Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally feedback list

Comments

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2015

:| will be rallycross and online multiplayer , in the future..?

• CopiloteCopilote Member New Car Smell
    Azoresst said:
    Hello guys.

DiRT Rally got released today (Early acess) and the team wants to hear the feedback from all! I want to do something like the wishlist, where you post the feedback and I will make a list.

Feedback list:

General (Physics, etc.):

- 4WD 2010's cars feel way to stiff. Should be a bit more slippery in overall;
    - "Comprehensive engine damage, cracked cylinders, snapping belts, sheared mounts/anything that might come from you not spending enough time on repairs/mechanics";
    - No checkpoints with clock result;
    - Number of kilometers for each special is not displayed as well as track layout;
    - When we hit finish line, the race finish...we should be able to continue driving to the service tent;
    - Wind sound increasing as the car is getting faster would help evaluate the sense of speed.
    - Manual wipers;
    - Dust accumulation on windshield;
    - Switch headlights on/off;
    - Add helicopters;
    - Position of the grid should be dynamically simulated. Depending if you're the first driver of the day to race or the last, you can see track degradation and wear. For example, more rocks, mud and skidmarks, so starting last is more challenging;
    - We should be able to see cars behind and car starting in front of us, and be able to catch up with the front drivers;
    -Add random events in race like crashed cars, rocks and obstacles, so the same special feels different even if you play it twice;
    - Car in snow specials should swivel from left to right at the starting lines;
    - Create an easier AI times for new gamers;

Stages/locations/disciplines:
    - Laser scanned tracks;

Modders:
    - Make the livery files easier to get to;

+1 with this ideas !

-It's important to add some degradation of road. for example when we are on tarmac, the road is often full of gravel because the first competitor take inside of the turn.

-See a car crash or mechanical failure ahead of the road would make the game more realistic. In real, i see a lot of car stopped in stage when i go in ! 

• JackKeyJackKey Member Wheel Nut
    Here's a weird one. If I run the game on Ultra it runs fine, if I start downgrading the grafix my framerate drops :|
    Maybe its only optimized for highest details so far. PErsonally I must say the game looks great, but only in highest settings. Dirt 2 and 3 always looked great whatever detail you choose. Here it seems for me, the game only great when maxed out, everything below that isn't really that pleasing anymore.
  • JackKeyJackKey Member Wheel Nut
    I just noticed:

After playing with controller, the game deleted all my key-bindings for the keyboard. All are reset to default it seems.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Would like to see a livery available soon? Sorry if it's already implemented but i've just started downloading the game. :)
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• SharkyOBSharkyOB Member New Car Smell
    This stuff could do with being split into separate forums/threads too.  Feedback is going to get lost here otherwise.
  • OstbullenOstbullen Member New Car Smell
    I would love me some volvo 240 <3

(Picture from Stiknord)
    • Asus GTX 780 oc 3gb
    • Asus Z87-A
    • 16 gb ram @ 1600 mhz
    • Intel Core i7 4770K stock
    • Corsair H60
  • DanedgarDanedgar Member New Car Smell
    Hello  <3
    Improve hand brake, the car is stopped to pull the handbrake, and should to slide but that after the car goes faster without getting stopped
  • TrickleGERTrickleGER Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    Suggestion - Multiplayer:

Being able to sit down on the Co-Pilot's seat and direct your (human) Pilot through the course.
    "Just" another Camera Angle in the Car and a look at the notebook where, in the test & training runs, the co-pilot can take notes.
    Maybe headshaking and impacts should be visible so the Co-Pilot has, apart from the track itself, use the mouse or the analog stick to keep his view at the notebook and be in constant communication with the driver.

My friends and I are in hope for such a multiplayer mode for years and it would really suit the ambitions you are trying to fulfil with Dirt Rally.

Idea Summary:

• What is it all about:  The need of pace notes, reconnaissance drive and intense atmosphere while communicating in team.
    • Mode: Co-Pilot as a Multiplayer part / e.g. Co-Op/Team Up-Mode Career with Pilot/Co-Pilot setup and buying cars, radios, etc)
      Each stage should have the possiblity for 1 or 2 test/training/ reconaissance runs to help the co-pilot to take notes during challenges.
      Co-Pilot necessary especially when it comes to tuned/ setup cars; as faster speeds are possible and the pilot has to rely on it
    • Controls: Keyboard, Mouse / Analog Stick
      Keyboard especially to take notes, Arrow Keys to turn pages of the notebook / Maybe even the slide of the finger downwards the page of the notebook could be visible to not lose the thread. (cf. Camera)
    • Camera: Suffers from impacts, positive and negative acceleration, player can (has to) "counter-steer" the camera to keep eyes on road or notebook.
    • Audio: Voice-Over-Net should be an option, if possible with a filter, indicating the radio distortions (which can be improved by buying a better radio setup during the career - Unfortunately Teamspeak use would by-pass this idea. - maybe a compulsory TS3-plugin like TFAR for ArmA3 or at least for hardcore enthusiasts? 

• Possibilites: It would be a nice esport-mode.

• Difficulties: There should be many track variants for each track, so that the Pilot needs to know the informations given by the co-pilot.
      Setup cars can take turns in larger speeds - the team has to try out the stage and take notes together, the Pilot's comments during the test runs would be extremely important to the co-pilot and vice versa in the real stage run.
      Under no circumstances the driver should be able to have kind of "radar", length or time informations given by the game. (except the tachometer of the car of course)

I hope I was able to point out the idea.

• KostekManKostekMan Member New Car Smell
    Hello Everyone!

I bought new DIRT just becouse devs said they want to do true rally sim. As a former member of RBRczech community(with some succesess) I was delighted that after all this years somebody has finally come up with this idea :)
    I am hoping that EA will help this game to beat RBR and create another amazing community.

Here are my ideas to improve the game:
    • allow modders to create new cars/tracks
    • implement tire choice - just like you did it in CMR4/5 
    • IMHO cars are a bit too glued to the surface. It is very hard to lose grip.
    • I was a bit disappointed with Monte Carlo stages. On termac its nearly impossible to go sideways, the grip is very good, and when you drive on snow grip is comparable to driving on gravel. If you watch just one video from WRC/IRC Monte Carlo, you will see that on snow cars has nearly 0 grip, and drivers use like 30% of throttle just to have some control over the car. It would be fine if we could use snow tires, but then car should be hard to control on termac(you can check in Rally Championship 2000)
    • Another reference to RC2000 - more very long stages - maybe not 50 KM but these 15 KM(like Noiker in RBR) are cool.
    • In-depth car setup. Every racing sim(and RBR) allows you to go deeper with car mechanics like geometry or differentials and it feels amazing when after 2 hours of testing you finally find this one perfect setup. The easy one which is implemented now should be an option for those, who don't care about the length of steering rod ;)
    • Subaru engine doesn't sound like 2-liter turbocharged boxer at all ;)
    Generally the game is fun, but physics is similar to WRC and previous DIRT series, I hope by the time of EA devs will take our feedback into consideration and create the best rally sim ever made ;)
  • GasClownGasClown Member New Car Smell
    Firstly, top start and it seems like a lot of the issues are covered here anyway.

My main concern is the FFB (like others). Just the general feel of the car whilst you're driving feels like you're not on a rough gravel surface (for instance). You can see the hands on the steering wheel jiggling around (if that makes any sense), yet you aren't feeling it in the actual wheel so matching the wheel animations on screen with the actual FFB would be awesome. Also over bumps, I want to feel that in the wheel as well. Anyway - early days... keep up the good work!

Ps. Great to read such a positive vibe in these forums.
    • INTEL 4790K
    • ASUS STRIX 980SLI
    • ASUS Z97WS
    • 16Gb RAM @ 2100Mhz
    • DELL U3415W
    • T300RS/T3PA/TH8A
  • Pferreirag60Pferreirag60 Member New Car Smell
    I cannot understand why so many praise RBR as the most perfect rally sim.... I ´m sorry, it was not... if that was like the real think, almost all rally drivers had died a terrible horrible death :)   difficult does n´t mean SIM!

Anyway, great work Codemasters!! Finally you have read my dreams !  Just hope that you listening the community, and deliver the best possible Rally Sim.
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Steward

Feel free to ignore but, about the soundtrack, I think a remix of the following might be in order :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrOv5PmlVjI

• AmHareAmHare Member New Car Smell
    Would enjoy more with pace notes working properly.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I cannot understand why so many praise RBR as the most perfect rally sim.... I ´m sorry, it was not... if that was like the real think, almost all rally drivers had died a terrible horrible death :)   difficult does n´t mean SIM!

Anyway, great work Codemasters!! Finally you have read my dreams !  Just hope that you listening the community, and deliver the best possible Rally Sim.
    People are always praising RBR, but imo it's really not that realistic (although it has been quite a while since I played it). Personally, this is easily the most realistic rally game ever made

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• xGabe62xxGabe62x Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015
    There is NO surface differential feedback provided for in the coding of the game !!!

Checked the effectsetup xml file in the feedback folder and there are no setting for different surfaces as there is in the older Dirt games -and indeed - Grid Autosport.
    Why have they striped out all the feedback elements if this is meant to be a sim ???
  • BowtomeBowtome Member New Car Smell
    This is what the early access and forums are for, to make it perfect for the fans. So don't moan it isn't there yet, just keep giving good feedback...
  • MAXSPOONERMAXSPOONER Member New Car Smell
    I'd like to see more FWD cars like this Corolla GTI

• SharkyOBSharkyOB Member New Car Smell
    xGabe62x said:
    There is NO surface differential feedback provided for in the coding of the game !!!

Checked the effectsetup xml file in the feedback folder and there are no setting for different surfaces as there is in the older Dirt games -and indeed - Grid Autosport.
    Why have they striped out all the feedback elements if this is meant to be a sim ???

I'm not sure you've understood the concept of early access there.