Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally - Force Feedback

Soo..First of all. Great sound, graphics are also good. But...what's with the Force Feedback? I have a Fanatec CSR, and I have no feeling for the car at all. I've tried a lot of settings for the wheel, but, I don't know. It's like driving without any Force Feedback, just a little bit of resistance in the wheel. I don't know if I'm the only person with that problem, but this really has to be fixed if this game should be a simulator.

Comments

• EthanDean57EthanDean57 Member Unleaded
    Agreed. Right now, it feels like a centering spring with vibration, and nothing more. If it had a feel at least like DiRT 3, then that'd be a considerable improvement.
  • MrPixMrPix Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2015

@DannNimmDenName - you summed up what I was going to type, no steering FFB at all with the CSWv2

@EthanDean57 -  what wheel do you have as I have zero centering spring on the CSWv2.

• DukoDuko Member New Car Smell
    Yeah i have a Fanatec CSW2 and the forcefeedback feels very disconnected from the physics. Maybe the physics are great and realistic, but i can´t feel it in the wheel. 

- No Feeling of weight transfer. Should lighten up when accelerating and has to be stronger when braking.
    - Why is the FFB so damped and strong when countersteering? Feels disconnected and unprecise
    - On little jumps the ffb should lighten completly and in depressions you should feel a higher resistance
    - Why is the ingame wheel shaking and i can´t feel anything of that in my FFB wheel? These effects are completly faked because the physics should effect my forcefeedback and only when my wheel shakes, the ingame wheel should shake with it!!! Those canned fake effects are an absolutely no-go in a simulation.

There have to be more options for FFB in the menus

As he said, Graphics are really good and sounds are one of the best of all racing games. I would say the biggest issue you have to work on is the FFB
    +1

same feeling 100%
  • matisch89matisch89 Member New Car Smell
    Hello i have a Logitech G27 and it just feels like theres no force feedback at all even at 100% i don´t fell the bumps at all and steering is very soft. Also steering feels werid to the point its hard to make a hairpin, car doesnt seem to react correctly to my wheel.
  • EthanDean57EthanDean57 Member Unleaded
    MrPix said:

@DannNimmDenName - you summed up what I was going to type, no steering FFB at all with the CSWv2

@EthanDean57 -  what wheel do you have as I have zero centering spring on the CSWv2.

T500. I don't have centering spring set on in the profiler, or anything like that. I never run it for anything.
  • CamasiCamasi Member New Car Smell
    Maybe they haven't put it in the game yet? It would be odd though 
    edited April 2015

cswv2 is in game and recognised.... I'm messing with effectsetup.xml and am having 'some' luck in getting a kind of better feeling... but it needs proper input by codies.

EDIT: To summarise, with the CSWv2, I get surface traction (grip) when I should get traction loss (slip) I have not tried negative scales yet, but have got it feeling better, but nowhere near what it should be... it's inverse! Simple as!

EDIT2: even with negative scales, it feels better, but still inverse

Post edited by MrPix on
  • KCSmokeKCSmoke Member Unleaded
    edited April 2015

Same here, T500. FFB weak and wrong.

Edit: Overall a giant step in the right direction though, well done.

Post edited by KCSmoke on
    I recall having to set my G25/G27 settings in some games to inverse FFB. I know that Codies (Southam) have mainly G25/G27 setups to test on.... maybe other wheel manufacturers have not been implemented fully yet as it is early access... this would make sense... I'm not going to pick this up again until Codies have addressed other wheels than Logitech.  10/10 till I see you again, over and out.
  • DUMBUNNY360DUMBUNNY360 Member New Car Smell
    I have the Accuforce Wheel. Ingame I have a huge deadspot in the wheel. Maybe this wheel is not supported yet. I do not have any wheel settings ingame and everytime I start the game I have to rebind the controls they do not save! I hope this game gets proper API output to support Simxperience!  
  • Avenga76Avenga76 Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2015
    I have the Accuforce Wheel. Ingame I have a huge deadspot in the wheel. Maybe this wheel is not supported yet. I do not have any wheel settings ingame and everytime I start the game I have to rebind the controls they do not save! I hope this game gets proper API output to support Simxperience!  
    Hi. I have an Accuforce also.

I have created a workaround that removes the deadzone and gets the wheel going. You need to use the SimXperience FFB because the game FFB is so bad. The good thing is that the SimXperience FFB uses telemetry so you don't have any of this weak canned FFB that others are complaining about.

Make sure you turn on road bumps also because it really makes the game come alive.

It is a pretty long winded guide but it will get you going. Give me a PM either here or on ISRtv if you have any problems getting your Accuforce going.

Here is the link http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17665-accuforce-and-non-supported-wheel-fix/
    Post edited by Avenga76 on
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Member Unleaded
    Same for me. T500RS.

Feels like centering spring and vibration. Very weak despite settings being high.
    PC - 4.7Ghz i7 6700K, GTX980Ti (@1500/2000), Windows 10.
    T300 with F1 Rim & T500 pedals. Samsung 4K KS8000, Oculus CV1.
  • DescadentDescadent Member New Car Smell
    ffb? what ffb?
  • AraripeAraripe Member New Car Smell
    My Logitech Momo always disconnects when I try to enter a stage. Is there a fix?
    Descadent said:
    ffb? what ffb?
    FFB=Force Feedback
  • DescadentDescadent Member New Car Smell
    Avenga76 said:
    Descadent said:
    ffb? what ffb?
    FFB=Force Feedback
    lol... i know what ffb is... you missed the sarcasm...no ffb as in the game has none... well hardly any
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Member Unleaded
    Descadent said:
    Avenga76 said:
    Descadent said:
    ffb? what ffb?
    FFB=Force Feedback
    lol... i know what ffb is... you missed the sarcasm...no ffb as in the game has none... well hardly any
    British humour? I got it :)
    PC - 4.7Ghz i7 6700K, GTX980Ti (@1500/2000), Windows 10.
    T300 with F1 Rim & T500 pedals. Samsung 4K KS8000, Oculus CV1.
    Just buy an Accuforce, then turn off the game FFB and turn on the SimXperience FFB and it works great. Tons of FFB then.

Problem solved  :p
  • GasClownGasClown Member New Car Smell
    Yeah i have a Fanatec CSW2 and the forcefeedback feels very disconnected from the physics. Maybe the physics are great and realistic, but i can´t feel it in the wheel. 

- No Feeling of weight transfer. Should lighten up when accelerating and has to be stronger when braking.
    - Why is the FFB so damped and strong when countersteering? Feels disconnected and unprecise
    - On little jumps the ffb should lighten completly and in depressions you should feel a higher resistance
    - Why is the ingame wheel shaking and i can´t feel anything of that in my FFB wheel? These effects are completly faked because the physics should effect my forcefeedback and only when my wheel shakes, the ingame wheel should shake with it!!! Those canned fake effects are an absolutely no-go in a simulation.

There have to be more options for FFB in the menus

As he said, Graphics are really good and sounds are one of the best of all racing games. I would say the biggest issue you have to work on is the FFB

+1 as well - hit the nail on the head. I have a T300RS though.

FYI - Here's the list of wheels that are currently supported, if anyone is interested.
    https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4556
    • INTEL 4790K
    • ASUS STRIX 980SLI
    • ASUS Z97WS
    • 16Gb RAM @ 2100Mhz
    • DELL U3415W
    • T300RS/T3PA/TH8A