Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Invalid time of next lap when cutting a corner in the middle of the out lap

Hi!!!
Is it normal that the time of my next lap gets invalidated when I cut a corner in the middle of my out lap?
Or is this a bug?
I didn't find any rule about this in the internet. I found only about the invalidation of next lap's time when cutting the last corner and I understand this is ok. But also when you cut a corner in the middle of even beginning of the out lap?
Cheers.
Tagged:

Comments

• iRaYzOriRaYzOr Member New Car Smell
    It's probably designed that way, without it you could cut a massive part on the Outlap to fit your Hotlap into a very short time left in Quali.
  • ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Wheel Nut
    iRaYzOr said:
    It's probably designed that way, without it you could cut a massive part on the Outlap to fit your Hotlap into a very short time left in Quali.

This shouldn't matter - I dont think there are any rules in the real F1 regs that state this. Also, if this was the case why shouldn't this happen on a hot lap too? - if for example you lock up and run wide on a corner, your lap is clearly ruined. If you cut a corner mid lap to get back in time for another lap, surely this should be invalidated too? (not just on outlaps)
  • Speedy862Speedy862 Member New Car Smell
    It is bugged actually, if you cut say the penultimate corner in qualy, then pit and go out again it invalidates your next flying lap.
  • WildSnakeWildSnake Member New Car Smell
    edited September 9
    I also thought like iRaYzOr, but I was not able to find any official F1 Rule about this. And the point explained by Foreverchamps is also a good point! I didn't think about this. So, maybe is this really a bug?
  • iRaYzOriRaYzOr Member New Car Smell
    I don't think you would need a rule for that on official F1 because they would probably damage their Car while going Offtrack.
  • DenjelRicDenjelRic Member New Car Smell
    edited September 9
    iRaYzOr said:

This shouldn't matter - I dont think there are any rules in the real F1 regs that state this. Also, if this was the case why shouldn't this happen on a hot lap too? - if for example you lock up and run wide on a corner, your lap is clearly ruined. If you cut a corner mid lap to get back in time for another lap, surely this should be invalidated too? (not just on outlaps)
    If i'm not mistaken there is actually a rule that states drivers are not allowed to corner cut their way through the outlap