Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Nerf Raikkonen

JJRossoJJRosso Member Wheel Nut
Im not sure about everyone elses career mode but Kimi Raikkonen is way too good compared to how he has driven this season in real life. I think CM should swap Raikkonen AI race ability with Vettel's to make it more realistic. Anyone agree? And Codies are you going to do any updates on this?
Post edited by JJRosso on

Comments

• Lewis44TheWinLewis44TheWin Member New Car Smell
    edited September 10
    JJRosso said:
    Im not sure about everyone elses career mode but Kimi Raikkonnen is way too good compared to how he has driven this season in real life. I think CM should swap Raikkonnen AI race ability with Vettel's to make it more realistic. Anyone agree? And Codies are you going to do any updates on this?
    Vehicle performance and livery changes can only be done with approval from the teams. Once this happens it will be updated, usually end of the season. I agree in my CM Raikkonneen wins too often.

• moozi85moozi85 Member New Car Smell
    2nd season he drops off a bit in my career 
  • likewiselikewise Member Pit Crew
    Kimi slays it every career race I have had so far... Way faster pace than Vettel and Hamilton...
  • rfvgtrfvgt Member New Car Smell
    Ever since Patch 1.04 or 1.05 it has gotten better for me. Maybe that's just a coincidence. But now he's mostly 4th behind Bottas, while Vettel & Hamilton virtually win every race (Season 1, PS4). Again, I'm not sure if that's a coincidence or if CM really secretly changed some drivers' performance with a patch.
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    In my first season Bottas won the WDC slightly ahead of Vettel. 
  • marsal79marsal79 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    offtopic.. we need first game which works!
    i cant even save the game!!! :#
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    I do like it that team mates are even. Although Palmer's AI is very much like IRL 
  • LeedsUnited21LeedsUnited21 Member Unleaded
    vettel won firsyt season for me by 89 points. was huge he won 14 our of the races. i was like come on really haha
  • CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    Are you sure this is still happening? It was a big issue before the last patch, but since then, for me, most drivers are performing exactly as expected right now, almost as if they secretly hotfixed all the driver stats. Massa is slightly more reasonable instead of being an absolute monster that can make up the huge gap between Williams and Red Bull and actually beat Ricciardo and Verstappen in every single race, Palmer is much more of a joke, Stroll is much slower (perhaps exaggerated given his recent improved form), Raikkonen and Bottas are generally 2-3 tenths slower than Vettel and Hamilton and so on. This seems to apply to grand prix mode as well.
  • Sector4Sector4 Member Pit Crew
    Yeah, he should definitely be slower than Vetlel, Humilton, Boattas and Ricardo. 
  • peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Wheel Nut
    Sector4 said:
    Yeah, he should definitely be slower than Vetlel, Humilton, Boattas and Ricardo. 
    Vetlel, Humilton, Boattas and Ricardo. When you watch F1 races on TV, or read articles about F1, do you bother to read and remember the actual names of the drivers?
    I smell like a new car.
    peyt0n89 said:
    Sector4 said:
    Vetlel, Humilton, Boattas and Ricardo. When you watch F1 races on TV, or read articles about F1, do you bother to read and remember the actual names of the drivers?
    Vetlel and Boattas are pretty obvious joke names.
  • KamyKaze1098KamyKaze1098 Member New Car Smell
    Vettel won the first 4 races for me, only failed the 5th due to a DNF when leading. So I'm not seeing this.

What I see is Ferrari drivers always locking the front grid in Qually, which is unrealistic, but always with Vettle edging out Kimi
    edited September 11
    Vettel won the first 4 races for me, only failed the 5th due to a DNF when leading. So I'm not seeing this.

What I see is Ferrari drivers always locking the front grid in Qually, which is unrealistic, but always with Vettle edging out Kimi
    Are you making it to Q3? The car gap is largely lessened in my experience if you don't, so you more often see grids determined by the AI stat differences, and both Vettel and Raikkonen have higher stats than Hamilton and Bottas (rightly so in Vettel's case). If you've ever seen Massa qualify 5th, that's probably why too.
  • CompLex1986CompLex1986 Member Unleaded
    That doesn't happen with me. I think the performance is a bit random and that is okay.
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    I've had 3 races so far in career mode and Kimi hasn't won any of them.

It went as follows;

Aus- Pole (Hamilton) Race win (Bottas)

China- Pole (Vettel) Race win (Hamilton)

Bahrain- Pole (Vettel) Race win (Bottas)

In fact, Kimi has only been on the podium once and that was in Australia.
  • Sector4Sector4 Member Pit Crew
    peyt0n89 said:
    Sector4 said:

It was a joke because the OP wrote Räikkönen as Raikkonnen. You would have noticed it if you had bothered to read and remember the actual names of the drivers when watching F1 races on TV or reading articles about F1. 
  • RodrigoMendesRodrigoMendes Member Wheel Nut
    Let me remember you guys. This year, if there's no team order, Kimi would have won 2 times. Monaco and Hungay.