Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DIRT Rally - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
He guys and girls, Bought and downloaded the early access game yesterday and i must say it looks very good, sadly not a next generation game but it will do :-) Keep up the good work Codemasters. For starters the game looks good, feels good and sounds good. The roads are more narrow so that is a new challenge. Also the stages are long..YES. The menu also looks very good, simple, fast and gives you all the info you need although i miss the stage distance in the select menu. Anyway i wouldn´t be me if i didn´t release something within a day :-))) so here is my first mod and maybe i also release a few car liveries today.... The only thing i didn´t like about the game is the close chase cam so made me one that i like. i hope Codemasters releases an update with an extra camera position that is similar to the one i made. I made one for every car (17x in total, updates will follow with new cars) that is in the first early access release of the game.

DiRT Rally - Close Chase Cam Mod

Edit/ sorry mod is no longer available...

Post edited by hoonhead on

RallyGamers Playground I Liveries, Mods & Tools
www.rallygamer.com

CMR I CMR2.0 I CMR3 I CMR04 I CMR2005 I DiRT I DiRT2 I DiRT3 I DiRT SHOWDOWN I DiRT Rally I DiRT4 I  I GRID I GRID2 I GRID Autosport I F1 2014 

Comments

• GinginhoGinginho Member Unleaded
    Great to see you with the finger on the pulse! Now, about those liveries... ;)
  • Anths95Anths95 Member Unleaded
    hoonhead said:
    He guys and girls, Bought and downloaded the early access game yesterday and i must say it looks very good, sadly not a next generation game but it will do :-) Keep up the good work Codemasters. For starters the game looks good, feels good and sounds good. The roads are more narrow so that is a new challenge. Also the stages are long..YES. The menu also looks very good, simple, fast and gives you all the info you need although i miss the stage distance in the select menu. Anyway i wouldn´t be me if i didn´t release something within a day :-))) so here is my first mod and maybe i also release a few car liveries today.... The only thing i didn´t like about the game is the close chase cam so made me one that i like. i hope Codemasters releases an update with an extra camera position that is similar to the one i made. I made one for every car (17x in total, updates will follow with new cars) that is in the first early access release of the game.

DiRT Rally - Close Chase Cam Mod

You can download the mod here:

http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally/mods/close-chase-cam-mod.html

My God you work fast! If you figure out a way to do the liveries, please share it with us - it wasn't working for me with Ryder's tool from DiRT 3 but I'm not sure what version I'm using so maybe that has something to do with it. It would export the specularity files but not the textures :neutral: 
    "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows." - Walter Rohrl
    dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com - my liveries
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I would really like to see an INGAME livery editor.  Not that I don't appreciate your hard work @hoonhead always have!  But it would be great if we all could tweak and play around with liveries too.  They have it for GRID Autosport (not the best one) but its already done at Codie's so it could be somewhat ported.   What I would change is being able to upload jpg 'decals' or just upload an entire car jpg.  Release templates for the entire cars.  It would be great to not have to hack them into the game.

Also I have been complaining about the cameras for over a year on codemasters games.  Please just allow us to drop one down where ever on the stage or add many many cam positions and DONT AUTO SWITCH allow the user to do that.

Saving replays is also missing after all these years now.  All the cool kids are doing that now :)

twitter: gflinch

• NoOneNBANoOneNBA Member Unleaded
    gfRally said:
    I would really like to see an INGAME livery editor.  Not that I don't appreciate your hard work @hoonhead always have!  But it would be great if we all could tweak and play around with liveries too. 
    That would ruin what's able to be done now though.
    Vector livery editors, or God forbid the raster ones like TDU2 had, are all limited in their abilities compared to what's able to be done with Photoshop.

Things like sticker bombing can't be done with the vector editors, and would take forever to accomplish with a raster editor that didn't allow for imports.
    You also can't knock things out back to a custom fading paint color in most of the in-game editors, with MCLA being the exception to that.
    You can't stack multiple objects, then create an outline of those objects, to make a single semi-transparent object.
  • Ryder25Ryder25 Member New Car Smell
    I agree, as you can never really have all the capabilities in game, as you do outside of it. I feel that it would be a huge waste of time and resources for CM to develop something more advanced in game that can only go so far.
    Modding Applications: http://www.ryder.com
    Ryder: Is your livery editor compatible and, if so, could you point me at the latest version? It's been a long time... :)
  • Ryder25Ryder25 Member New Car Smell
    The latest version can be found at http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

However, while this can open the pssgs, it will not work with the Dirt Rally liveries. Seems CM is using a new dds compression type which I'll have to program for. Unfortunately I'm very limited on time right now.
    Modding Applications: http://www.ryder.com
  • hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
    edited April 2015
    Ryder25 said:
    The latest version can be found at http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

However, while this can open the pssgs, it will not work with the Dirt Rally liveries. Seems CM is using a new dds compression type which I'll have to program for. Unfortunately I'm very limited on time right now.
    @Ryder25, Please Ryder25, we really need you. we have about 7.311.502.143 (and counting) people on this planet but you are the only one who can create/update the tool for us...please :-)

www.rallygamer.com

CMR I CMR2.0 I CMR3 I CMR04 I CMR2005 I DiRT I DiRT2 I DiRT3 I DiRT SHOWDOWN I DiRT Rally I DiRT4 I  I GRID I GRID2 I GRID Autosport I F1 2014 

• tailgunner57tailgunner57 Member New Car Smell
    That impreza skin looks great. We need custom liveries badly, I was pretty disappointed to see that some of the classic cars don't even have one authentic livery. 
    hoonhead said:
    @justbiglee is there a chance Codemasters can edit/update their DiRT Rally game in such way we can also edit/replace the livery select menu so when we have a new custom livery we can also match the menu with it. I think this is a huge thing for the modding community. 
    The ability to add liveries with menu images would be even better because then you can keep the original liveries in the game so Codemasters cannot get into trouble with their paying ingame sponsors :-)

+1,000 :D
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Just to clarify my post, I don't creat liveries, but I appriciate  those that make them, especially the authentic ones.  @NoOneNBA I'll take your word for that, since I don't really know much about creating them, thanks for the education.

That being said, I find it a real pain to load up the new ones in DiRT3 and all the hoops you have to jump through to get them to be added and not over write default ones.

From what I'm reading here, forget the editor.

So as a compromise, how about we ask them to include a load custom livery option.  You guys do your thing and post them, I can do them and just click a few ingame menus and boom your hard work automatically added to the collection.

taking this one step farther, could this be a steam workshop item that we choose via steam to add to the game?  Or Codie's host a special place that shows up in game for us to dl and add.

sorry I really didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.  You guys do really great work!

twitter: gflinch

• NoOneNBANoOneNBA Member Unleaded
    That would be a great addition.gfRally said:
    So as a compromise, how about we ask them to include a load custom livery option.
    sorry I really didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.  You guys do really great work!

That would be a great addition.
    And my post was more intended as a "be careful what you wish for" warning.
    You might get it.
  • hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
    edited April 2015
    ...btw good news about the PSSG tool for DiRT Rally. Ryder25 had a look at it and i tested it for him. It seems all to work well so i hope he will release the tool officially today :smile: and i hope with his permission i can also host it on my website.

www.rallygamer.com

• TommiTAGTommiTAG Member New Car Smell

Hello there.
    First, thanks to Codemasters for the Early Access release of "DiRT Rally". I (and maybe everybody here) have been a great CMR Series fan, and finally the great rally game with CMR atmosphere is back.
    Also, thanks for making it possible for us to Mod this game as always. I look forward to the further development and the updates. :)

@ hoonhead

Thanks for this thread and lots of Mods, Skins and the information as always. It's nice to see the existing skins work for DiRT Rally, too.
    BTW, I want to post the screenshots and the videos of this game, and may I use your skins? Of course, I'll never forget the credit to you. Thank you. :)

@ Ryder25.

Thanks for your continued support for EGO tools. Without your tools, we could not have done most of the Mods. I look forward to the release of the new EGO PSSG Editor. Thank you. :)

• Anths95Anths95 Member Unleaded
    @hoonhead I love those mods you made for the speedo and the notes, generally in most games I leave the UI be but I seriously think those are a major improvement, so thanks! And oh man I'm so excited that @Ryder25 got the tool working, thank you both so much for working on that! Can't wait to start making my team livery :smile: 
    "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows." - Walter Rohrl
    dirtitashaguy.wordpress.com - my liveries
  • arknor1981arknor1981 Member New Car Smell

there should be a mod to remove chasecam.

every video on youtube almost is people using the chase cam and wondering why they keep falling off the road

• LedanekLedanek Member Unleaded

there should be a mod to remove chasecam.

every video on youtube almost is people using the chase cam and wondering why they keep falling off the road

I wonder if that if those are coming from console players? I haven't spent enough time within the cockpit to know what proper FOV should be for each car.

@Codemaster, please include a slider option to slide either slide the seat or the FOV entirely.

@Hoon, Good to see you again getting busy.
    @Tommy, can't wait for your videos and learn some tricks or two.  I can't shave enough seconds.

Win7Pro 64-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro / Intel C2D E8400 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ MSI R7870 AMD 14.501.1003.0/16GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 / CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 / Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech G27