Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Invisible rain in Belgium

Just done a wet race in Belguim in my career mode but there was no rain on the screen and no spray coming off the cars. The track looked wet and the handling definitely felt wet but the visuals weren't there. Just though t I'd file this as I think it's a definite bug. Haven't faced it before but it wasn't wet in my first race in Spa only in my second one.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

Comments

• marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    platform?
    mode?
    characterscharacterscharacterscharacters
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Unleaded
    What I have noticed is that, after alt+tabbing out of the game and back, the fluid animations (rain, drops on camera, champagne, etc.) are all gone. @F1Support
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    marsal79 said:
    platform?
    mode?
    characterscharacterscharacterscharacters

Career mode on PC

• AcereesAcerees Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 10
    @F1Support I have also had this around Spain on PC and I had also alt tabbed out of the session but can't confirm at the moment if the issue was there before alt tabbing out or not.  The road was clearly wet the rain was visible around the cockpit and I could hear the rain coming down but there was no spray from tyres at all.  
    Acerees said:
    @F1Support I have also had this around Spain on PC and I had also alt tabbed out of the session but can't confirm at the moment if the issue was there before alt tabbing out or not.  The road was clearly wet the rain was visible around the cockpit and I could hear the rain coming down but there was no spray from tyres at all.  
    I only tend to do that on a menu screen in between sessions not during a session though so basically when I'm in the laptop screen. Usually when in a session I just focus on what I need to do during it if that makes a difference.

Update it's not a track specific problem as I've now had it at both Malaysia and Japan.

• Tilicutza88Tilicutza88 Member New Car Smell
    I have this problem also. No raindrops on lens on heavy rain or light rain. The problem is gone after i restart the game. 
    Processor: amd phenom II X4 925 2.8 ghz,
    Ram: 8 gb
    Video card: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 
    Operating sistem: windows 8.1. 
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Wheel Nut
    I had this in career mode in Canada last night (cockpit view). It was definitely there before. I did change mirrors to Low since then, though, and turned off Smoke Shadows. I doubt that this has anything to do with the issue, but it's CM F1 so you never know.
    Ho3n3r said:
    I had this in career mode in Canada last night (cockpit view). It was definitely there before. I did change mirrors to Low since then, though, and turned off Smoke Shadows. I doubt that this has anything to do with the issue, but it's CM F1 so you never know.
    Yeah it's happening a lot now. When the gam came out it was working fine it's only I think the last couple of patches that might have changed something I think. I've tried a number of things to try to fix it so I definitely feel the problem is on CM's end. Which was why I set this thread up as I suspected as much when I first encountered it. Not had it in any of the previous games although I have heard that some have. Aside from this issue though I'm really enjoying the game.

• F1SupportF1Support Member, Codemasters Wheel Nut
    Hi @sjsharp2010. By invisible rain, do you mean the rain drops that form on the camera, or are there are no rain drops falling from the sky either?

edited September 11
    F1Support said:
    Hi @sjsharp2010. By invisible rain, do you mean the rain drops that form on the camera, or are there are no rain drops falling from the sky either?

yes I mean raindrops falling on the camera the sky and track are suitably wet and handling is OK but there's no raindrops on the camera and no spray coming off the tyres and car either when that happens. It's more the visuals rather than the actual gameplay itself

• F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    F1Support said:

yes I mean raindrops falling on the camera the sky and track are suitably wet and handling is OK but there's no raindrops on the camera and no spray coming off the tyres and car either when that happens. It's more the visuals rather than the actual gameplay itself
    Have you got any footage of that ?
  • SASColferSASColfer Member Unleaded
    edited September 11
    I can confirm this issue, I have suffered the same on PC. Also happens in other modes. There are no visor drops or spray when this happens to me but I do get rain falling infront of me and the handling is definitely right. I have to restart the game a few times to fix it. 

**edit** Graphical settings don't seem to affect this. I have tried lowest and highest (the usual I run on) and it's still there. 
    F1Support said:

Have you got any footage of that ?
    unfortunately no as I don't have any means to record it.

edited September 11
    schoof said:
    that's the bug exactly the handling's there it's the visuals that aren't

not sure if it's connected to this issue or not @F1Support but I also noticed in my last couple of races no spray coming from the champagne bottles in the podium sequences either if that helps track down the problem.

• EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Can confirm this.
    No drops on visor. Pressing ESC I can see waterdrops in the visor as long as I am in the menu. Pressing ESC again, all drops are gone. Track was Brazil, Graphics all Ultra. Hardware Specs below.
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
    What I have noticed is that, after alt+tabbing out of the game and back, the fluid animations (rain, drops on camera, champagne, etc.) are all gone. @F1Support
    Yes I think that's he problem and the culprit as I've been doing some more experimenting and I think this is it.

• Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Wheel Nut
    Ho3n3r said:
    Yeah it's happening a lot now. When the gam came out it was working fine it's only I think the last couple of patches that might have changed something I think. I've tried a number of things to try to fix it so I definitely feel the problem is on CM's end. Which was why I set this thread up as I suspected as much when I first encountered it. Not had it in any of the previous games although I have heard that some have. Aside from this issue though I'm really enjoying the game.

Indeed. I had Spa and Singapore wet now, and it shows the drops on the visor. Only Canada so far that has had it missing.
    F1Support said:

Can confirm - you can see the rain falling from the sky, but nothing on the visor. Also, as stated above, doesn't happen a lot, only happened at Canada so far.