Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Controller disconnect every few minutes?

Is anyone else having this issue with Dirt Rally? It will literally pause the game say controller disconnected then reconnect ever minute or two. I use the same controller for other games with no issue

Comments

• AraripeAraripe Member New Car Smell
    I am having this issue as well. My Logitech Momo always disconnects after loafing the stage :/
  • vxxo0oxxvvxxo0oxxv Member New Car Smell
    G27 happens almost every race
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Yep, with a wired pad, it only happens on DiRT Rally.
    AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    was watching vajbtv streaming last night he was doing well on fferm wynt and half way through his trustmaster wheel disconnected.

my friend with a g27 has this every time he races. i have a dfgt but dont have it.
  • vxxo0oxxvvxxo0oxxv Member New Car Smell
    dgeesi0 said:
    was watching vajbtv streaming last night he was doing well on fferm wynt and half way through his trustmaster wheel disconnected.

my friend with a g27 has this every time he races. i have a dfgt but dont have it.
    sucks. I purchased the g27 on the sole basis that it was the only reasonably piced wheel that was compatible with Dirt Rally on launch. Turns out, it's not entirely compatible.
  • MyrvoldMyrvold Member Wheel Nut
    Suddenly started after the RX update.
    RaceDepartment Rally Games & Motorsport Manager moderator.
  • BennizBenniz Member Pit Crew
    Happened for the first time with me yesterday with my new Thrustmaster T500RS.
  • splatemsplatem Member New Car Smell
    I'm getting occasional disconnects too.  Using an OSW direct drive.  I'm not getting disconnects in any other game.
    Another bug related to this is when I reconnect the controller while the game is running, it goes back to gamepad mode and gives me the dreaded steering deadzone, and no advanced wheel setup available.  When I restart the game completely, it is working fine again, as a wheel with advanced wheel setup available.
  • ExcitedCartoonExcitedCartoon Member New Car Smell
    It has happened to me a couple of times, it's not consistent but I have to restart the game when it happens.
    Benniz said:
    Happened for the first time with me yesterday with my new Thrustmaster T500RS.
    Hopefully it'll never happen with Knut!
  • BennizBenniz Member Pit Crew
    edited August 2015
    That would be a problem wouldn't it!
  • MalyngoMalyngo Member Wheel Nut
    Do you maybe have your wheel connected on a USB3 port?
    If your computer also has USB2.0 ports, try to connect to one of those.

I had an issue like that in another game with mouse and keyboard, sometimes, it just wouldn't take any input for a second or so, keyboard behaved in that time as if I was pressing the last pressed key for that period.

After changing the USB port I connected to to one of the USB 2.0 ports, everything was fine again.
    Malyngo said:

I had an issue like that in another game with mouse and keyboard, sometimes, it just wouldn't take any input for a second or so, keyboard behaved in that time as if I was pressing the last pressed key for that period.

After changing the USB port I connected to to one of the USB 2.0 ports, everything was fine again.

Well, actually it only started happening after I moved, and thus, I might have changed where the different USB-ports are connected on my PC as well - I will check it out tomorrow - and report back! :)
  • gaskigaski Member Wheel Nut
    Used to have this problem with my old g25 on Dirt 3 and Grid.  Luckily no problems with my G27 on DR so far
    superchimp
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 2015
    I've experienced some disconnects but, I can't rule out a hardware issue either as the older AccuForce wheels are known to have potential disconnects through the slip-ring. Pausing the game, removing the wheel at the QR and replacing it generally works so that suggests it is hardware related in my case.

I'll try to confirm again and report any further discoveries.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

Myrvold said:
    Malyngo said:

Well, actually it only started happening after I moved, and thus, I might have changed where the different USB-ports are connected on my PC as well - I will check it out tomorrow - and report back! :)
    I tested it, didn't make a difference.

It only happens in DiRT Rally though.
  • MalyngoMalyngo Member Wheel Nut
    edited August 2015
    Back then when it happened to me, it also only happened in one game, Hawken. But back then, it was virtually the only game I played, so might have just been lucky on other games.
  • panrokpanrok Member New Car Smell
    Well guys, I had similar issue with my G25 Logitech. I had lost the connection at the start of every stage and also the clutch was not working, even after I reinstall drivers. Connect to USB 2.0 port and it solved the issue
  • ProcverProcver Member Wheel Nut
    edited February 2016
    I had that problem with my G27 for a long while, and it happened on other games. I tried several things and here's what worked for me:
    Uninstall your wheel completely, not only drivers but any other software related to it, and re-install but with the latest drivers.
    I still have an issue with the clutch, that it would seem like it's fully pressed on the start of the first stage of the day, but it's solved with pressing it once before entering the event and it's gone for the day.
  • gaskigaski Member Wheel Nut
    This issue just started with me and my G27.  I was playing fine on Rally and RX for a few hours but as soon as I went in RX PvP I was getting wheel disconnected pretty much every 10/20 seconds.  Tried again offline with Rally and RX and the problem persists
    superchimp