Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

R&D Failure work around

It seems every time I update the Durability on the car, the part never fails. All durability cost 500 RP. If a part fails in Powertrain, Aero or Chassis, it cost at least 500 RP to fix and another week before it successfully goes on the car. I've noticed if I save 500 RP and do a durability upgrade the same week an Engine, Aero or Chassis part is being upgraded on the car then the part never fails because we only get one cutscene with our engineer. Doing it this way, I guarantee any big upgrades that might cost 1500-2000 RP will not fail. Try it and see, just save an extra 500 RP and you can upgrade the car without failures and upgrade durability at the same time.

Comments

• RegmaesterRegmaester Member Unleaded
    Last year people complained about the fewer upgrades we had and how fast you could upgrade the car. 

This is year is at a good rate for upgrading. I don't see the point for a work around, IMO of course. 
  • JJRossoJJRosso Member Wheel Nut
    It just depends on if you are wanting a part to work or not. R&D in this years game is great, I just noticed some people didnt like it when parts failed, so this is an option to get around that.
  • HyperactiveDJ91HyperactiveDJ91 Member Unleaded
    False, i did a downforce upgrade at the same time as a durability upgrade and the downforce one failed.
  • KamyKaze1098KamyKaze1098 Member New Car Smell
    False, i did a downforce upgrade at the same time as a durability upgrade and the downforce one failed.
    This happened to me too.
  • JJRossoJJRosso Member Wheel Nut
    This happened to me too.

Ok cool, never happened to me. 3 times now its worked, no failed parts. What cengineer cutscene did you get?
  • KamyKaze1098KamyKaze1098 Member New Car Smell
    JJRosso said:
    This happened to me too.

Ok cool, never happened to me. 3 times now its worked, no failed parts. What cengineer cutscene did you get?
    The failed one, but then when I got the popups describing the updates I got the one for the failed and one for the sucessful update.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Team Principal
    In my career it looks like parts can't fail anymore. I have a total of 40 upgrades by now, and I've had only 3 parts failing, all in the first half of season one, so that's 37 consecutive successful upgrades after that. Biggest luck streak in the world or are more people seeing this further in career? I've only bought 1 of the quality control upgrades for each department.
  • pijinpijin Member Co-Driver
    Seems like 1 or 2 QC upgrade per department basically eliminates failure chances..