Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

BTCC discussion

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Thruxton must be the only aerodrome racetrack in the world that doesn't use either of the runways...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    All Honda podium!
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I actually saw the first race for once! MotoGP now and if the times work out BTCC race 2, then DTM and then BTCC race 3 :)
    Pretty high speed crash! Good to see him (can't see his car lol) out of the car and ok though. 
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Red flag! 
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    ****! The crashes at church just get bigger and bigger! Kinda scary to see a car flying into a wooded area upside down.
  • P308RP308R Member Pit Crew
    BTCC is absolutely amazing! What they have created is action packed close racing. Hope many countries will follow the example of BTCC (Are you listening FIA WTCC???)

As for Codies, maybe you don't even need the BTCC license but please create a game with just this kind of racing and rule-sets. Add "fictional" touringcars build to BTCC specs from manufactures all arround the world and you will have a killer game!

BTCC Motorsport thanks for an amazing sunday! Motorsport at it finest!!!
    | TOCA | CMR | TOCA2 | CMR 2.0 | TOCA WTC | TOCA RACE DRIVER | DTM RACEDRIVER 2 | CMR 4 | DTM RACEDRIVER 3 | DIRT | GRID | F1 2010 | F1 2012 | GRID AS | DIRT RALLY | DIRT4 | 

FIREVS

• jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward

Awesome
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

The only problem with BTCC is the races are too short! They need to add around 5 to 8 laps onto each race :)
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Those crashes at Church, wow.... So good to see everyone got out with no problems.

Great races as usual in the BTCC. I love this series.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    Race three was brilliant, but those crashes at Church were horrific. That needs sorting before next season. Also a bit disappointing Race 2 was stopped, could've seen some good battles. And Plato had a horrific weekend :(

#RIPJules

• breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    at least all drivers got just under a month to fix cars before next round
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    time for the next round this weekend at Oulton Park, I wonder if all cars get safety past turn 1 and its the full layout in use this time around
    I prefer the full Oulton Park. Does BTCC use the extra chicane or not?

#RIPJules

• Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    I'm getting quite excited because I'm going to my first ever BTCC race day at Croft on Sunday. Given I've never sat through a whole race day on TV before it will be interesting, but judging by the excitable comments of my friends from North West Rally who I'm going with, there's paddock access and all.

I'm taking my camera, and I'll post a link to any good photos I take, plus there'll be some activity on our Facebook & Twitter pages, and probably mine too if my phone works.

@fIsince08, didn't you go last year? Are you going this time?
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
    I'm getting quite excited because I'm going to my first ever BTCC race day at Croft on Sunday. Given I've never sat through a whole race day on TV before it will be interesting, but judging by the excitable comments of my friends from North West Rally who I'm going with, there's paddock access and all.

I'm taking my camera, and I'll post a link to any good photos I take, plus there'll be some activity on our Facebook & Twitter pages, and probably mine too if my phone works.

Yes and yes :)

#RIPJules

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator

Sounds awesome man! Looking forward to seeing the photos. You'll have a super time, I wanna go again now! Last time for me at the touring cars was Silverstone 2011!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

You'll love it :) For the price of the ticket you get a lot from the day, and it's a far more accessible sport than F1 is.

I haven't been to a race since Thruxton 2008, but I absolutely plan on going again, probably next summer when my best mate finishes uni and moves back to the local area :)