Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Finisched my first season but no new contract

Hi today I have finisched my firts season but I don't get a new contract.... why? 

Comments

• ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Maybe you didn't do well enough to get one?
  • DolphinGrayA4DolphinGrayA4 Member Unleaded
    What difficulty? What did your reputation look like? Did you win or get podiums, did you beat your team mate?

If those are all no, then you need to play better. Plain and simple. 

If yes, then it should depend on your reputation at the end of the season.
  • FlyncoFlynco Member New Car Smell
    Difficulty 70% no assist cockpit view 1 first place and beat my team mate and I'm the first pilot in my team toro rosso and I'm 8 place in Champions pilot
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Flynco said:
    Difficulty 70% no assist cockpit view 1 first place and beat my team mate and I'm the first pilot in my team toro rosso and I'm 8 place in Champions pilot
    Then you should have. Oh dear Codemasters...
    I think to restart a new career.... I'm very sad.... 
    How did your reputation bars look? How much interest did the other teams have?

I dont know what the cutoff is for contracts, maybe half way filled?
    How did your reputation bars look? How much interest did the other teams have?

I dont know what the cutoff is for contracts, maybe half way filled?

maybe you are right, but at least a contract from Haas or Renault... instead nope.... sob

That's strange, hard to tell without seeing exactly where your bars are in the game.
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Unleaded
    I think you have to be in the purple for most of the season?
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    The reputation system in general is a bit flawed i feel but thats another story.

If your reputation does not seem to be high enough you just do not get a contract i think. 
    In F1 2016 you could never go from a 3rd grade team (Sauber, Manor) to a 1st grade team (Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and i think even Williams was in there). 
    Maybe its similar but with other classification of the teams?

I was in a Haas (finishing 9th) and i got offers from Red Bull, Renault & someone else i can not remember. Id imagine it would be the same for someone thats in a Toro Rosso. But who knows.
    I think you have to be in the purple for most of the season?
    I was on purple only in the end season...
  • TheVelvetoneTheVelvetone Member Unleaded
    PR3D4TOR said:
    The reputation system in general is a bit flawed i feel but thats another story.

If your reputation does not seem to be high enough you just do not get a contract i think. 
    In F1 2016 you could never go from a 3rd grade team (Sauber, Manor) to a 1st grade team (Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and i think even Williams was in there). 

I was in a Haas (finishing 9th) and i got offers from Red Bull, Renault & someone else i can not remember. Id imagine it would be the same for someone thats in a Toro Rosso. But who knows.
    Of course you could in 2016. I went from Manor straight to a top team
  • joverilljoverill Member New Car Smell
    Flynco said:
     I'm the first pilot in my team toro rosso and I'm 8 place in Champions pilot

Plz stop calling them pilots... They are not pilots they are drivers. They dont fly planes ok.. 

• CofferCoffer Member Pit Crew
    PR3D4TOR said:

You're the exception to the norm.
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 14
    I finished my season 6 with Renault on 96% difficulty and only got an offer from McLaren and Haas. My highest repuation was about 75% with Red Bull and about 60-65 both with Ferrari and Mercedes. Mclaren and Haas were even below them, but still got offers from the lower teams instead of the top teams. But then you can't complain by not getting an offer after one year of driving to go to a top team. Just do one more year and look what you get.
  • mceci1mceci1 Member Unleaded
    Flynco said:

unless it was placed at least 50% interest I don't think you get an offer, just going off youtbers at say 45% and others at 75%, the designated time for contract on 45 is ignored, on 75 you get an offer, I think you have to be over 50% put simply
  • PR3D4TORPR3D4TOR Member Unleaded
    PR3D4TOR said:

No you could not in the latest version of the game. I tried it out several times. Does not work. Even if you win the Championship. Does not work. 
  • ArthurRayArthurRay Member New Car Smell
    Saw a video on you tube where he crashed his McClaren car in every race just to see if he would get fired.  He did, finally.  Interesting thing is Emma offered him a contract with Sauber when he got fired.  So this is an error somewhere deeply embedded in a bunch of ones and zeros or just a quirk never to be duplicated again.
    mceci1 said:
    Flynco said:

unless it was placed at least 50% interest I don't think you get an offer, just going off youtbers at say 45% and others at 75%, the designated time for contract on 45 is ignored, on 75 you get an offer, I think you have to be over 50% put simply
    Thank for your clarification