a good idea. Both for your cashflows and development of the game. Also to get the community behind the game. Question is if you want to have a private section in the forum for the guys who have bought the early access package, so they can do specific feedback on certain parts of the game, while everyone can do general feedback in the 'open' area.

The graphics looks great, the stages especially. The User Interface looks clean which I like. Loving the new pacenote system interface. Though the cars look a bit like they are a direct port from DiRT 3. Not that is that is a big deal, but I saw the MINI WRC for example, that is still the concept car with its stupid rear wing, which annoys me. Would really like to see that car in its real spec.

Physics / Handling / Accesability of the game. The handling looks great aswell. I has a bit of the feeling from RBR when I watched the videos, but also a bit of DiRT3. So that combination is positive imo. But on the Monte Carlo stages it looks like the cars still have much grip. On dry asphalt that is o.k., but on slushy, or icy parts for example the car still has a bit to much grip. Would like to see this more extremer. When a WRC car crosses a river os melting ice, that it will be spinning its wheels. Though this could also be the drivers who drive to slow in the videos, haha. While DiRT Rally goes into the direction of simulation, how accesabil will the game be? For me its no problem, for some groups of people it could be very difficult without f.e. flashbacks or a bit more arcadish handling. Maybe a optional driving school is a good idea for that?

Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenge sound great. The one attempt idea sounds good, will be interesting to see how that will develop. Also cannot wait to see the first Rallycross footage, especially with World RX announced. Plus the team management the game really has a lot of potential. Also I am happy to see that the CM team has a certain vision how the game has to look like, and the community can help to make the vision more clear. At Assetto Corsa they also did this. AC looked to have a lot of potential (it still has), but somehow during the road they changed so much, so the game completly changed and became to much Project CARS imo. I don't think that will hapen with DiRT Rally. 

Btw, I did a bit of copy-paste of the YouTube video:

Why is the Mini WRC at the 00's WRC? Is should be together with the Polo, i20, DS3 and Fiesta. Also would like to see the Yaris with it. I also see the Beetle Rallycross car. Can we expect GRC aswell?

That's it for now, going to watch the DiRT show episode one later, so maybe I'll post something later aswell :wink: 
  • DanJoe001DanJoe001 Member New Car Smell
    Having something like Goodwood in England (as it has both a rally stage and a hillclimb where you see all the top drivers like ogier, loeb showing off)  as like a special stage would be quite nice. Would offer something that most other games don't offer, also the special stages in WRC would be good in this game. It would just add to the realism and add to what its like being a rally driver!
  • wezel1977wezel1977 Member Unleaded
    I'm glad there is no Gymkhana or Ken Block Special in this game just keep it a pure rally game with high realism i think most of us are waiting for this kind of game a long time.As said before sounds could be better i see some people reporting about strange handbrake and stuff but its a bit getting used to, i must admit the car interiors should also get more realistic and as i said before more turbo sounds ;)i would also like more realistic skins for the cars like the lancia in martini colors etc ;).Keep it up codemasters this could be a winner.
    I7 5930K@4.5@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Kingston hyper X  Savage 2400mhz Asrock X99X killer Fatality Samsung 840gb pro 1x256+1x500gb 850EVO+14Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 TI SC Corsair HX850 LG 29-inch Corsair obsidian 750D
    I7 4790k@4.6@Corsair H100i 16G Corsair Dominator 1600mhz Asus Z97C Samsung 840gb EVO 1x250+3Tb storage EVGA GTX 980 SC Corsair TX650v2 LG 27-inch Coolermaster advanced 2 w/sidewindow