Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Create own F1 team

Career mode should include the ability to create your own F1 team. Complete with car design, colours and sponsors and design drivers suits and equipment etc. R&D upgrades are made available via payment from sponsors dependant on the perforamce throughout the season...no sponsors...no money, Game over. Choice to change designs each new season and sign new drivers or try to keep them. 
Tagged:

Comments

• CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Wheel Nut
    1)This aint an F1 manager game
    2) codemasters cant even get this game right, dont give them more to do lol
  • Trux74Trux74 Member Unleaded
    OP, You want Motorsport Manager. 

My my body is fine
  • moozi85moozi85 Member New Car Smell
    Career mode should include the ability to create your own F1 team. Complete with car design, colours and sponsors and design drivers suits and equipment etc. R&D upgrades are made available via payment from sponsors dependant on the perforamce throughout the season...no sponsors...no money, Game over. Choice to change designs each new season and sign new drivers or try to keep them. 
    I'm 100% with ya on this one needs to be more like other sports games FIFA nba2k etc, drivers changing teams and retiring is a must in career without it it feels no different that the last season 
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    Trux74 said:
    OP, You want Motorsport Manager. 

My my body is fine
    Eh why not? Fifa also has a Manager Mode a Player Mode and even both in one single mode, so yes we want a Motorsport Manager Mode in F1.

Are you playing Career right now? I assume yes, but in its current state it is a Manager Mode. If you were only the driver you wouldn't have the chance to build the car in the direction you want with the whole R&D Tree.  So if they give us half of a Manager mode they could actually do it right and give us a full manager mode.
  • R9NALD09R9NALD09 Member Unleaded
    1)This aint an F1 manager game
    2) codemasters cant even get this game right, dont give them more to do lol
    Yeah let's just aim for an average game.  Every other popular sports game FIFA, NBA 2K, Madden, MLB The Show has retirements, new players etc. etc. so why can't a F1 game have this? 
  • Holmesey1986Holmesey1986 Member New Car Smell
    Career mode is good, but just feels like whats the point going through 10 seasons if there isnt anychange apart from me replacing a driver then him showing up again when i change to another team. Same cars same drivers over ten seasons. And yes why not have Manager mode...EA should take F1 on....could have game face too lol
  • moozi85moozi85 Member New Car Smell
    OMG not this again 

body is 6.1ft and hairy 
  • JP072JP072 Member Petrol Head
    Buy Motorsport manager....                 
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    edited September 13
    If Codemasters did make a more managerial focused F1 game then innumerable critics would cry out how it's not "Motorsport Manager" and they want to race cars not inspect spreadsheets.

Then others would say it's a sub par, half arsed, attempt at a manger mode and they wouldn't like it either.

You'd potentially end up alienating everyone, save a very small group, and ultimately the game would die.

I like the idea of a game that lets you name your team, design it's livery, allows the applying of real world sponsors, demands you start upgrading the various departments of your team, having to invest shrewdly etc... then also having a first-rate game on track that does justice to the whole package.

Kind of like the fifa Ultimate Team game mode.