Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WHEEL TO WHEEL

Wheel to wheel in multyplayer suck.. both pilots see different distances when they are paired

Comments

  • F4lcoX58F4lcoX58 Member New Car Smell
    Not only wheel to wheel... but the multiplayer itself is a mess.
  • RakiBwoahRakiBwoah Member New Car Smell
    F4lcoX58 said:
    Not only wheel to wheel... but the multiplayer itself is a mess.
    true story bro! :(
  • NickDahyNickDahy Member Pit Crew
    There are definitely some sync issues but the main thing is to play with people who are located close to you and have a ping of less that 150ms.  You would be surprised of the crap internet connections there are.  Since there is not a centralized server its all done P2P.  If one connection is struggling very bad it can hurt the entire lobby.

    For example if you do a ping to a country across the world from you vs a ping right next to you will see a large difference.

    I am sure the netcode can be still worked on but when I am around people I know have good connections who are close it seems to work pretty good for the most part!
  • RakiBwoahRakiBwoah Member New Car Smell
    NickDahy said:
    There are definitely some sync issues but the main thing is to play with people who are located close to you and have a ping of less that 150ms.  You would be surprised of the crap internet connections there are.  Since there is not a centralized server its all done P2P.  If one connection is struggling very bad it can hurt the entire lobby.

    For example if you do a ping to a country across the world from you vs a ping right next to you will see a large difference.

    I am sure the netcode can be still worked on but when I am around people I know have good connections who are close it seems to work pretty good for the most part!
    i'm from italy and i play the most time with italian guy.. we dont have the best connection but we have like 40 ms ping, and sometime we touch without do it, f1 2016 wheel to wheel was better facepalm
  • lolschrauberlolschrauber Member Co-Driver
    I honestly didn't notice that it's really worse than last year.

    My guess is that people just like to complain about everything every year.

    Every new game that gets released, people complain that this and that was a lot better the year before.
  • ark13700ark13700 Member Unleaded
    I played in full lobbies against people from across the world at 1 bar and the connection is surprisingly not too bad
  • CofferCoffer Member Unleaded
    In 2016 it happened extremely often. It's still not fixed in 2017 and I don't see it being fixed until CM finally stop going with p2p connections and bring their netcode to modern standards, but it's not as common as before from what I've found.
  • F4lcoX58F4lcoX58 Member New Car Smell
    RakiBwoah said:
    i'm from italy and i play the most time with italian guy.. we dont have the best connection but we have like 40 ms ping, and sometime we touch without do it, f1 2016 wheel to wheel was better facepalm
    Minchia, ciao zio xD
  • RakiBwoahRakiBwoah Member New Car Smell
    F4lcoX58 said:
    RakiBwoah said:
    i'm from italy and i play the most time with italian guy.. we dont have the best connection but we have like 40 ms ping, and sometime we touch without do it, f1 2016 wheel to wheel was better facepalm
    Minchia, ciao zio xD 
    :D
Sign In or Register to comment.