Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Silverstone issue PS4

What has happened to Silverstone since the 1.6 update on PS4? It's literally pitch black in the rain at certain corners. I didn't drive in the dry but the same black textures are still there so I assume the same thing would happen in terms of complete darkness.

It is unplayable.

Comments

• hardbakedhardbaked Member Wheel Nut
    projoe123 said:

What has happened to Silverstone since the 1.6 update on PS4? It's literally pitch black in the rain at certain corners. I didn't drive in the dry but the same black textures are still there so I assume the same thing would happen in terms of complete darkness.

It is unplayable.

I had this in1.5 thought CM had fixed this in 1.6. I also had this at bahrain
  • fstarredfstarred Member Unleaded
    It happened in Bahrain to me too. I set official race time, didn't happen in qualify , only in race 
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    Is it early morning starts that give that really dark look?
  • projoe123projoe123 Member New Car Smell
    Is it early morning starts that give that really dark look?

It was an invitation event during my career and then a Time Trial to quickly test it. When first entering the circuit, the cutscene, shows black strips across the track around the final chicane which is the prompt that there's a problem.

Only raced at Brazil and Australia today and they were fine. Would be a shame if Bahrain was an issue as well, puts me off carrying on with my career for the time being.

• TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
    Just tried Silverstone at official start time in heavy rain and its fine on my tv.
    Though I'm playing on a Ps4 Pro @ 4K with HDR,

This issue may only be noticable @ 1080p without HDR?
  • likewiselikewise Member Pit Crew
    PS4 Pro with 4K TV, no HDR, Just finished a Spa weekend and in the second practice session it stared to rain. Big black (shadows?) on the track.  So black, that if you didn't know the track you would have driven off... I have seen this with 1.5 and 1.6 versions at numerous tracks... It is definitely an issue.
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Pit Crew
    Tried it without HDR and there is definitely an issue..
    HDR makes a huge lighting differance. 

The only work around i can see without HDR is to increase the Gamma Adjustment on the in race Graphics Options.

@jennyannem
  • hardbakedhardbaked Member Wheel Nut
    This was supposed to be fixed in 1.6. 
    a lot of people complained about it in 1.5. 
  • dudugames11dudugames11 Member New Car Smell

total eclypse................................
    I've completely given up on this game while this problem exists. Shame, was loving it before 1.6 but this bug makes certain tracks literally unplayable.
  • PercocetPantherPercocetPanther Member New Car Smell
    I am, thankfully, not having these issues, but I am sympathetic to those who are and I can only hope that it is sorted... quickly.
  • oogieeoogiee Member New Car Smell
    I had the same thing in baku with the shadows. The last corner before you come on to the 'isn't straight' was completely missing because of cloud cover.

The cloud shadows in this game are quite messed up. They are much darker than they should be and interefere with the kurb textures in a lot of places. It's just that we only notice them on the corners. I had kurbs missing in Silvertone yesterday but it was more on the straight so it didn't effect me that much but the one corner that was missing was very hard to judge since it was the 3rd last corner going down from 7th to 3rd gear and taking a left.

I have racing line on and can still get away with it, can't imagine how much it would suck for people without racing lines to get their apexes. Speaking of which eventhough the textures of kurbs go missing the physics of it remain and it seems like you are going over a ghost kurb.
    Although this isn't mentioned in the patch notes it seems to have been fixed thankfully. I did time trials at most tracks today after doing the 1.7 update and had no problems at any circuit. B)