Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Safety Car too rare? (Also no red flag)

GibospartainGibospartain Member New Car Smell
In my career there was a big crash in Baku. A corner was blocked and I was expecting a red flag. Instead the cars ghosted and 1 lap later were just gone.

Im pretty sure a safety car should have been used in Canada in my career also as a car hit the wall of champions breaking their suspension. At least one car hit the stricken car losing their front win but continued. As before the car disappeared within a lap. The track was also covered with pieces of broken wing from the cars and was never cleared. (An issue in of itself)

I hate that cars "ghost" and that the safety car is not coming out when necessary. I want a realistic F1 experience and his ruins the immersion and make it feel like he game is being toned down. There should be an option to remove ghosting in career if not just remove it from career altogether.

Cars should be removed in a realistic amount of time (under a safety car of red flag if serious enough

Debris as I mentioned needs to be removed too. While it doesn't affect the tyres the same way as it does in real life driving through a large area of  carbon fibre pieces is unrealistic.
Post edited by Gibospartain on
Tagged:

Comments

• marosimarkmarosimark Member Unleaded
    In my career there was a big crash in Baku. A corner was blocked and I was expecting a red flag. Instead the cars ghosted and 1 lap later were just gone.
    Unfortunately, there is no red flag in the game.
  • GibospartainGibospartain Member New Car Smell
    edited September 7
    I was unaware, I assumed it would be since it has been in previous games. Really should be in the game, No excuses. You can't go taking out feature like that, each iteration in the series is meant to get better yet they had this back in F1 2012.
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    I was unaware, I assumed it would be since it has been in previous games. Really should be in the game, No excuses. You can't go taking out feature like that, each iteration in the series is meant to get better yet they had this back in F1 2012.
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't even in 2013, and given how it often turned Monaco into a farce in 2012, I can easily see why.
  • GibospartainGibospartain Member New Car Smell
    edited September 8
    Coffer said:
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't even in 2013, and given how it often turned Monaco into a farce in 2012, I can easily see why.
    I played over 900 hours of F1 2012 yet the red flag only came out a couple of times over 15 years in career (3 separate careers). That said the safety cars in that game were buggy and multiple times they came out but the crashed cars were never recovered so it stayed out for an entire 50 lap races unless you restarted. Turned Singapore into a farce you could say. Codemasters have come a long way since 2012 and the red flag really wasn't far off. Only ever came out when there was a pile-up and the chance of the AI doing that was about 1/100. Really it only happened when I caused the cash so only really made Monaco a farce if you drove like Maldonado.
  • RaalteRaalte Member Wheel Nut
    I played every game since 2010 and can't remember the red flag being a feature.

I do agree with you that it should be in the game.