Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FIA World Rallycross Game?

I would absolutely love a proper Rallycross game. I know that it is apart of DiRT 4, but I feel that its just a side gimmick within that game. 
Codemasters have the official rights to the FIA World Rallycross Championship, yet don't even have half the tracks in the game and don't even have all the cars and drivers. They left out EKS, the REIGNING CHAMPIONS! 
So why not make a Rallycross game? They have the rights to it, some of the tracks and cars already. And a brilliant handling model. The Rallycross handling in DiRT 4 is amazing! The cars handling beautifully and its a pleasure to drive. 
Codemasters already have experience with Officially licensed, 1 championship games. The F1 Series. So why not combine everything they know from F1, the handling from DiRT, and the official rights and make a game for one of the most action packed and exciting forms of motorsport? I know that I would die of excitement if they did. 

Comments

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward
    It's been explained a dozen times already why they don't have the EKS Audi S1, they weren't officially backed by Audi in 2016.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    As already said, they didn't "leave out" the EKS S1, there was an issue with the licensing that prevented them getting in the game. Now that EKS have official Audi backing CM should (in theory!), be able to get permission to include the 2017 car. 

As for why they haven't done a full rallycross game, I think the main factor is would it sell? Game development costs money and, if they aren't going to make enough to cover the cost, it's never going to happen. I absolutely love rallycross and it would incredible to see it get a standalone game but, despite how much more attention it seems to be getting these days, I still don't think there is a big enough following for it to justify a standalone title...

(...more tracks and liveries for DiRT 4 would be a pretty good compromise though!)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• boganibogani Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    As already said, they didn't "leave out" the EKS S1, there was an issue with the licensing that prevented them getting in the game. Now that EKS have official Audi backing CM should (in theory!), be able to get permission to include the 2017 car. 

As for why they haven't done a full rallycross game, I think the main factor is would it sell? Game development costs money and, if they aren't going to make enough to cover the cost, it's never going to happen. I absolutely love rallycross and it would incredible to see it get a standalone game but, despite how much more attention it seems to be getting these days, I still don't think there is a big enough following for it to justify a standalone title...

(...more tracks and liveries for DiRT 4 would be a pretty good compromise though!)
    Agreed. It's too much of a long shot it would sell. But my god, running a league with a full event structure online would be fckn epic!

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    edited September 8
    I agree CM does not do a lot with the license they have. In D4 it is on the same level as the stadium trucks and that is realy a pitty because they could do so much more.
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Full season  FIA RX + GRC ,with  licenced tracks and cars with real driver names could be an awesome Game.

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    I'm not sure that even with all the FIA WRX tracks it would be enough content for a full game. We are, after all, talking about tiny 1km circuits. If it had bot the full set of rallycross tracks and also a good selection of rally stages, that would feel more like a complete game
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • carpacarpa Member Race Steward
    I think it would work very well as a DLC for DiRT 4. The base game and the physics are good, we would just need all the teams/ cars/liveries/drivers and of course all the tracks. And all of the content needs to be from the same season, the current one! Otherwise it just feels very poor.
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • xFitchoxFitcho Member Unleaded
    I wouldn't mind if it was still incorporated in the DiRT games as long as they do it right. I'd love to see them make it more of a focus within the game, and even have a Rallycross Career Mode section. They've got the rights, now they just need to use them properly. 
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Wheel Nut
    Either a standalone RX game or a DLC, I'm all in.
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    too late........................Project Cars 2 is almost here 
  • UnderkexUnderkex Member Pit Crew

RX in Project Cars 2  looks promising. It has 10 circuit at the moment and cars from FIA RX an GRC. Bad news for Dirt 4, RX was my only reason to play Dirt 4.
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    YEAH and physics looks lot better than D4 
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Didzis said:
    I'm not sure that even with all the FIA WRX tracks it would be enough content for a full game. We are, after all, talking about tiny 1km circuits. If it had bot the full set of rallycross tracks and also a good selection of rally stages, that would feel more like a complete game
    FIA RX + GRC tracks would be enough for an official rallycross game.
    No need to make a mixture of rallycross + rally , just a pure RX game with its full features

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    Yep - I'm looking to PC2 to provide my RallyX action for the coming months and that's not something I would have even imagined some weeks ago but, it's looking better and better now.

iRacing will be adding RallyX also this fall so I may have to give that a try once it arrives.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1