Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

D4 DLC ideas

MouingWRCMouingWRC Member New Car Smell
Right, DiRT 4 (D4) is the best rally game actually (without DiRT Rally). Maybe a mixt of D4 and DR should be... waouh !

But D4 has to rise its "contenu". We will talk about cars, countries and categories of cars. (I know Codemasters can't put all these cars, we will choose in comment

D4 DLC ideas 48 votes

Need more cars
4%
Julo264JuanDíaz 2 votes
Need more WRC
2%
Didzis 1 vote
Need Super16000
0%
Need S2000
0%
Need countries
45%
doyley101KingOfCoinsYorAlcoholicDadPinowrcHa3aPMonkeyman707DytutRoadRunner11sqdstrEtirionShouldBeThereNarzugondanielofifiDscruANDYBELBorisTheFrogLutzMLightningFast90Janneman60JLUO 22 votes
Need all of this
27%
mesaDanielsVPh4s3DoubleTenHaris33MouingWRCmkgamernfssjoerdFTWComeOverGJb431fabzviiTheRealPhilGrimstreaker999 13 votes
Need some of this
0%
Need nothing of this
16%
gtmissionSamRWDJob3kAccro2008Underkexsean0393Smithers1968PolarClaw 8 votes
Game is actually perfect
4%
ChristinaMcbean901 2 votes

Comments

• caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    Need more tiles for existing locations, as well as new locations.
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member New Car Smell
    Need all of this
    Needs more tips for the track-gen, needs more variety in the actual locations, needs fixes, needs more liveries, more in-deep team management.

Needs a lot, simply because it has potential
  • Monkeyman707Monkeyman707 Member New Car Smell
    Need countries
    Needs a couple new locations and a couple new patterns for custom liveries in my opinion
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Need all of this
    PolarClaw said:
    Need nothing, let's close this Dirt 4 chapter and let's hope for Dirt Rally 2.
    Total agree. I hope Dirt Rally 2 will have no more "Your stage" 

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• Janneman60Janneman60 Member Unleaded
    Need countries
    It mostly need more countries. On the other hand the 5 we have are crap if you are used to Dirt Rally...
  • danielofifidanielofifi Member Unleaded
    edited September 12
    Need countries
    mesa said:
    PolarClaw said:
    Need nothing, let's close this Dirt 4 chapter and let's hope for Dirt Rally 2.
    Total agree. I hope Dirt Rally 2 will have no more "Your stage" 
    In my opinion it should stay, but only as an addition to real stages. Maybe it could be used for road sections between the stages?  
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    Need nothing of this
    Needs rewriting physics code, needs to separate road surface from environment so we get random environment around random generated road (not combined tile sections of both that make everything feel so repetitive), need to improve a copilot (late calls are every day affair no matter how early you set pacenote calls in the settings), need to allow modding and implement other ways of cheat prevention (countless games can do it), NEED TO COMMUNICATE TO CUSTOMERS NOT ONLY BEFORE GAME RELEASE, BUT ALSO AFTER HYPE IS OVER AND FLAWS ARE APPARENT.
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    SamRWD said:
    Needs rewriting physics code, needs to separate road surface from environment so we get random environment around random generated road (not combined tile sections of both that make everything feel so repetitive), need to improve a copilot (late calls are every day affair no matter how early you set pacenote calls in the settings), need to allow modding and implement other ways of cheat prevention (countless games can do it), NEED TO COMMUNICATE TO CUSTOMERS NOT ONLY BEFORE GAME RELEASE, BUT ALSO AFTER HYPE IS OVER AND FLAWS ARE APPARENT.
    You have no idea how the physics is written, so saying it needs to be rewritten is just uninformed speculation. The engine could well be able to handle these things just fine, but the point is none of us know for sure, and grinding your axe all over the place doesn’t help. This thread is about DLC ideas, not somewhere to air any and all grievances.
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    Need nothing of this
    caerphoto said:
    SamRWD said:
    You have no idea how the physics is written, so saying it needs to be rewritten is just uninformed speculation. The engine could well be able to handle these things just fine, but the point is none of us know for sure, and grinding your axe all over the place doesn’t help. This thread is about DLC ideas, not somewhere to air any and all grievances.
    You neither, what we know is that devs are not sure if they can fix issues with rally physics. Rewriting the engine fixes current issues and allows for further improvement in next game installments (such as tyre physics- tyre wear, tyre choose etc).
    This pool had an option, I picked it as an answer and I elaborated. You did nothing constructive here. Move along.
  • LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    Need countries
    Definitely needs more locations, for mine that is way more important than more cars etc.
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives
  • Smithers1968Smithers1968 Member New Car Smell
    Need nothing of this
    I voted need nothing because although I'd happily pay for more countries, more tiles and maybe even the odd extra special car I won't unless they fix the physics. They could add all the content of DR, SLRE and WRC7 and I still wouldn't play until the handling feels right, especially the classic cars I love so much in DR and SLRE.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    Νο DLC idea here , just a suggestion they add Dirt fish in RX mode as it is included in Pcars 2 so we have a rallycross track more..