Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What do you think about Monaco difficulty level?

I've noticed that Monaco is on another level talking about AI difficulty. I can race with AI 70% and arrive on latest pos with a sauber, but when going to Monaco I can't even finish 2 laps because trying to keep the same speed of AI.
I had same problems also on F1 2016 trough. Should this track leveled a bit down ain't?

Comments

• sirio994sirio994 Member New Car Smell
    I agree. Not only compared to other tracks but also compared to other street circuits. Baku and Singapore are hard but manageable...
  • DenjelRicDenjelRic Member New Car Smell
    I had no issues with the AI in Monaco in both dry and wet conditions. Baku however.....
  • likewiselikewise Member Pit Crew
    Sorry, no help here, If I could actually finish a clean lap this year around Monaco I would be able to make an informed comment...
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I'm finding Monaco much harder this year but then I've kind of already decided to just drop the difficulty down when playing that track. Mostly because it's the only track I'm having issues with.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    moozi85 said:
    Monaco is a terrible track especially with today's f1 cars and shouldn't even be on the calendar its only around for the nostalgia and money 
    I agree if there was an option to drop any track from the F1 calendar Monaco would be right near the top of that list for me. But as you said it won't be because of the money.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• hockeytown1926hockeytown1926 Member Unleaded
    I said in a previous discussion.It feels like the handling is different around Monaco.The steering feels heavier and less reactive.The cars also feel twice as heavy.It's odd!
  • fstarredfstarred Member Unleaded
    I said in a previous discussion.It feels like the handling is Tdifferent around Monaco.The steering feels heavier and less reactive.The cars also feel twice as heavy.It's odd!
    The U turn is a disaster  this year, I m not able to turn car as I would
  • roberto28roberto28 Member Co-Driver
    I said in a previous discussion.It feels like the handling is different around Monaco.The steering feels heavier and less reactive.The cars also feel twice as heavy.It's odd!
    Yes esppecially using a wheel. Track force feedback is too heavy as well, U turn not possible to take in first gear!! 
  • sirio994sirio994 Member New Car Smell
    It's true...track effects are heavy and exaggerated (almost wheel-breaking on default FFB)
  • JP072JP072 Member Petrol Head
    Monaco is fine, same as the ai pace. Its good actually.Maybe even a bit too slow there.
    in fact Monaco was the first track i beat my teammate by much more than on other tracks, where i sometimes also lose from him so.( full q and 50%races )
    but who am i ? I could ride Monaco for days without damaging my car on simulation mode. With very consistant laptimes.
  • Trux74Trux74 Member Unleaded
    It's tough for those that don't have a wheel
  • Luke1991Luke1991 Member Wheel Nut
    I'm not sure if the AI are OP at Monaco, the problem for me is that I'm not very consistent there.
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    edited September 11
    The AI's definitely improved a lot since last year, but seeing as you could even lap them in a Sauber back then I don't think it should be unexpected. Their only strong points are turn 1 and Tabac, as far as I can tell, where the AI's absurd mid-corner grip kicks in.
  • SepiDNSepiDN Member New Car Smell
    I managed to take 9th place in quali and 10th in race. Dry quali and wet race.

Using wheel and no assists. I just upped to difficulty for monaco as well. From 85 to 90.
    I finished about 5sec behind grosjean.

I just bought  a wheel for this game so its definately easier with wheel when you can correct small mistakes.
  • JayJay686JayJay686 Member Unleaded
    With Controller playing I've had absolutely no Chance in Monaco in f1 2016!
    I could Make one  fast round in Q but in race the pace of AI with their reliability of being so fast every round was way to fast. Also a they dont make any mistakes. I always quit Monaco frustrated with a crash!
    In 2017 I've only tested once ans it seems its the same as last Year. Also as I cant Take the hairpin which  is annoying. 
    Sad as in GrandPrix4 Monaco was my favorite Track :-)
  • RodrigoMendesRodrigoMendes Member Unleaded
    edited September 11
    Some circuits are harder, others no that much. Nothing to do with IA level, but our level. But sometimes looks like IA have a incredible grip.
  • ChiarelloChiarello Member New Car Smell
    edited September 11
    I don't really think the AI is faster than it should in monaco, its about the same as the other tracks. I play with the Xbox One Controller at about 85-90 difficulty with medium TC and almost always keep pace with my teammate.

I can manage to keep the pace on Monaco like with every other track BUT the track is a pain, really really hard to keep 10-20 laps and dont make a mistake, unlike most other tracks mistakes here are not possible, so i can keep pace but eventually will make a mistake, its not an IF, but when, never managed to complete 50% monaco, even with full TC with damage turned on, so I've just accepted i'm not good enough for the track and just simulate after 3 or 4 laps.

Other street tracks like Baku, Russia or Singapore I've no problems, just Monaco and I just dont see the point in trying there anymore
  • akinozdemirakinozdemir Member Unleaded
    Normally I race without any assistance except low traction control, also 85% AI strength. Monaco is extremely far away from my performance, I can't compete with AI.
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    edited September 11
    Wheel users have a great advantage in Monaco. I played F1 2016 with the pad and the wheel and i can tell you its a HUGE difference. Monaco was my best track in F1 2016 (wheel) and is my best track now on 2017. I think it is perfectly fine. In F1 2016 they were too slow in my opinion.